Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I do not understand why they keep bringing that guy back. Of all the characters Marvel has made ill considered efforts to majorly push as a big deal to the Marvel universe at large, I have to say he is the worst, and I am including all the terrible non Black Bolt/Maximus Inhumans they tried to push as hugely important in that.

*thinks*

I mean, I could see an argument that all the characters Mark Millar came up when he was at Marvel with and tried to push as hugely major world shaking deals in several comics (that one dude particularly who he kept trying to insert into everything, the villain with the reality warping powers, his name escapes me) were worse, but I maintain the Sentry as the standard bearer. Worse even than the Hood.

The Sentry was just fine in that initial mini series. It was even clever and well done in certain ways. And then....

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I do not understand why they keep bringing that guy back. Of all the characters Marvel has made ill considered efforts to majorly push as a big deal to the Marvel universe at large, I have to say he is the worst, and I am including all the terrible non Black Bolt/Maximus Inhumans they tried to push as hugely important in that.

*thinks*

I mean, I could see an argument that all the characters Mark Millar came up when he was at Marvel with and tried to push as hugely major world shaking deals in several comics (that one dude particularly who he kept trying to insert into everything, the villain with the reality warping powers, his name escapes me) were worse, but I maintain the Sentry as the standard bearer. Worse even than the Hood.

The Sentry was just fine in that initial mini series. It was even clever and well done in certain ways. And then....
    *whispers*
    .... but then he got used by a guy with almost godlike control over Marvel comics and the power to completely reinvent characters as he chose, increase their powers, nerf them, ignore how they work completely, and utterly ignore their personalities as established for decades, but now....

.... but now someone’s thrown that guy’s one ring into Mount Reboot and he’s working at The Other Place, so maybe... just maybe... they could make Sentry a little bit more viable again...? Or at least a smidgen more tolerable...?
    *unwhispers*

It's not really going to let him do anything to the Sentry of any substance with telepathy turned off.
    So, it's likely phasing and super speed for a bit by Jonny until Bob busts out the AoE strike for the win?

Some jazz like that.

Oh for god's sake.
    What? It could be entertaining right? I mean, a photosynthetic reaction that causes his molecules to step an instant ahead of the current time line.

*stops to laugh*

Honestly, if the writer of this book is able to concoct some semblance of sanity in the way of this guy's power set, he deserves a medal.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm not sure Phasing will do much good if Bob ate his Wheaties this morning and remembers he has molecular manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'm not sure Phasing will do much good if Bob ate his Wheaties this morning and remembers he has molecular manipulation.
    Good luck with that.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Good luck with that.
    Yeah, eating Wheaties is pretty tough.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Yeah, eating Wheaties is pretty tough.
    Breakfast of champions, Bob ain't up to that.

He's more an old muesli and a chopped up banana kind of guy. Strong coffee which he doesn't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Breakfast of champions, Bob ain't up to that.

He's more an old muesli and a chopped up banana kind of guy. Strong coffee which he doesn't enjoy.
    I had to Google what muesli was.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I had to Google what muesli was.
    Hah! My wife hails from England. I am all to familiar with the Muesli/banana combo
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

*thinks*

You like echoed my sentiments completely.

Also millar’s Guy was Clyde Wyncham
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie