Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Question, how old is Tim/Jace supposed to be? Because I was looking at that timeline for future state that DC provided a while back, and while Next Batman is set in 2025 (4/5 years away) Justice League where Tim will also be is set in 2040.

So I’m assuming Tim/Jace is around early 20’s or so, that way he’s not too old as a member of the future Justice League.
    has it been said for sure it's still Timothy on the 2040 League? Aquaman and Aquawoman swapped, he could've passed it to Luke or Duke between Next Batman and Future State: Justice League.

I don't think Timothy is meant to be younger than Luke, who's supposed to be in his early 20s. I've been working under the assumption he's gonna be older Tamara or just a bit younger, so mid to late 20s. so if he's still on the team by 2040 he's likely gonna be in his 40s, not much older than Bruce and Clark should be currently, so he could just be the elder statesman of the team.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    has it been said for sure it's still Timothy on the 2040 League? Aquaman and Aquawoman swapped, he could've passed it to Luke or Duke between Next Batman and Future State: Justice League.

I don't think Timothy is meant to be younger than Luke, who's supposed to be in his early 20s. I've been working under the assumption he's gonna be older Tamara or just a bit younger, so mid to late 20s. so if he's still on the team by 2040 he's likely gonna be in his 40s, not much older than Bruce and Clark should be currently, so he could just be the elder statesman of the team.
    I mean I’m pretty sure he’s still been mentioned in the solicitations for Justice League here in this link.

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...stice-league-1

Also I just can’t see them switching out Batman in multiple titles
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I’m pretty sure he’s still been mentioned in the solicitations for Justice League here in this link.

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...stice-league-1

Also I just can’t see them switching out Batman in multiple titles
    I didn't see his name listed in the solicitation (maybe I missed this title's solicit). well, assuming the solicit is to be believed, he's probably just gonna be the oldest in the team considering he would be around Bruce's age. As for the mantle swap, I don't think it's really THAT out of the question. Their identities aren't integral to the story (considering they don't trust each other with them) so it's not like this story would need Timothy specifically to be Batman here. there's also precedent with the Aquafamily and it would explain why Batman's the only character we've seen who changes suits between titles; which I'm now more curious about if this is still Tim. maybe it's like a proto-Batman Beyond suit to help support him in his older age.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

I didn't see his name listed in the solicitation (maybe I missed this title's solicit). well, assuming the solicit is to be believed, he's probably just gonna be the oldest in the team considering he would be around Bruce's age. As for the mantle swap, I don't think it's really THAT out of the question. Their identities aren't integral to the story (considering they don't trust each other with them) so it's not like this story would need Timothy specifically to be Batman here. there's also precedent with the Aquafamily and it would explain why Batman's the only character we've seen who changes suits between titles; which I'm now more curious about if this is still Tim. maybe it's like a proto-Batman Beyond suit to help support him in his older age.
    It’s possible that it’s a proto beyond suit, I just assumed it was his own spin on the bat-suit seeing how he’s basically wearing a modified version of Bruce’s suit when he starts out in Next Batman. That after a decade or two of being Batman he just decided that he’s got to be his own Batman with his own suit.

Also the solicitation was altered after the identity was revealed, initially the name was redacted so you probably didn’t really miss it.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-02-2021 at 08:33 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

New interview with Ridley plus a lettered preview: https://t.co/sbK121dTzM
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 01-04-2021 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Mew interview with Ridley plus a lettered preview: https://t.co/sbK121dTzM
    Seems like the narration is Luke's or ambiguous to setup probably the reveal at the end of who the new Batman actually is.

New interview with Ridley plus a lettered preview: https://t.co/sbK121dTzM

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Think this is technically the same interview, DC did a phone call interview with a bunch of press members.

Think this is technically the same interview, DC did a phone call interview with a bunch of press members.
    Oh ok.

For the post Future State era, I'd have him be the lead of Detective Comics. Or a solo/miniseries as I'm not picky.

Astonishing Member

Getting hyped all over again! Really looking forward to this!

And I like that we get out first real interaction between Luke and Tim. You can see right off the bat (heh) that Tim still has that rebellious spirit within his personality. Luke tells Tim to go and the first thing Tim retorts with is "Don't tell me what to do." That section alone is gonna be juicy and worth the story being told. (Gotta look past the "BCSFS", though, even if they are brothers, since I don't think they're intended to be twins.)

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Getting hyped all over again! Really looking forward to this!

And I like that we get out first real interaction between Luke and Tim. You can see right off the bat (heh) that Tim still has that rebellious spirit within his personality. Luke tells Tim to go and the first thing Tim retorts with is "Don't tell me what to do." That section alone is gonna be juicy and worth the story being told. (Gotta look past the "BCSFS", though, even if they are brothers, since I don't think they're intended to be twins.)
    BCSFS? what that is? I agree it is weird that Luke and Tim look exactly the same except one's hair is more nappy. maybe we had it all wrong, I've been assuming Tim would be older than his other siblings but maybe he's Luke's twin as a way to play on Luke being considered a revamp of Timothy in some circles.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

BCSFS? what that is? I agree it is weird that Luke and Tim look exactly the same except one's hair is more nappy. maybe we had it all wrong, I've been assuming Tim would be older than his other siblings but maybe he's Luke's twin as a way to play on Luke being considered a revamp of Timothy in some circles.
    BCSFS is just me being "clever". It stands for "Black Character Same-Face Syndrome."

Another thing I like about this scenario with Luke and Tim is that Luke's hostility towards Tim is probably due to holding some resentment towards Tim, especially if Tim is older (although, really, even if not). It would ultimately be misplaced (and better allocated towards Lucius, if anyone), but me thinks that Tim's absence led to Lucius becoming a lot more strict with Luke. Luke, in turn, now had to live to the golden son expectations doubled-down on by Lucius, which we know Luke has chaffed under. It'll tie in nicely to Luke's whole MMA passion and pursuit in his late-teens/earliest twenties, along with Luke's own travelling stint.

I know they only have 4 scant issues to tell everything that needs to be told. (Gah!! That's way too few!!) But if Ridley plots this just right, and if his Fox Family, especially Luke, was researched thoroughly enough, then this'll not only be a good thing for Tim, but for Luke, too. And Luke needs this love and focus, considering how shamelessly DC has sidelined him twice over, both after his solo ended and again after Tynion's Detective Comics run ended. (And Luke was the only Gotham Knight not to get his own ongoing story arc after his introduction into the team.)

This quote Ridley says is interesting: "Going into the next phases, I can't talk specifics for various reasons. But I can say that there is a long -term plan for what's going to happen. We wanted the story to feel unified. We don't want it to feel like there's a lot of different people operating in different spaces. That's good for the storytelling, that's good for the fans, and it's good for a cohesive universe.

Beyond that, there are very specific plans that will make Tim his own individual character with his own emotional velocity within his story. The universe will be unified and some very exciting things are going to happen. On the heels of "Joker War," there are plans for Tim to be able to engage in a very specific way on his own."

He definitely makes it sounds like the Tim in the main universe won't be taking on the batman mantle, but getting his own identity. That's probably a good idea, have him work towards becoming Batman in the main universe.

You know I have to say I’m very interested to see how Tim/Jace got to where he is in Next Batman #1. He was well trained, well equipped, and I got to say that he made for a good Batman....which makes me wonder where he got the skills and the gadgets.

Supposedly he was in military academy according to the first issue, but I’m not sure that would be enough to indicate who trained him.
    Words to live by.