Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Nobody gonna remark on the finger tattoos? Really?

6F631CF8-9C4F-48C4-9678-D0D0C69CA8C9.jpg

Imma remember them when people look back and say they liked kitty here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    They're fuckin' ballin' just like her, bruh!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Love the finger tats. I even like Pyro's face tat...it gave me "day of the dead" scaryness.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post

6F631CF8-9C4F-48C4-9678-D0D0C69CA8C9.jpg

Imma remember them when people look back and say they liked kitty here.
    Not as bad as when Colossus got Kitty’s name in a heart tattood on his chest.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Not as bad as when Colossus got Kitty’s name in a heart tattood on his chest.
    I would agree (though people misremember the actual tattoo versus the ink mutant vision tattoo, which was much larger and pretty much fully covering). But that is my exact point, actually: bad tattoos end up getting ignored by canon later on (like Piotr’s was). Definitely not smart to gloss over awful things like that just to have them keep happening.

I'm not really qualified enough to comment on Kitty getting tattoos as a practicing Jew. But I like them for her as a practicing pirate.

BANNED

Kitty and Pyro are almost certainly going to die at one point to reset their inkless bodies. In fact, she might subconsciously be inviting it as an alternate way to get into Krakoa.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Kitty and Pyro are almost certainly going to die at one point to reset their inkless bodies. In fact, she might subconsciously be inviting it as an alternate way to get into Krakoa.
    She can remove the ink from her hands by letting it phase through her skin. She's having a moment, just let her be bad.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    She can remove the ink from her hands by letting it phase through her skin. She's having a moment, just let her be bad.
    That’s akin to saying she could phase out any poisons or toxins in her body at any time to get rid of them.

That is not how tattooing works. That’s not how any of this works.

Also not so sure she would be inviting death to get to Krakoa—if she can’t go through the portals there is no real guarantee she could be revived inside of it, and if Krakoa interferes with the ressurection process to prevent it, it’s unlikely that they would risk the five by having them go outside Krakoa to revive her. She might just end up dead-dead.

Firstly, I love Captain Kate.
    I love so much about what Marauders is claiming to be.
    I like angry Kate.
    I like Emma's idealism. (What about her 'dream'?)

Really, these things I like and love I'd like to like and love. But I don't. And I do. And that's this comic. And that and this comic is so much this comic book moment. For me.

I'm a big Kitty Pryde fan. But I would never ever and especially not recently look behind me or gather evidence to explain or prove why or how or who?

You know?

Okay so, with that, and I hope it's okay (hello) to share this here and discuss this with Kitty's fans

Um why is Kitty an alcoholic in Marauders and acting like an alcoholic in Excalibur?

Jack Sparrow is a Disney property already. And that...well, okay, furthermore:

I love that Kate is not Betsy, but she's in a book with Storm and they're both acting like agro women written by men.

I don't like that.

Yet, I'm a big fan of agro feminism.
    I love that it's there in the past even if somebody doesn't want to see it and intentionally didn't write it, and readers didn't read it. And yet, the X-Men really have a lot of reasons for trying harder and working better than this. You can't simply, you shouldn't just...Hellfire especially! And if you go and make it the centerpiece and do it with unearned good humor...it really can be, fishy. And pirate (black skull facing Pyro) in the worst of ways.

I celebrate the re-purposing and/or retelling of iconic American Pop Art (especially medaled era mainstream comics, all of them) I believe this Kitty, here, should take her script to the main office and glare at everybody for a few minutes with her band aid and tattooed fist, and smile and say -

READ MY FIST! With that script in her hand...

Quick glance at Bobby and if you get the queasy feeling of how quickly comics make commodities of identity and you feel like there's a lot of pressure to swallow it all and fit in the elastic jeans, maybe rent a pair...damn, yea yea it's me right?

I don't drink alcohol or sail the open ocean. I do have a nervous tummy. And I do get sick on amusement rides.

Maybe Deadpool, I mean Pirates of the Caribbean...damn it, maybe Disney...I mean Duggan...isn't for...me.

But my problem is I like the comic a lot lots of the time so it's almost like being in an abusive cruise ship I mean, battleship, I mean shipping ship, I mean...um, relation-ship...with mostly myself...really, a rowboat...with an outboard I can't control, and useless little oars.

What am I to do?

Am I alone in this feeling?

It's sad when we know what this sort of post-fraternity binge drinking culture looks like on the Supreme Court...and then...keg standing makes for an impatient jury.

Couldn't we be more careful buying into the mentality and juvenility of you gotta play the game or be a game piece to be a person?

If the creative team is going there I just feel like that they should earn it and sure as hell should be responsible entirely for being there.

I do love the art too. So many problems.
    Last edited by sungila; 11-21-2019 at 12:58 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    The tattoo is a permanent scar on her body. She cant phase it off. Its either going to be removed by

A. Death. As mentioned, a new body wouldnt have it
    B. Healed. Its a scar so any healer should be able to remove it
    C. Ignored. Future artists may just stop drawing it as they did with Havok's scar or Colossus tattoo

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I'm not a tattoo guy but why are folks acting like Kate's tattoos and even Pyro's tattoos are a death sentence? They look nice on them and doesn't distract from the characters.
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    I'm not a tattoo guy but why are folks acting like Kate's tattoos and even Pyro's tattoos are a death sentence? They look nice on them and doesn't distract from the characters.
    I love how Captain Kate has fully embraced her pirate side and dressed like a pirate for the Hellfire Club meeting, that's the best!

Emma is probably so proud of her little girl, all grown up, and ready for adult corruption and decadence!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The tattoo is a permanent scar on her body. She cant phase it off. Its either going to be removed by

C. Ignored. Future artists may just stop drawing it as they did with Havok's scar or Colossus tattoo
    D. laser treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Do Kitty fans like her new direction in maruaders?
    I'm not a Kitty fan (not a hater either) but so far, I really, really love that direction for her. She's been pure enjoyment to read with those 2 issues of Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

They didn't stop drawing Havok's scar - it got cured in X-Men Blue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman