Page 41 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

"Kiss the cook" - Yeah, you wish, Booster .

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League – Batman #1 – Si Spurrier (w) and Ryan Sook (a); Zatanna backup by Meghan Fitzmartin (w) and Dan Jurgens (a)

This is strange. I think they changed the artist. I'm quite sure I read the name Rebecca Issacs as Zee's artist on the link Gaius posted. I even checked out some of her art online. Anyway if Dan Jurgens is doing the art I don't have anything to complain about.

I'm more concerned about the writer Meghan Fitzmartin. She's the one who made Tim Drake come out as Bisexual recently in Batman Urban Legends. I have no complaint about that. I just hope we don't get another ConstantinexZee story from her.

Hey, didn't Dan Jurgens write and draw Death of Superman?
    Jurgens art looks too “retro” for me these days but given the context of these worlds (heroes banished to Pre-Crisis esque worlds) that may end up being a plus.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I like Jurgens art. He was the main Superman artist in the 90's. Clearly following Bryne's model for them Post Crisis but cleaner and his characters didn't fall into being too 'sketchy' and anorexic which was a problem with Byrne's art in the late 90's and beyond.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

The Secret Origin of John Zatara:

https://aboutzatanna.tumblr.com/post...of-john-zatara

Plus 'Every Time John Zatara Came Back From The Dead':

https://aboutzatanna.tumblr.com/post...-from-the-dead

I went deeeeeep into the Zatara lore for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I like Jurgens art. He was the main Superman artist in the 90's. Clearly following Bryne's model for them Post Crisis but cleaner and his characters didn't fall into being too 'sketchy' and anorexic which was a problem with Byrne's art in the late 90's and beyond.
    I like Jurgens' art too .

Really cool and informative stuff! Thank you .

A 10 page back up all devoted to Zee. Drawn by Dan Jurgens. I hope the writer comes up with a good story

Not many writers are interested in writing solo Zee stories. The last we got was in Truth and Justice digital series. The art was good but the story was mostly padding.

Extraordinary Member

Mabey Z does need Constantine cuz her manipulation skills need work when it comes dealing with non teenagers

Wow Dan Jurgen, love his artstyle. Full of Kinetic and dynamic, love his drawing at Death of the Superman. Classic artist for classic Zee

Man, I gotta resume my read of classical Giovanni at Action Comic xd. I love his trolls and shenanigans against his opponents, he sometimes playing with his enemies. Zatara's sure have full bag of tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Mabey Z does need Constantine cuz her manipulation skills need work when it comes dealing with non teenagers
    You have no idea how useful Constantine could have been to Batman....82 years ago.

Stephanie Roux

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Stephanie Roux

Fond memories of the Dini run .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Stephanie Roux

I don't like Stephanie's design. It has too many distinct parts that gives it the appearance of a patchwork. Also
    Zee's curves look so wrong. Like why does her thigh high boots have to be so loose as the top? The cape is too small and unnecessary. Zee's jacket should have tails.

Tails are one of the three essentials.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 05-16-2022 at 11:44 AM.

I don't like Stephanie's design. It has too many distinct parts that gives it the appearance of a patchwork. Also
    Zee's curves look so wrong. Like why does her thigh high boots have to be so loose as the top? The cape is too small and unnecessary. Zee's jacket should have tails.

I remember Paul Dini, Misty Lee and Stephanie design that outfit with intention of giving her Magician getup a more heroic style, hence the cape.

I personally like the tails more especially if its flowing around and give a sense of movement

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She's the daughter of a stage magician. Manipulating people is what she does for a living.

And lol @ the thought of Constantine being someone trustworthy enough to be left alone with kids.

I have heard that from other readers as well. That there are too many clashing elements in Roux's design. Interestingly he actually created an actual physical version of the costume to show Dini when he was working on the book.

I think it's because the design is meant to combine all her costumes into one. The cape being a references to her 70's look and the thigh highs being a reference to her Perez outfit.

As for the tails, I'm fine either way, with or without tails. I think tails make her stand out a bit more especially in group shots when artist make them longer so it looks like a cape when she is flying.

My current favorite Zatanna design is the one by Otto Schmidt for DC vs Vampires:

And the one he designed for Constantine & The House of Horrors:

(Wish I could find a better pic of it. One where she isn't transformed into a demon.)