Page 129 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3234
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thor is still in it...

And he already has Stormbreaker, so it isn't like he is going to be "losing" Mjolnir.

I really doubt they are going to be using the "thor isn't worthy" part of this story. More likely just the JaneThor part.

They already used the "i need my hammer" stuff in Ragnorak and then already used the "im not sure im still worthy" stuff in End game. Doubt they retread that ground.

MCU adapts, it doesn't copy.

One good thing about Hemsworth hurting his back in the fatsuit is that hopefully fat thor is gone. I doubt he'd want to mess wit it again. I woudn't mind a more "bulky" Henry Canvil esque Thor which would be much easier for Hemsworth to do as he wouldn't have to lean out, just put on muscle. Especially since he is taking an acting break. but I'm good on more fat thor lol
    Agreed. MCU doesn't lift whole sale, and the crappy elements would be a worse retread.

Civil War by Millar was terrible, a waste of complete potential. The MCU movie is easily, IMO, a classic

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agreed. MCU doesn't lift whole sale, and the crappy elements would be a worse retread.

Civil War by Millar was terrible, a waste of complete potential. The MCU movie is easily, IMO, a classic
    Civil War stunk as well.

Thor is still in it...

And he already has Stormbreaker, so it isn't like he is going to be "losing" Mjolnir.

I really doubt they are going to be using the "thor isn't worthy" part of this story. More likely just the JaneThor part.

They already used the "i need my hammer" stuff in Ragnorak and then already used the "im not sure im still worthy" stuff in End game. Doubt they retread that ground.

One good thing about Hemsworth hurting his back in the fatsuit is that hopefully fat thor is gone. I doubt he'd want to mess wit it again. I woudn't mind a more "bulky" Henry Canvil esque Thor which would be much easier for Hemsworth to do as he wouldn't have to lean out, just put on muscle. Especially since he is taking an acting break. but I'm good on more fat thor lol
    It's still inspired by one of the worst runs ever. It will likely be about Jane being a hero. I do not intend to watch it.

Ultimate Member

Also, I'd add that another hammer bearer allows Thor to use his powers fully, in training Jane to use hers.

MCU marvel movies, rightfully, limit the powers of their protagonists. Kinda hard to relate to guys as powerful as Thor/Superman. But the training will allow Thor, IMO, to cute loose.

Besides that, they're pretty good at following logical narrative. In Avengers, Loki nearly outfought Cap before Iron Man stepped in. Rocket and Nebula kept up with Stark technologically as aliens with advanced educations.

So Jane won't be outpacing Thor effortlessly.

The MCU redeems poor ideas, so I'm not too worried.

Thor is still in it...

I hope we get a more standard looking Thor, even if I think that's probably a longshot.

BANNED

“The MCU redeems poor ideas, so I'm not too worried.”

I don’t think it does. If it did, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Or at least Jamie Alexander would be wielding the hammer.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    “The MCU redeems poor ideas, so I'm not too worried.”

I don’t think it does. If it did, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Or at least Jamie Alexander would be wielding the hammer.
    You're right. It's normal and typical that fans always agree :P

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You're right. It's normal and typical that fans always agree :P
    LMAO, true dat
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Asked about creating “new characters” Hickman stated:

Hickman: My only rule for the vast majority of X-stuff is there's no real need to create new characters when you have 100s that are not being serviced in a way that makes everyone happy. My mandate, my idea behind what we are doing is that we go back and fix what's broken, tell forward-looking stories about a lot of characters- many which you haven't seen in awhile

Then he also stated another golden tip for the “duly diligent” writers:

Hickman: If you get something published, you need to understand that while you're making a piece of art to give to people to consume, enjoy, live in, etc. .. the experience is .. you can ruin the experience by partaking in their experience. When I see a writer go online and explain what they wrote and what it means, they're breaking the barrier of the readers' experience.

He says he has other secret projects at Marvel. Please be THOR!
    Last edited by THORPERION; 07-21-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Ultimate Member

Thor also doesn't need his hammer in the MCU, it's merely a conduit for his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Thor also doesn't need his hammer in the MCU, it's merely a conduit for his powers.
    He just keeps it around for iconography.

Man I am SO looking forward to the next couple of years of fighting about this crap again!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Man I am SO looking forward to the next couple of years of fighting about this crap again!
    To be honest, part of me is disappointed in this because it means all the fan dissension and arguments is probably going to keep going moving forward even after Aaron finally leaves.

I mean, if the new writer is a stark contrast from Aaron, maybe it'll be less of an issue at least as far as discussing comics but otherwise there's not much else Thor related to talk about.

Oh, well I guess we got Rick Wasserman back as Thor in Ultimate Alliance 3. That was pretty awesome. Plus Thor's gameplay for the Marvel's Avengers game looks pretty cool, just don't really like that design.

I'm trying my best here .

BANNED

I thought we were finally over discussing Thor being sidelined and the Jane hate/love stuff now that Aaron is leaving and Thor is worthy once more, but now they come up with this bs, it's like a triple kick in the nuts for Thor fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I thought we were finally over discussing Thor being sidelined and the Jane hate/love stuff now that Aaron is leaving and Thor is worthy once more, but now they come up with this bs, it's like a triple kick in the nuts for Thor fans.
    For some, sure.

On the other hand, many other Thor fans are totally estactic about this news.