Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So what will MJ and Peter talk in issue 60??
    idk the engagement
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Tbh this seems to be dragging on. The "BIG REVEAL THAT CHANGES SPIDER-MAN TO HIS CORE" hasn't happened...right? Because if it did I missed it

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

I read the issue and over all enjoyed it. I really think that problem with this story as I've said in other places is that it's just not working in the "single issue" format and I really do think that if you were reading this in a trade or omnibus then it'd work a lot better. There are many interesting things that have seeds planted here, it's just now seeing if Spencer is able to deliver on what he's setting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Tbh this seems to be dragging on. The "BIG REVEAL THAT CHANGES SPIDER-MAN TO HIS CORE" hasn't happened...right? Because if it did I missed it
    Yeah, misleading solicit. I think they are truly the reason people are disappointed.

LAST REMAINS" ends and will make you look at Spider-Man differently.
    It'll make Peter look at himself differently.

TRANSLATION: Harry blames Peter for his actions in the past like never telling him his father's secret so it's Peter's fault that Norman killed Gwen and continued as the Green Goblin instead of Harry getting him help. You see Spider-Man differently? He messed up and it's his fault too! Peter sees himself differently too because he considers Harry's point, but not really because he doesn't accept it?!

• If you thought the buildup TO Kindred was intense, the fallout FROM Kindred is even more devastating.

TRANSLATION: Kingpin has big bad plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    I read the issue and over all enjoyed it. I really think that problem with this story as I've said in other places is that it's just not working in the "single issue" format and I really do think that if you were reading this in a trade or omnibus then it'd work a lot better. There are many interesting things that have seeds planted here, it's just now seeing if Spencer is able to deliver on what he's setting up.
    Yeah Spencer has me engaged and the story he is telling is good, it's just that it's spread out into more issues. And since Spider-Man comics are released so frequently... it's not that we are waiting longer in time over a normal comics, but we are waiting longer in issue count... so that makes it FEEL longer..

Like, If ASM was released monthly and Spencer removed the decompression, we would only be on issue #28 of the run and be at the same place in the same 2 year period.

I mean a normal book would have had 3 issues in October - December and we had 11. So that means a Normal book would have done Last Remains in 3 issues but in the same amount of time and FELT like we didn't wait nearly as long, but we waited the same amount of time.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-06-2021 at 09:47 AM.

I was not expecting this at all but I LOVED it. What an emotional punch from Norman.

PS: I feel very stupid because I have not remembered until today that Kingpin was the cause of One More Day. I couldn't stop thinking "What is he doing here?"

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I liked this issue. I think once we are ahead of Last Remains a little and swarmed by all the hype that surrounded we might appreciate it more.

It was essentially the next phase of Kindred. I just think a lot of us were expecting an answer dump. Spencer obviously doesn’t want to play it that way. His run has been pretty good so far so I’ll let him tell his story the way he feels he should.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

The immediate thing the stood out about this issue ironically enough is this issue kind of reaffirms that Spencer is sticking around for the long haul on Peter's book. And I get the frustration that after over a year of buildup we ended up getting a bait and switch where this isn't the resolution to Kindred, just part 1 of an ongoing saga.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they're expecting the Mephisto deal to get reversed. I think the entire purpose of this arc was to foreshadow that the monkey's paw of Peter's deal with Mephisto is whatever is currently going on with Harry. I think all the callbacks to OMD wasn't done so to "fix" OMD as much as it was to actually give consequence to Peter's deal with the devil.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

"I loved you both so much..........why did you do this to me?" Man, that was heartbreaking.

Another excellent issue, Nick Spencer is nailing it.

I thought this was a fantastic issue. One of the best in awhile. Great writing and art, and glad to see on a focus on a different side of Norman.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The immediate thing the stood out about this issue ironically enough is this issue kind of reaffirms that Spencer is sticking around for the long haul on Peter's book. And I get the frustration that after over a year of buildup we ended up getting a bait and switch where this isn't the resolution to Kindred, just part 1 of an ongoing saga.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they're expecting the Mephisto deal to get reversed. I think the entire purpose of this arc was to foreshadow that the monkey's paw of Peter's deal with Mephisto is whatever is currently going on with Harry. I think all the callbacks to OMD wasn't done so to "fix" OMD as much as it was to actually give consequence to Peter's deal with the devil.
    Yeah, I never thought this was going to undo OMD. However, he is going to make Peter pay the consequences of it and remember it. It will be something that happened, not the void that it has been for years. Recognizing that it existed is necessary to move beyond that.

Like opening a wound that has closed while infected, you have to open it.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    "I loved you both so much..........why did you do this to me?" Man, that was heartbreaking.

Another excellent issue, Nick Spencer is nailing it.
    Yeah that one was a really hard punch. Nick Spencer is setting up some really interesting things, now the issue is to see if Marvel will let him go with the pay off or will it be like in Secret Empire and they pull the rug out from under him.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, I never thought this was going to undo OMD. However, he is going to make Peter pay the consequences of it and remember it. It will be something that happened, not the void that it has been for years. Recognizing that it existed is necessary to move beyond that.

Like opening a wound that has closed while infected, you have to open it.
    That was one of the things that bothered me with OMD. It wasn’t a story much as it was a vehicle for change. Editorial mandated change. Therefor it was’t neither built to be explored or to hold up as a story. It was just thrown out and then never to be referenced again. By looking at it as a story with consequences we are taking a risk. Will it work? Or are it perhaps something, if we acknowledge it and build from it, that will only hurt the characters more then it already has.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Yeah, misleading solicit. I think they are truly the reason people are disappointed.

LAST REMAINS" ends and will make you look at Spider-Man differently.
    It'll make Peter look at himself differently.

TRANSLATION: Harry blames Peter for his actions in the past like never telling him his father's secret so it's Peter's fault that Norman killed Gwen and continued as the Green Goblin instead of Harry getting him help. You see Spider-Man differently? He messed up and it's his fault too! Peter sees himself differently too because he considers Harry's point, but not really because he doesn't accept it?!

• If you thought the buildup TO Kindred was intense, the fallout FROM Kindred is even more devastating.

TRANSLATION: Kingpin has big bad plans.
    And there still so much to be explained...where did Harry get his supernatural powers for example?

It was good, not what i expected, but is enjoyable.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona