Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I know you are bummed about the voter turnout these last three weeks, Tami, but I enjoyed the League and had fun. I think the turnout was more due to the Holidays distracting people and then dealing with various family issues and the like, not an absent love for the League.

Thought you did a good job running it. Thanks for the hard work.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    I know you are bummed about the voter turnout these last three weeks, Tami, but I enjoyed the League and had fun. I think the turnout was more due to the Holidays distracting people and then dealing with various family issues and the like, not an absent love for the League.

Mm, lost steam post holidays myself. Apologies.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post

Thank you, I really appreciate this. I'm glad you enjoyed it, for me that is the best reward.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I'll have the final tally up tomorrow along with the Rankings and overall winner.

I'm going to ditto Cleric here. Thank you very much for all the work you put in, considering how much RL kept causing you problems I'm particularly thankful you stuck with it too. It had it's high and low points as everything does but overall I enjoyed myself. We'll have to remember to remove troublesome Amalgams and tweak the Drive as well as the other minor issues that came up during this hiatus, however long it may be.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Had the worst luck on internet connections these last couple weeks, as I can only post from work for now and I am away from my desk alot more then usual. I am very sorry for the lack of debate and voting as I was looking forward to it but my timing was way off.

As for running the League I also appreciate the work you have done and thank you for it, as well as the others who help behind the scenes with other things also get my thanks. I am not burned out about the League or anything, its just something that happens this late in the League. I am still looking forward to the next League and will participate in or maybe set up a small Tournament or challenge bracket style thing sometime inbetween ti keep the juices flowing

Thank you Darth, Dalak.

As for a next League, due to my own Real Life issues, the absolute earliest I can be available to even begin setting one up is April or May. Even then, I won't know for sure until the time comes.

Until then, I offer the following suggestions to all those interested:
    • Use the time to focus on the Wiki Lists. Hash out what is added, and work out fixing any issues with it
    • Use this time to focus on any other issues that you may have and hash them out as well
    • Use this Discussion Thread to Register for the next one. It would be useful to see how many people might actually be interested in it ahead of time
    • Anyone who wants to do Exhibition or short tournaments are welcome to do so. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. But if you are not sure, clear it with Guy1 first
    • Finally, if there is anyone who is interested in taking a try at GMing a League, and has enough experience to do so, speak up. A fresh take on the League could make it interesting.

Final Ranking of this League

Player - Ranking
    1. Dalak - 1
    2. Cleric of Hell's Brigade - 2
    3. Darth Drizzle - 3
    4. Estrecca - 4
    5. Tami - 4
    6. The MunchKING - 5
    7. Sharkerbob/Bobisbeast - 6
    8. Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh 7

Well, after the beginning of this season I really didn't expect to win, but apparently I am again after a few Voids/similar. While nice it's also a bit of a let down since Darth, Cth, or Bob could have had a big affect on someone else being a winner.

Thanks all of you for the debates and the challenging teams thought up! There was no 'easy strat' this go around and it was fun to try and come up with new and inventive ways to use the same old stuff.

Eh, I probably should have purchased items/characters.

As it stands though, I ran into the same issue(s) I run into everytime I join. Which is neither here nor there, but hey. It's always fun Frankenstein-ing a comp
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Eh, I probably should have purchased items/characters.

As it stands though, I ran into the same issue(s) I run into everytime I join. Which is neither here nor there, but hey. It's always fun Frankenstein-ing a comp
    It's not whether you win or lose, it's how much you enjoy the game. So, I hope you had fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's not whether you win or lose, it's how much you enjoy the game. So, I hope you had fun with it.
    Sure did ... well, at least when I bothered to vomit out a sub-par strat :P

Arx Inosaan

Mighty Member

Beyond leaving the league in fallow, which is something that should absolutely be done for a decent while yet, I have been thinking that maybe we should consider making new draft lists in future editions, since our current ones have grown unwieldy beyond what any amount of patchwork can correct.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Beyond leaving the league in fallow, which is something that should absolutely be done for a decent while yet, I have been thinking that maiybe we should consider making new draft lists in future editions, since our current ones have grown unwieldy beyond what any amount of patchwork can correct.
    I believe I made that suggestion but was shot down pretty hard it would take a lot to redo the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Beyond leaving the league in fallow, which is something that should absolutely be done for a decent while yet, I have been thinking that maybe we should consider making new draft lists in future editions, since our current ones have grown unwieldy beyond what any amount of patchwork can correct.
    Not against it, just not sure about this. Are you looking to redo the existing Wiki Lists? Or just fix them? Or something else?