Page 240 of 270 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did they though? Like it already seems like he's off doing his own thing again.
    When, he was full team afterwards?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I think that may be @CrowSizna . Very talented artist, does quite a bit of NSFW stuff, so if that's not your cup of tea be careful of checking their other stuff
    That's the one! Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When, he was full team afterwards?
    There was that one scene of him and Tigress fighting crime I guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was that one scene of him and Tigress fighting crime I guess.
    I meant after roy talked to him, he was full time leading and training the new recruits. He returned to the team and then the league as well. His commitment issues were resolved where we left off

I meant after roy talked to him, he was full time leading and training the new recruits. He returned to the team and then the league as well. His commitment issues were resolved where we left off
    I got the sense he left the Team again to start doing his own thing again off-screen.

Astonishing Member

If people were wondering, Dick isn't in this week's TTA - although it's clarified, in what came off to me as a slightly sulky "we've been asked to step back and let another book lead with this kind of thing" way, that he and Kory aren't together.

Plenty of Nightwing in the 'Tec annual, though - nothing groundbreaking, but sets the stage for the upcoming weekly story nicely.

Dick also appeared in Scarecrow's story from the Gotham City Villains Anniversary. Probably due to Titans synergy but it continued the theme of Dick being fearless Lobdell used during the Ric arc. The story ended a bit abruptly.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    If people were wondering, Dick isn't in this week's TTA - although it's clarified, in what came off to me as a slightly sulky "we've been asked to step back and let another book lead with this kind of thing" way, that he and Kory aren't together.

Plenty of Nightwing in the 'Tec annual, though - nothing groundbreaking, but sets the stage for the upcoming weekly story nicely.
    So, only stepping back from the relationship stuff? Not from doing sth with Dick's character in general?

It was quite nice to see Bruce and Dick working together. I was very glad that there was no betrayal of trust shoehorned in (When Dick tells Bruce not to catch him until he says so, I was half expecting Bruce not to listen.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post

I bet tim is glad to be off the book

that character who said "Why do I feel like the place isnt gonna be around much longer" already one foot in the grave, no writer likes being told they cant do what they want. Then you force someone who doesn't care and they write book to DC parameters but with no love, sales dwindle and the book is canceled and rebooted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    So, only stepping back from the relationship stuff? Not from doing sth with Dick's character in general?
    Oh, yeah, it ends with someone going to fetch Dick to be involved - it's just a walkback on the relationship thing.

(To be honest, and this might be me projecting my favouritism onto Sheridan, I think the main reason wasn't there is... the Titans got pretty jobbed in this issue - don't mind it, you're building up a villain, it happens. But Dick being away means you don't have to show him going down as easy too.)

It was quite nice to see Bruce and Dick working together. I was very glad that there was no betrayal of trust shoehorned in (When Dick tells Bruce not to catch him until he says so, I was half expecting Bruce not to listen.)
    I thought the same thing! Was very glad it wasn't "Bruce vs Dick" so much as "Bruce and Dick have a conversation about a mild disagreement".

Whereas I enjoyed the Nightwing annual a lot - but I'm starting to wonder if Taylor actually likes Batman. I don't mind him confronting pretty head-on that Bruce didn't always treat Dick well, but he's keeping him off-screen as much as possible building up Dick's independent connections to other member's of the family. Even when they met in Fear State and were on good terms, it was a slightly terse conversation.

that character who said "Why do I feel like the place isnt gonna be around much longer" already one foot in the grave, no writer likes being told they cant do what they want. Then you force someone who doesn't care and they write book to DC parameters but with no love, sales dwindle and the book is canceled and rebooted.
    Yeah, feels a bit like Sheridan was brought in to be one of the movers and shakers of 5G - then when that didn't happen, he was handed the keys to the Titans and Shazam franchises, and then the box he's been allowed to work in has got smaller and smaller. There's been a sense on Twitter that he's proud of the book, but hasn't necessarily hugely enjoyed the experience or thought it's had the support it should have.

I've been quite enjoying it, tbh, but it's pretty non-essential. Hurt by the delays, of course.

Doesn't help that TTA sucks.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Doesn't help that TTA sucks.
    well yeah but its becasue of him

The TTA issue did that typical Bludhaven excuse that shows how awful Bludhaven is for Dick. Basically where the writer uses Bludahven as an excuse to write out Dick's character from the story. Because for some reason Dick is the only character in the DCU that is incapable of being in two places at once. Batman or a Superman can be everywhere in multiple books, but Dick isn't allowed to and they just use a Bludhaven as the reason over and over.

All-New Member

Without Bludhaven they just would have come up with a different excuse.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The TTA issue did that typical Bludhaven excuse that shows how awful Bludhaven is for Dick. Basically where the writer uses Bludahven as an excuse to write out Dick's character from the story. Because for some reason Dick is the only character in the DCU that is incapable of being in two places at once. Batman or a Superman can be everywhere in multiple books, but Dick isn't allowed to and they just use a Bludhaven as the reason over and over.
    Yes and it saved him from being apart of that messy issue. But dont worry next month he will return to TTA to be outsmarted, outfought and outmaneuvered by the god entity that is Red X. You would rather he be apart of that full time then in his solo in bludhaven and apart of Gothamverse storylines? Dick was in two places at once plenty of times, during Titans rebirth, or for mission with batman while his bludhaven stories continued. until he was shot. The writer is choosing for him to not be here at this moment. We will see continue to operate in two places at once with the remainder of TTA while he is apart of the shadow of the bat event and his solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I know you hate Bludhaven, but that's a reach, dude.
    How is Bludhaven's fault that Sheridan didn't want him in the book? Also, him not being in the TTA is a plus to me.

Another piece of Nightwing art by Dan Mora.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batgirls #1 Glass Cabinet Hobbies Retailer Exclusive Variant by Dan Mora

Last edited by Drako; 11-30-2021 at 04:21 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.