Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Also, hopefully the era ending could be called "Questions" and the next era could be called "Answers", LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Also, hopefully the era ending could be called "Questions" and the next era could be called "Answers", LOL
    but complaints will never go away so does it really matter
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Nice to see a different kind of Peter, so Last Remains does leave its mark on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    As for Aunt May, can she finally pass on already? I know it sounds mean but having Peter actually deal with the death of Aunt May in the PS4 game was a chilling moment that needs to enter into the comics. Peter needs to cut the final chain that locks him into "a promise made by a child" and really let loose against all his foes in a more extreme style.
    Aunt May had been killed off in the past, while it was a touching send off, it didn't improve the later books in any actual manner. They can just as easily have her retire to Florida or wherever if they don't want to write about her.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Aunt May had been killed off in the past, while it was a touching send off, it didn't improve the later books in any actual manner. They can just as easily have her retire to Florida or wherever if they don't want to write about her.
    Aunt May has one role and only one roll in 616: A plot device. Give her Cancer then cure her. Obviously OMD. She reminds me of the soap opera plot device with the baby in peril. Does the baby die? Of course not. Looking at her is like looking at Hello Kitty. Completely boring. I wish they would remove her from the book and do not bring her back unless it is to kill her off to end OMD and ( or) in Amazing 1000.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Aunt May has one role and only one roll in 616: A plot device. Give her Cancer then cure her. Obviously OMD. She reminds me of the soap opera plot device with the baby in peril. Does the baby die? Of course not. Looking at her is like looking at Hello Kitty. Completely boring. I wish they would remove her from the book and do not bring her back unless it is to kill her off to end OMD and ( or) in Amazing 1000.
    That sums up literally all characters in fiction. It's a meaningless insult.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That sums up literally all characters in fiction. It's a meaningless insult.
    That is not true. She has not played a role in pushing Peter and (or) the comic forward in decades. Even a character that I cannot stand like Sponge Bob or Cindy Moon has a purpose beyond simply being a plot device. She is not even a character you can laugh at ( let alone with such as Boomerang). She also stopped being a confidant for Peter. That role belongs to MJ or even Theresa if MJ is not around. If she disappeared from the book she would not be missed in the least.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 01-22-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

That is not true. She has not played a role in pushing Peter and (or) the comic forward in decades. Even a character that I cannot stand like Sponge Bob or Cindy Moon has a purpose beyond simply being a plot device. She is not even a character you can laugh at ( let alone with such as Boomerang). She also stopped being a confidant for Peter. That role belongs to MJ or even Theresa if MJ is not around. If she disappeared from the book she would not be missed in the least.
    So MJ's role is to have Peter whine to her. That's a sad existence. No wonder she wanted to leave.

Aunt May has one role and only one roll in 616: A plot device. Give her Cancer then cure her. Obviously OMD. She reminds me of the soap opera plot device with the baby in peril. Does the baby die? Of course not. Looking at her is like looking at Hello Kitty.
    A global phenomenon that brings in billions of dollars annually? Not sure how that is an insult.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Mighty Member

II would love if if Nick Spencer can give us a interview about this story

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    A global phenomenon that brings in billions of dollars annually? Not sure how that is an insult.
    I have no idea how and why Hello Kitty is successful? Tom ( from Tom and Jerry)? Yes. Cat woman? Yes. Pink Panther? Yes? Lion King? Yes. But Hello Kitty I just do not get.

I have no idea how and why Hello Kitty is successful? Tom ( from Tom and Jerry)? Yes. Cat woman? Yes. Pink Panther? Yes? Lion King? Yes. But Hello Kitty I just do not get.
    cute, pink, chibi = people like it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    cute, pink, chibi = people like it
    I guess it is fair to say I am not the target market for Hello Kitty? I actually had to look up the word chibi

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    That was based on solicits saying issue 58 marks “the end of an era” and the next era of Spencer’s run continues after.

I would take it with a truckload of salt based on solicits so far this run.
    The solicits don’t have a very good track record this far.

Mighty Member

Maybe from the last page in Amazing 57 is May. May died in Amazing 400 not the actress.Them Spider-Mom found the Actress alive and with Spider-man a few years later in spider-man i forgot what issue. From then on to current is the actress.I know that's not going to happen.