Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yeah I was actually thinking July would be a match for one a new artist is debuting on Hickman's X-Men. I was thinking of Sara Pichelli initially due to her being part of the art team of June's Gala issue, but JR Jr would also fit the bill.
    That is a huge possibility, jr Jr ebing the new artist on X-men book.

I was so happy that DC took hi, his artwork hasn't been good for some time.

Fantastic Member

Not huge on JRJR. Same set of features & expressions for every character.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Please explain.
    He has not been an A list talent for decades. Marvel and DC love him because he is fast and dependable. His art used to have some depth and detail, but he traded that in for speed a long time ago and his art just looks like a sloppy mess most of the time these days. You look at his early X-Men or Spider Man stuff and then look at anything he has done in the last 20 years and you can hardly believe it is the same artist. Most artists get better with age or at least should he did the opposite. His art is just ugly to look at these days.

I enjoy Romita, but his recent work hasn't been the best, so I'm not sure if this as big a get back for Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Not interested but there's plenty of books they could stick him on without being a problem for me lol.

I'll drop X-Men if he's the artist, probably.
    I’m love/hate with JRJr for whatever reasons. Sometimes I think his art looks terrible, but then other times I find it comforting. At the very least it’s a highly identifiable style.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Romita Jr back at Marvel... ugh, the dude's a has-been. Hated his work on Bendis's Action Comics.
    I like a lot of things he's done, and that picture seems pretty cool, but he really hasn't been on the top of his game for a long time. I don't think he did anything noteworthy while at DC, but I really haven't been reading most of the current Marvel and DC material, especially if he's teamed up with Bendis, so I might have missed something. Of course, I'm curious to see what they'll do with him, not that I plan on reading it.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    he's inked by the otherwise great Klaus Janson, his art has an unfinished, sketchy look that makes it quite unappealing to me.
    I adore Romita/Janson team-ups. I used to buy Thor purely to see their art.

Ultimate Member

JRJR just belongs at Marvel.
    This.

His style (while not to everyone’s taste) just fits Marvel.

I’m glad he’s back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I like a lot of things he's done, and that picture seems pretty cool, but he really hasn't been on the top of his game for a long time. I don't think he did anything noteworthy while at DC, but I really haven't been reading most of the current Marvel and DC material, especially if he's teamed up with Bendis, so I might have missed something. Of course, I'm curious to see what they'll do with him, not that I plan on reading it.

Peace
    Like I said, he was on Action Comics - and apparently he did some Superman in New 52 as well?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Like I said, he was on Action Comics - and apparently he did some Superman in New 52 as well?
    And he co-created The Silencer, I believe.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I adore Romita/Janson team-ups. I used to buy Thor purely to see their art.
    I liked them together when John used to do full pencils and his art was very detailed, and I generally like Janson both as a penciller and as an inker. But lately (and also on Thor as he was pulling double-duty on that plus Spider-Man) Romita's art seems too sketchy and unfinished and I don't think Janson's inks help with that look. Compare Action Comics with Janson's inks with Superman Year One with Danny Miki, it's like looking at a different artist.

Amazing Member

wow. the same ugly moai faces, that same punch-to-the-face action sequence, lines lines straight lines and those unnecessary lines...

is marvel's lack of good artist really that bad these days???

lol2.jpg

lol.jpg

... cant wait to see leg day heroes again
    Last edited by arveg2; 03-31-2021 at 03:00 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Romita Jr back at Marvel... ugh, the dude's a has-been. Hated his work on Bendis's Action Comics.
    Rude.

I think he just doesn't like Bendis cuz his Superman Year One with Frank Miller was bad ass.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    He has not been an A list talent for decades. Marvel and DC love him because he is fast and dependable. His art used to have some depth and detail, but he traded that in for speed a long time ago and his art just looks like a sloppy mess most of the time these days. You look at his early X-Men or Spider Man stuff and then look at anything he has done in the last 20 years and you can hardly believe it is the same artist. Most artists get better with age or at least should he did the opposite. His art is just ugly to look at these days.
    This times 1000

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

JRJR just belongs at Marvel.
    Hell yeah baybee, I cannot wait to see him; I hope he is on that rumored new X-Title