Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Kyle Rayner.

Wait. Is this a McFarlane figure that's actually...smiling? You could literally knock me over with a feather right now.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Kyle looks fantastic!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member

If the comic book figures sell better than the movie ones that makes DC beating them just as strange, DC's overcommitment to Batman is always listed as a flaw. Marvel doesn't focus on any 1 character the way DC does, multiple lines of plenty of different Marvel characters lost to a line that's a vast majority of Batman and Batman characters. That's a little surprising to me. So much for all the Batman and Joker pegwarming comments. Not that that doesn't happen but it isn't hindering the line's sales.

The only thing McFarlane enjoys more than Batman is being edgy. At least this wave is also going to have a Kyle Rayner and Firestorm, although just as with the Shazam one we get the edgelord version of him before we get an actual version.
    I straight up triple dog dare Todd to put out a Captain Carrot figure. Not a zombie version. Not a Death Metal version. Not an Injustice or Arkham version. Just a straight...
    Captain.

Freakin.'

Carrot.

I'll pass on these. I think McFarlane just loves doing variant figures way too much.

Did anyone see this vid from last year.

Mattel DC Figures vs McFarlane DC Figures: Which Should I Choose?

Extraordinary Member

More of a update from earlier this year.
    McFarlane DC Multiverse Has Improved!
    Last edited by mace11; 04-23-2022 at 07:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Did McFarlane DC Multiverse REALLY Outsell Marvel Legends?

Atrocitus

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Did McFarlane DC Multiverse REALLY Outsell Marvel Legends?
    It's hard to decide that when one set of toys (mainly Marvel Legends) are NOT sold or stock in every store.

Like the Dc Universe figures-it's a crap shoot with some of those lines as to what is on the shelf.
    Unlike McFarlane figures that so far every single figure from that line I have seen multiple times in stores.

Excluding Cap Marvel, Shang Chi and The Eternals-being the only ones where every figure from the line was in he same stores.
    The rest you might luck out in 4 out of 7 in a line being in a store. One in the last Miles Morales group-NONE.

Worst than the Power Rangers line and that is saying ALOT.

So if DC is outselling Marvel-that's why.

They're now doing a munitions pack, which is presumably how they plan to get around WB no longer allowing its DC action figures to come packaged with firearms.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I love the fact that it says "not a toy" when it clearly is a toy. I see Joker's pistol in there.
    Assassinate Putin!

Peacemaker’s enormous handgun is there as well. It seems they’re going for plausible deniability by not outright advertising them as for DC characters, even though certain ones are quite obvious.

Insulting the intelligence of your audience is not a particularly clever thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Insulting the intelligence of your audience is not a particularly clever thing to do.
    Seeing it as an insult to intelligence is a rather odd way of looking at it. It's skirting a ban from WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Seeing it as an insult to intelligence is a rather odd way of looking at it. It's skirting a ban from WB.
    Nah, the odd part is saying it's "not a toy" when it clearly is. lol
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-11-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I love the fact that it says "not a toy" when it clearly is a toy. I see Joker's pistol in there.
    So what is the difference between this and what we saw in the 80-90s with GI Joe? Who did MANY packs like this including a ton of repaints of stuff that came with figures.

If it is such an issue-how about 1) don't make them or 2) don't put them in the toy isles. Put them in the collectible section with Stranger Things and everyone else.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

On the plus side, I can finally give Batgirl that comics accurate shoulder mounted missile launcher!
    Assassinate Putin!