Page 927 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 427827877917923924925926927928929930931937977 ... LastLast
Results 13,891 to 13,905 of 15079

People, we gotta get Shuri out of Wakanda. Even if they make Shuri evil, she will still be an evil genius/mystic worshipping another god/goddess. Heck that's what Madam Macabre is for.

She needs to be somewhere else where she can get more development and not waiting for the next tragedy to strike so that she can become the next BP.

If she has to stay in the BP book, let her renounce her Wakandan birthright and go hang with Ayo and Aneka and she can help them build their new country -Nomansland.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I like that second idea a lot. What God does the crocodile cult worship? Shuri is only half wakandan anyway so it can be easily explained that she doesn't have a devout loyalty to Bast.
    Sobek, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Sobek, probably.
    *Does a quick wiki search*
    Sobek (also called Sebek) was an ancient Egyptian deity with a complex and elastic history and nature. He is associated with the Nile crocodile or the West African crocodile and is represented either in its form or as a human with a crocodile head.

Perfect fit

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Speaking of Shuri.

Both Ant Man 3 and The Marvels (Captain Marvel 2) have finished filming. Both 2023 films. BPWF still held up to film Shuri scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Only way I can see her turning villain in the post SW landscape is if she left Wakanda to seek more power to better protect Wakanda and ended up getting seduced by another (evil) God or got herself into some sort of dark magic. But, I honestly don't like that because what ends up happening is... T'challa saves the day and she ends up being MORE inadequate and more of a failure. So then you are stuck in the same loop with her again if the goal is to make her a useable side character.

So, imo, the options really are:

- Leaves, seeks a new power, becomes a mage and returns ala Griot but without all the history crap and without just copying KOTD lol. Like, more "real" magic. This at least makes her not "T'challa with boobs" as she has her own code name, own role, own powers. You would spin her off by saying she realized she can't defend Wakanda by just staying in Wakanda like the old kings, she has to take the approach T'challa has taken in this new super hero/villain landscape, and this leads to her "defending Wakanda" by being an active super hero and joining other teams as well.

- She leaves the BP tribe and joins another tribe with another god because she has failed the Panther God and/or the Panther God failed her by always favoring T'challa and not giving her the power she needs to save her country. She becomes the mantle bearer of a new God, which gives her new code name and new costume. And her relationship with T'challa becomes strained because of this... but they are still brother and sister. This is much harder to "spin off" for her but at leats she is different again.

- Like the MA idea... she becomes hyper violent and African Punisher lol. She's depressed as hell, failed at her job, so she will simply murder any Wakandan threat as a coping mechanism.
    All the more reason for her to become the new white wolf. She can protect Wakanda and take her anger out at the same time

Incredible Member

Shuri is fine she doesn't need to turn Evil or be half nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    People, we gotta get Shuri out of Wakanda. Even if they make Shuri evil, she will still be an evil genius/mystic worshipping another god/goddess. Heck that's what Madam Macabre is for.

She needs to be somewhere else where she can get more development and not waiting for the next tragedy to strike so that she can become the next BP.

If she has to stay in the BP book, let her renounce her Wakandan birthright and go hang with Ayo and Aneka and she can help them build their new country -Nomansland.
    Whoa, there’s no need for her to be evil. I say just have her fully embrace the griot thing, remove the necromancy so that kotd won’t be redundant, and give her a solo featuring her fighting African mythical monsters. Bam winning formula without her stepping on T’Challas toes. Besides we already have Jakarra and Hunter for the evil sibling roles. Actually the relationship between the four siblings of T’Chaka is really a compelling concept that needs to be explored more. Surprised no one has done it already.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Whoa, there’s no need for her to be evil. I say just have her fully embrace the griot thing, remove the necromancy so that kotd won’t be redundant, and give her a solo featuring her fighting African mythical monsters. Bam winning formula without her stepping on T’Challas toes. Besides we already have Jakarra and Hunter for the evil sibling roles. Actually the relationship between the four siblings of T’Chaka is really a compelling concept that needs to be explored more. Surprised no one has done it already.
    I agree, her becoming a villain won't solve the problem and would probably make it worse. Do we really want to have an evil genius Shuri as a villain for T'Challa? We thought there were issues before.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I agree, her becoming a villain won't solve the problem and would probably make it worse. Do we really want to have an evil genius Shuri as a villain for T'Challa? We thought there were issues before.
    Again, embrace the Griot concept. Have her be Wakandas resident magic user and make the griot a highly respected position in Wakanda. Then just make her Marvels Nightwing. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Shuri is fine she doesn't need to turn Evil or be half nothing.
    She IS only half wakandan. People just don't talk about it

I wonder if Ridley plans to give TChalla any new abilities or equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I wonder if Ridley plans to give TChalla any new abilities or equipment
    Fingers crossed that he does. Our king is long overdue for something new in his arsenal.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I was gonna say "let’s stop talking about shuri" but for better or worse she’s a part of this franchise. It would be imperative that a writer figure out what to do with her. Preferably without diminishing any aspect of T’Challa. Griot was fine since kotd wasn’t used much other than lectures from the dead and honestly the science thing doesn’t bother me in isolation but dumbing down T’Challa to emphasise it is some writers synergetic go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I was gonna say "let’s stop talking about shuri" but for better or worse she’s a part of this franchise. It would be imperative that a writer figure out what to do with her. Preferably without diminishing any aspect of T’Challa. Griot was fine since kotd wasn’t used much other than lectures from the dead and honestly the science thing doesn’t bother me in isolation but dumbing down T’Challa to emphasise it is some writers synergetic go to.
    A creative way writers can handle the science is to have her and T’Challa banter about scientific issues. Basically have them be the Wakandan version of the science Bros. But nope, it’s always either/or with Black characters.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Fingers crossed that he does. Our king is long overdue for something new in his arsenal.

I live for feats and power ups.