Page 187 of 233 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 3488

Will check out Batgirls, while One-Star Squadron is pretty much tailor-made for me.

I see Red Tornado, Power Girl, Plastic Man, a new Flying Fox, Firehawk, Gangbuster, The Folded Man, a different take on Minute Man...who else? Could the robot in the tie be a new take on Bozo the Iron Man? Any thoughts on the guy in the yellow mask/jacket?

EDIT: Oh, holy $#!+! The yellow mask and jacket is the Heckler!! His jacket has the "Ha Ha Ha" from his costume all over it!
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 09-15-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Incredible Member

It's finally nice to have a confirmation on Batgirls, and most of these look ok. But I'm starting to get a little anxious by the lack of updates on either the promised Stargirl or JSA series. Made a little more peeve in my mind with Power Girl being in One-Star Squadron. Now it's not a big deal, as she can easily be in two books especially when one of them is just a miniseries, and a comedic tone can work with her, but I really wish we would get our JSA relaunch proper. But we still have tomorrow and friday for them to announce new things, and some of these were a total surprise, so I'd like to have some hope.

Astonishing Member

You are going to be waiting awhile. All the DC related people that care about Stargirl/JSA are all busy with other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    It's finally nice to have a confirmation on Batgirls, and most of these look ok. But I'm starting to get a little anxious by the lack of updates on either the promised Stargirl or JSA series. Made a little more peeve in my mind with Power Girl being in One-Star Squadron. Now it's not a big deal, as she can easily be in two books especially when one of them is just a miniseries, and a comedic tone can work with her, but I really wish we would get our JSA relaunch proper. But we still have tomorrow and friday for them to announce new things, and some of these were a total surprise, so I'd like to have some hope.
    "Hope" was supposedly returning to DC in DC Universe: Rebirth back in 2016, but . . .

Mighty Member

Asking a JSA book is pretty much a "Simulacra" at this point. I won't be suprised if the Black Adam movie released and yet there is no JSA book announced at all.

Swamp Thing looks good, hard pass at everything else announced.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    "Hope" was supposedly returning to DC in DC Universe: Rebirth back in 2016, but . . .
    Well you can thanks Geoff Johns for that. In this point it's a error for DC to let him write a title JSA with the delay he do for writing a title.

With a other authors we will have already a new title JSA for the months to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Well you can thanks Geoff Johns for that. In this point it's a error for DC to let him write a title JSA with the delay he do for writing a title.

With a other authors we will have already a new title JSA for the months to come.
    Well Geoff Johns is the only one who seems to care for the JSA at DC. If it wasn't for him, the JSA would have been forgotten and thrown in limbo.

One-Star Squadron is now at the top of my pull list.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 09-16-2021 at 02:54 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Your optimism is adorable.
    I got PG back. I'll take it.

I expected Batfam, but I like the the books I've picked up that she edited so I just put something out in the universe. Couldn't hurt. lol
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Well Geoff Johns is the only one who seems to care for the JSA at DC. If it wasn't for him, the JSA would have been forgotten and thrown in limbo.
    Not complety agree. Williamson and Snyder seem care for the JSA.

And, maybe, it's a sign than the JSA need to stop or evolve?

PS : I don't know where to ask this, but what do you think of Marie Javins ?

What do you hear for the editorials by Marie Javins compare to Didio ? Good or Bad ?
    Last edited by Dioman-san; 09-16-2021 at 02:50 AM.

Yeah, Snyder used JSA in his Justice League run and Williamson used them in Infinite Frontier.

They probably shouldn't have done that brief JSA backup in the Stargirl Spring Break Special - we already know that if a JSA book does launch, it'll have a different artist, as the one who did that backup is now on Venom. There's no excuse for Stargirl's solo not being announced already. That doesn't need to wait for the rest of JSA to be available (which they weren't prior to Infinite Frontier #6, which just came out last week).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Not complety agree. Williamson and Snyder seem care for the JSA.

And, maybe, it's a sign than the JSA need to stop or evolve?

PS : I don't know where to ask this, but what do you think of Marie Javins ?

What do you hear for the editorials by Marie Javins compare to Didio ? Good or Bad ?
    They seemed more like background characters in Snyder and Williamson hands, just like they were there and that is all.

Yeah, to me their usage felt more like "some people want to see them so I'll include them" than a genuine desire to use them or write a story for them.

Willamson likes them (or at the very least he likes Jay). He’s a big fan of Johns’ stories so I have no problem believing he’s a genuine JSA fan. But he’s already stretched pretty thin and I can’t see him taking on JSA on top of all that. Snyder doesn’t care about anything outside of Gotham no matter what he claims.

Johns shouldn’t be able to call dibbs on any DC characters or teams anymore though, he’s too flaky and wrapped up in TV work.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/