BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Meta jon View Post
    thats a great pic - is it a cover?
    Probably a commission or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I prefer not written at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's really a trap.

If you buy the book, it's more likely that the bad characterization will become normalized by other writers. But if you don't buy the book because they're written badly, Marvel can just point and say, "See? No one cares about that character."
    I think for a character that isn’t A lister any exposure is good exposure. Laura is like B+ tier imho and she is gonna break out of Logan’s shadow some day so I say keep writing her.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

My feelings in regards to the current state of affairs in regards to Laura are as follows: What happened to you Laura? You use to be cool. (A simulated cookie to whoever got this reference.)

It's really a trap.

If you buy the book, it's more likely that the bad characterization will become normalized by other writers. But if you don't buy the book because they're written badly, Marvel can just point and say, "See? No one cares about that character."
    Eeeeh I don’t worry about that too much with Laura. The only time in recent memory that she hasn’t been used is when she was explicitly stuck in the Vault for a storyline. Otherwise she tends to get used in teams and the occasional solo. So if the characterization is hitting just don’t buy it.

Soo, in Devil Reign: X men:

spoilers:
    It's established that Gerry Duggan never read All New Wolverine. We get the scene where Taskmaster says to Laura: "I fought the original Wolverine, but not this pretender" WHEN THEY LITERALLY FOUGHT IN ISSUES 2 AND 3 OF ALL NEW WOLVERINE. I have no idea why it made me so mad, but it did. Not only they did fight, Laura won, but also wtf is with the "pretender" part? She's Wolverine for so long, it's nothing new for heroes and villains of Marvelverse, especially the ones that already fought/met her.

Also her answer: "Oh dude, I'm so not interested" simply sucks.
    end of spoilers

I hope after new vote in June/July she's out of this team and goes to new writer. I wanted to get coffee, but right now I don't need it anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post

spoilers:
    It's established that Gerry Duggan never read All New Wolverine. We get the scene where Taskmaster says to Laura: "I fought the original Wolverine, but not this pretender" WHEN THEY LITERALLY FOUGHT IN ISSUES 2 AND 3 OF ALL NEW WOLVERINE. I have no idea why it made me so mad, but it did. Not only they did fight, Laura won, but also wtf is with the "pretender" part? She's Wolverine for so long, it's nothing new for heroes and villains of Marvelverse, especially the ones that already fought/met her.

end of spoilers

I hope after new vote in June/July she's out of this team and goes to new writer. I wanted to get coffee, but right now I don't need it anymore.
    That is seriously awful. What the hell is Editorial even DOING these days?

spoilers:

end of spoilers

*sigh* I think you hit the nail on the head the other day when you said that Duggan’s Laura essentially starts with the Vault storyline. You can maybe say it’s a creative (albeit odd) choice to not focus on her trauma in other issues, but dang we can’t even acknowledge her recent fights?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    *sigh* I think you hit the nail on the head the other day when you said that Duggan’s Laura essentially starts with the Vault storyline. You can maybe say it’s a creative (albeit odd) choice to not focus on her trauma in other issues, but dang we can’t even acknowledge her recent fights?
    I'll bet her history with Fisk goes completely unmentioned in this book, as well. It's not like it's part of her ORIGIN BOOK or anything. These aren't even obscure details that would require a superfan to remember, or hours of searching to dig up. All he'd need to do is pull her up on Marvel Wikia.

Amazing Member

Not reading the first arc of the most well known solo series for a character you chose to put in a team book is a bold strategy. Let’s see if it works out for him.

That is seriously awful. What the hell is Editorial even DOING these days?
    Probably being interviewed for X-Men Monday, dunno if anything else.

I know, and that makes it more sad. It could be in some way creative, if he was actually doing something with her

I'll bet her history with Fisk goes completely unmentioned in this book, as well. It's not like it's part of her ORIGIN BOOK or anything. These aren't even obscure details that would require a superfan to remember, or hours of searching to dig up. All he'd need to do is pull her up on Marvel Wikia.
    Of course it won't be mentioned, I think X-Men team is done for this book.

It sucks how much editors don't care, I wonder if this is with all characters? With Laura I remember: X-23 2018 series - saying she was created by Alchemax, not Facility; X-Men Red - Jean explaining to her who Gentle is, now she apparently never fought Tasky. Can you volunteer as a fan to idk, check comics for fails like that?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I really hope that Wong takes her for her xmen book. It's getting sad.

BANNED

Probably being interviewed for X-Men Monday, dunno if anything else.

I know, and that makes it more sad. It could be in some way creative, if he was actually doing something with her

Of course it won't be mentioned, I think X-Men team is done for this book.

It sucks how much editors don't care, I wonder if this is with all characters? With Laura I remember: X-23 2018 series - saying she was created by Alchemax, not Facility; X-Men Red - Jean explaining to her who Gentle is, now she apparently never fought Tasky. Can you volunteer as a fan to idk, check comics for fails like that?
    What's really pathetic is that the fight from ANW is LITERALLY the first thing that comes up when you Google "X-23 vs. Taskmaster" so there's honestly no excuse for not knowing this. I'm tempted to Tweet Duggan a "Let Me Google That For You."

The ONLY justification I can think of is that Tasky loses his memories over time as he uses his powers, so he could have just forgotten. But even that hasn't been applied consistently.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 01-19-2022 at 08:56 AM.

The continuity stuff is weird and annoying, but my bigger issue is that Laura doesn't even sound like herself when she's under Duggan. Anyone else feel the same way?
    2024: The Year of Hellion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    The continuity stuff is weird and annoying, but my bigger issue is that Laura doesn't even sound like herself when she's under Duggan. Anyone else feel the same way?
    Laura hasn't sounded anything like herself since Tamaki wrote her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I really hope that Wong takes her for her xmen book. It's getting sad.
    I’m also hoping Wong snatches Jubilee, so I’ll be more than happy to see my girls reunite.