Page 131 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2335
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I know about this because I heard that here.

About Kon.. When I saw the first Lex experiments in this film I was a little scared thinking that one of them would transform in Kon..

I was surprised and happy seeing him in that cloning tube,right beside all those failures of lex and Dabney,I'm still in shock that they are actually using him at all.

Hopefully his powerset is a TTK/kryptonian mix,and he has a Lil of his cool kesel attitude,while wearing the new 52 suit as his fresh from the cloning tube suit.

BANNED

Wrap your brain around the fact that "maybe" this time next year we will have kon in at least 3 forms in mass media-- young justice back,reign of the Supermen movie,and the Titans show. That's crazy.

Eventhough all he did was curl into a ball and grab a jacket seeing Kon in Death of Superman made me way too happy.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Eventhough all he did was curl into a ball and grab a jacket seeing Kon in Death of Superman made me way too happy.
    Yeah his parts in the movie were much smaller and went by much quicker than the other 3 Supermen parts did,but it felt like tomassi was making sure in that lil time it still got a reaction out of us Kon fans.

BANNED

Young Justice: Outsiders pushed back to 2019

https://www.newsarama.com/40596-youn...s-delayed.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Young Justice: Outsiders pushed back to 2019

https://www.newsarama.com/40596-youn...s-delayed.html
    That is a damn shame. They need to open with the shows people have been expecting and craving back before they open with new and uproven shows that are cool, but unkown.

So 2019 will be the year for kon, young justice will finally be here, the reign of the supermen is coming, and maybe onthe Titans show. In the comics he might be back, after doomsday clock or hopefully another tease.

Well we have injustice...... Until they kill him ugh

Now I'm a fan if Kon and Jon but Young Justice Outsiders has Kon and it appears as will Reign of the Supermen and with Jon off Earth I wonder if Kon could make a return in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Now I'm a fan if Kon and Jon but Young Justice Outsiders has Kon and it appears as will Reign of the Supermen and with Jon off Earth I wonder if Kon could make a return in the comics?
    He will probably be back in Doomsday Clock. Especially with yet another YJ member returning recently.

Flash #50 spoilers:
    spoilers:
    So, Bart Allen just came back. As Impulse. In the original Impulse costume. And looks as young as he did when he originated. My goodness if they'd just do the same with Kon and bring back the Kesel original
    end of spoilers.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Flash #50 spoilers:
    spoilers:
    So, Bart Allen just came back. As Impulse. In the original Impulse costume. And looks as young as he did when he originated. My goodness if they'd just do the same with Kon and bring back the Kesel original
    end of spoilers.
    They might bring back something resembling the look but no way are they ditching the Johns origin. That's like Barry's dead mommy now, forever ingrained in peoples minds.

That would be a fine enough compromise for me. I'll always argue that the origin change was wholly unnecessary and fanboyish, but its not an unworkable idea now that its done. It was just taken in the most cliched, character-assassinating direction possible.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Flash #50 spoilers:
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers.
    Don't I wish!

Was his New 52 run any good? I pretty much ignored it because I hated the Titans run at the time.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mostly it was terrible. But it started out with promise. Lobdell actually did a good job with the initial issues. He was setting up a really interesting premise, and a really interesting characterization. It was different than what had came before, neither was he the Peter Pan-like spunky kid Kesel created, but neither was he the melancholic downer that Johns turned him into. Instead, Lobdell went the route of making him an almost empty slate. As such he's kinda robotic at first and we were supposed to see him grow and attain emotion and personality. But then Lobdell left and in came DeFalco who completely tore it down and suddenly Kon was just some delinquent kid robbing banks and the like. All the nuance of him being a blank clone was thrown to the wayside. That was the start of a down turn that simply got worse when the Harvest stuff and Teen Titans crossovers began, which completely destroyed everything. Granted, in retrospect it might have been that the Harvest/Jon Lane Kent stuff might have been something Lobdell was going to do in the first place, as that was still his stuff at the end of the day being developed in Teen Titans. So its possible that even if he hadn't have left the Superboy proper title things could have still have spiraled down the drain. It all depends if that was always in his original plans. But nonetheless, in the beginning, for a brief period, it was good.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-13-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Was his New 52 run any good? I pretty much ignored it because I hated the Titans run at the time.
    I heard Lemire managed to salvage him right before he got sent off to Limbo. I gotta disagree with Sacred I thought Lobdell’s stories were trash, dropped the book after 2 issues.