Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

From Lemire's newsletter:

I’ll definitely post some process art from Doug etc. And this story will also serve as a coda of sorts to my Animal Man run.
    I remember towards the end Lemire introduced character who was watching over red/green/grey and Animal Man was supposed to replace him at some point in the future. I wonder if thats what Lemire is reffering to here?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    From Lemire's newsletter:

I remember towards the end Lemire introduced character who was watching over red/green/grey and Animal Man was supposed to replace him at some point in the future. I wonder if thats what Lemire is reffering to here?
    Makes sense to me since the pitch for this story seems to be that the Green and the Red have decided that humanity’s time is over and have created a Swamp Thing to wipe us out and let new life grow.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Makes sense to me since the pitch for this story seems to be that the Green and the Red have decided that humanity’s time is over and have created a Swamp Thing to wipe us out and let new life grow.
    Well it's about time.

Lemire writes a great Buddy, I'd love for him to make an appearance!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Lemire posted some teasers for Green Hell:

https://jefflemire.substack.com/p/tales-from-the-swamp

Also some details on some of his old ST pitches
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Funny that he had multiple Swamp Thing pitches that never worked out.

Anyway, new issue of Swamp Thing is out and it stays consistent - great art, average writing. I don't really like that we got only two issues left and we still don't have a clear picture on how and why Levi became Swamp Thing. I'm also unsure about so much focus being put on "green is the memory" thing. Red/Rot do not have memory?

At this point S1 is clearly just Levi’s origin. The whole Season is the story of how he becomes the next Swamp Thing. When it comes to the Green Ram has talked about how he doesn’t like there being a clearly defined and catalogued way of how the Green works. He talks about this in his newsletters, he thinks doing that robs the Green of a lot of its mystery and ephemeral nature. I thought the current issue was another great issue, surprised me he spared Peacemaker. Wonder how that’s going to impact Suicide Squad. His brother is clearly going to be the “Floronic Man” equivalent for Levi.

I guess my issue is not with Green being well defined or not, but whats the difference between Green, Red, Rot, Machines and what else? This memories thing sounds very generic that could fit into any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At this point S1 is clearly just Levi’s origin. The whole Season is the story of how he becomes the next Swamp Thing. When it comes to the Green Ram has talked about how he doesn’t like there being a clearly defined and catalogued way of how the Green works. He talks about this in his newsletters, he thinks doing that robs the Green of a lot of its mystery and ephemeral nature. I thought the current issue was another great issue, surprised me he spared Peacemaker. Wonder how that’s going to impact Suicide Squad. His brother is clearly going to be the “Floronic Man” equivalent for Levi.
    I thought that his brother’s appearance was awesome, he has the look for a great villain.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I guess my issue is not with Green being well defined or not, but whats the difference between Green, Red, Rot, Machines and what else? This memories thing sounds very generic that could fit into any of them.
    Agree that they should be differentiated more, I dislike all of them being called “Parliaments”. Why not some calling themselves Congress or Congregation or whatever, but that’s not Ram V’s focus. Here he’s only concerned with the Green itself, not how it’s similar or different to the others. Perhaps that will be explored in S2.

So Joseph Prescott is an old Alec Swamp Thing villain I presume, meaning that this new guy Harper Pilgrim is related still to Alec in some way?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Can't keep a good Swampie down .

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Extraordinary Member

The Swamp Thing #11 Covers