Page 624 of 662 FirstFirst ... 124524574614620621622623624625626627628634 ... LastLast
Results 9,346 to 9,360 of 9921

Coates once again portrayed Storm very well in the most recent BP issue. I like how he captures her personality, especially when portraying her witty/comical side. She's both wise and playful. I like how her presence allows T'Challa to be vulnerable and therefore honest. I also like how T'Challa confides in her. She is his rock and helps to keep him true to himself.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you my friend are a goddess!! you always speak the truth and I love you for it!!
    Lol you a mess! I hope you don't feel pressured to agree with me. You know we take a different stance in regards to her bisexuality. I like the thought of it, but I also can't dismiss you points. I can read all the subtext I want into Claremont's hot tub tentacle scene. (I personally believe Ororo was getting her p-word massaged. That's just me.) At the same time, we don't have definitive proof that she's attracted to women. Sometimes I feel your points about Yukio are off, but I can't outright dismiss them. See what I did there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I need a dead horse getting beat gif.
    Lmao I love you. I try to connect it all back to Storm where I can. No one is required to love Coates because I do tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Coates once again portrayed Storm very well in the most recent BP issue. I like how he captures her personality, especially when portraying her witty/comical side. She's both wise and playful. I like how her presence allows T'Challa to be vulnerable and therefore honest. I also like how T'Challa confides in her. She is his rock and helps to keep him true to himself.
    This post here! Your last line speaks to my love of their relationship. Every writer that used his solo to show their deep connection has made a point to show just how she polishes and shines his most promising attributes while smoothing out his hard edges. It's a dynamic I really enjoy. I'm in complete agreement.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Co-sign to all of this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Sometimes I feel your points about Yukio are off.
    Sometimes I hate you guys. :-)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I agree. I think there are many factors that could go into any comic book fight that could determine the winner. I'm also not well versed on the Silver Surfer. I also agree that speed and durability would definitely come into play, as well as overall strength, in not only a battle against the Silver Silver but any other formidable foe. But I guess anyone with some a high level of mind, body, or reality control could defeat most characters, including overpowered ones.

So, could't someone like Kitty Pryde reach into a person's body and, let's say, stop their heart or damage their brain? I would say most definitely. In this sense, she could take could defeat most foes, if she could get close enough to touch them and also survive being so close.

My point is that, with these characters, if their powers are taken to their logical limit, the possibilities of what they could do is pretty wide open.
    I mean every character can be countered by another character. I mean Kitty can beat a lot of people. But there are people who can completely negate her phasing powers. And just knock her ass out. LOL.

As for Storm yes, I agree. Storm vs Silver Surfer is going to need a LOT of context and good writing for this fight to work. The setting does matter. And we need NO bias from the writer. He must be very knowledgeable about both.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    The Shade Queen:
    ShadyKyss

who summons me?????
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

this is what I saw too and loved!!! it was absolutely beautiful. thank you for articulating it as you did .

Lol you a mess! I hope you don't feel pressured to agree with me. You know we take a different stance in regards to her bisexuality. I like the thought of it, but I also can't dismiss you points. I can read all the subtext I want into Claremont's hot tub tentacle scene. (I personally believe Ororo was getting her p-word massaged. That's just me.) At the same time, we don't have definitive proof that she's attracted to women. Sometimes I feel your points about Yukio are off, but I can't outright dismiss them. See what I did there?

Lmao I love you. I try to connect it all back to Storm where I can. No one is required to love Coates because I do tho.

This post here! Your last line speaks to my love of their relationship. Every writer that used his solo to show their deep connection has made a point to show just how she polishes and shines his most promising attributes while smoothing out his hard edges. It's a dynamic I really enjoy. I'm in complete agreement.

oooh bish yes i caught what you did there lolololol. Issa whole mess lolololol.

I love u more!!

I mean every character can be countered by another character. I mean Kitty can beat a lot of people. But there are people who can completely negate her phasing powers. And just knock her ass out. LOL.

As for Storm yes, I agree. Storm vs Silver Surfer is going to need a LOT of context and good writing for this fight to work. The setting does matter. And we need NO bias from the writer. He must be very knowledgeable about both.
    you never answered my question. did you consider goddess storm as brought to us by coates and not jobber storm as brought to us by duggan? she who gets dropped kicked in less than a conscious thought and in a blink of an eye?

also how do you think she could be silver surfer?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

What? I like Yukio. And it’s obvious T’Challa has thought about them both. It ain’t no fun if the homie can’t have none. I would scream if he took them both out for a night on the town. Imagine the nerd rage... I can just see it now. Wait until he makes them both orgasm multiple times. The forums would explode! I’m tf here for it.

BANNED

What? I like Yukio. And it’s obvious T’Challa has thought about them both. It ain’t no fun if the homie can’t have none. I would scream if he took them both out for a night on the town. Imagine the nerd rage... I can just see it now. Wait until he makes them both orgasm multiple times. The forums would explode! I’m tf here for it.
    I don’t want Storm with neither of them, but whatever. That’s just my opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is what I saw too and loved!!! it was absolutely beautiful. thank you for articulating it as you did .

oooh bish yes i caught what you did there lolololol. Issa whole mess lolololol.

I love u more!!

you never answered my question. did you consider goddess storm as brought to us by coates and not jobber storm as brought to us by duggan? she who gets dropped kicked in less than a conscious thought and in a blink of an eye?

also how do you think she could be silver surfer?
    First off shut ya mouth about Duggan. Because I remember when Coates first wrote Storm he jobbed the mess out of Storm too. Oh I haven’t forgotten that. He had her get knocked in the back of the head and then blasted by two people while T’Challa, Misty Knight and Luck Cage saved the day.
    Black Panther (2016) issue #7
    Attachment 90046
    Attachment 90047

And here’s the worst part!!! In Black Panther and the Crew Issue #1. He actually allowed Storm to be harmed by pathetic tasers. The very same damn argument we have all made that Storm is immune too. But stinky Coates makes her scream “AHHH!” What???!!! She is immune did Coates not read her Solo???? I don’t like that.
    Attachment 90048

The only good thing he’s done is made Storm a God. Other than that. He’s Jobbed Storm too. So, hush that mouth ShadyKyss. Coates has his fair share of Jobbing Storm.

He can kiss my left butt check for now UNTIL he does some more Goddess Storm. Which by the way I’m still waiting for him to do cool things with. But he’s taking WAY too long and I’m starting to get uninterested in his writing of Storm. I will say he has her voice down packed, but he’s boring with her.

As for Duggan yeah he made Storm get kicked in the guts I don’t like that. But he’s about to make up for that foolishness because he told me Storm steals issue 4 of Marauders and per his interview he said that Storm will be doing cool things in 4&5. So I do t wanna her that **** SHADYKYSS!!!!!!!!

To your other question:

In Space Storm can beat SS. She just needs to be very creative. Manipulate Radiation and use her Solar Winds. Grab energy from Stars and planets and just bombard him with attacks. Her only problem is can she react to him and tank a punch from him or a blast if SS was serious.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 12-07-2019 at 09:39 AM.

I don’t want Storm with neither of them, but whatever. That’s just my opinion on the matter.

First off shut ya mouth about Duggan. Because I remember when Coates first wrote Storm he jobbed the mess out of Storm too. Oh I haven’t forgotten that. He had her get knocked in the back of the head and then blasted by two people while T’Challa, Misty Knight and Luck Cage saved the day.
    Black Panther (2016) issue #7
    Attachment 90046
    Attachment 90047

And here’s the worst part!!! In Black Panther and the Crew Issue #1. He actually allowed Storm to be harmed by pathetic tasers. The very same damn argument we have all made that Storm is immune too. But stinky Coates makes scream “AHHH!” I don’t like that.
    Attachment 90048

The only good thing he’s done is made Storm a God. Other than that. He’s Jobbed Storm too. So, hush that mouth ShadyKyss. Coates has his fair share of Jobbing Storm.

He can kiss my left butt check for now UNTIL he does some more Goddess Storm. Which by the way I’m still wait for him to do cool things with. But he’s taking WAY too long and I’m starting to get uninterested in his writing of Storm.

As for Duggan yeah he made Storm get kicked in the guts I don’t like that. But he’s about to make up for that foolishness because he told me Storm steals issue 4 of Marauders and per his interview he said that Storm will be doing cool things in 4&5. So I do t wanna her that **** SHADYKYSS!!!!!!!!

To your other question:

In Space Storm can beat SS. She just needs to be very creative. Manipulate Radiation and use her Solar Winds. Grab energy from Stars and planets and just bombard him with attacks. Her only problem is can she react to him and tank a punch from him or a blast if SS was serious.

Yes, I remember that issue you're referencing about Coates. Except for that BS with Storm, which I totally agree with you there, I liked the issue. The best part was the exchange between Misty and Luke. I think he gets their voices and wish he was able to continue with BP and the Crew. I love the idea of an all-black/African superhero team who focus on issues of the black community. Hudlin wrote a nice one-shot with popular African/Black male superheroes (BP, Cage, Blade, etc.) helping out in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. We do not get enough of those kind of issues, and I love when a writer pens them.

But Coates did have T'Challa play the gentleman and help Ororo to her feet after she really did next to nothing of import in that issue.

As for a Silver Surfer vs. Storm battle, yeah, I have no clue, especially since we don't know what in the hell it means for her to be a god. I do think it would be nice if writers started having Storm use some kind of forcefield. It makes total sense that she could form one and use it to protect her human-level body.

And Shadykiss?? You guys are a mess--but in the best possible way, of course.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 12-07-2019 at 09:45 AM.

BANNED

Yes, I remember that issue you're referencing about Coates. Except for that BS with Storm, which I totally agree with you there, I liked the issue. The best part was the exchange between Misty and Luke. I think he gets their voices and wish he was able to continue with BP and the Crew. I love the idea of an all-black/African superhero team who focus on issues of the black community. Hudlin wrote a nice one-shot with popular African/Black male superheroes (BP, Cage, Blade, etc.) helping out in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. We do not get enough of those kind of issues, and I love when a writer pens them.

But Coates did have T'Challa play the gentleman and help Ororo to her feet after she really did next to nothing of import in that issue.

As for a Silver Surfer vs. Storm battle, yeah, I have no clue, especially since we don't know what in the hell it means for her to be a god. I do think it would be nice if writers started having Storm use some kind of forcefield. It makes total sense that she could form one and use it to protect her human-level body.

And Shadykiss?? You guys are a mess--but in the best possible way, of course.
    Yeah, I agree. We need more Stories of Storm going around the world helping people. Her solo of her doing that was nice.

Don’t you Dare Guilty Pleasure not on my watch!!! Lol.
    Yes, that’s nice goody twoshoesChalla helped Storm to her feet yes, what a nice man. But this is about Storm coming to help and does nothing but get knocked out the fight. -_- that’s just as bad as what Duggan did by letting Storm get kicked in them guts lol.

But Coates did make up for that foolishness. And Duggan will too. So, I don’t wanna hear it GP!!! Nope. Watch a mouth.

Honestly, the easiest answer for her defense is this. If Storm is that much connected to the weather and life and planets blah blah. I don’t see why the elements don’t come and protect her automatically. We’ve seen it happen before so let it be. Let the winds or lightning form some barricades that stops people from punching her. I don’t know. But only problem is Surfer Speed that Dude is extremely fast and can do A LOT of ****. **** I don’t think Storm can handle. But if Coates just gives us a Better display of Goddess Storm YES she will be able to mop the floor with him depending on what Coates does with Goddess Storm.

I’m not purposely insulting you or Kyss. This is my twisted way of having fun honestly. Me and Kyss call each other terrible names but it’s funny. I don’t do it to any of you guys because I’m not sure if y’all get offended.

But I didn't do anything!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    But I didn't do anything!
    I’m joking. Just play along damn it!!!

I’m not purposely insulting you or Kyss. This is my twisted way of having fun honestly. Me and Kyss call each other terrible names but it’s funny. I don’t do it to any of you guys because I’m not sure if y’all get offended.
    Oh, I know. You two crack me up. And yes, T'Challa was being on his best behavior, especially after Storm got knocked on her ass. In all fairness to Coates, the guy who clocked her was a speedster in a small space. He punched them all more than a few good times. But, yeah, T'Challa helped up his ex. He better have. That was when he was working to get himself back into Ororo's good graces and, clears throat, bed.

Yes, I also want to see Storm use forcefields. I don't know about the elements coming to her defense without her calling them. That makes the elements sentient, in a way. But Storm should be able to create a protective shield. It makes sense, IMO.

At this point, I don't know if or when Coates will elaborate on what it means for Ororo to be a goddess. So, part one was that a writer wrote her as having god powers that comes from within (her genetic legacy). Part two would be for her godhood to be defined/explained. The third part would be for X-writers and other writers to acknowledge her godhood and show it in stories.

What do you think the chance of parts 2 and 3 happening?

BANNED

Oh, I know. You two crack me up. And yes, T'Challa was being on his best behavior, especially after Storm got knocked on her ass. In all fairness to Coates, the guy who clocked her was a speedster in a small space. He punched them all more than a few good times. But, yeah, T'Challa helped up his ex. He better have. That was when he was working to get himself back into Ororo's good graces and, clears throat, bed.

Yes, I also want to see Storm use forcefields. I don't know about the elements coming to her defense without her calling them. That makes the elements sentient, in a way. But Storm should be able to create a protective shield. It makes sense, IMO.

At this point, I don't know if or when Coates will elaborate on what it means for Ororo to be a goddess. So, part one was that a writer wrote her as having god powers that comes from within (her genetic legacy). Part two would be for her godhood to be defined/explained. The third part would be for X-writers and other writers to acknowledge her godhood and show it in stories.

What do you think the chance of parts 2 and 3 happening?
    NO EXCUSE!!! GP Coates HAS None!!
    **** Duggan has NO EXCUSE either.
    But he made up for up. Still not happy tho, by whatever I’m crazy.

I guess what I meant is more instinctive. You remember when Emma had Storms powers and in instinct the winds snatched her away from the car explosion. The Same should apply here don’t ya think. On instinct the winds should come around her as shield. Honestly, Storm should be able to counter speedsters all the time with her Energy sight. But whatever....

I have no cotton picking idea what that Coates man is doing. I just hope he says something about soon. That’s too much of a Nuclear Bomb to be dropped and then not say **** about for the rest of the arc.....then why bring up