Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Cates has issues ending stories.

Has great beginnings and his endings are... bad

This was terrible. It doesn't make any sense.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Thor should have allowed Odin to competely "end" the situation.

The end was needlessly cruel and I'm surprised that Thor would even allow that kind of thing.
    Alternately, acknowledged that Blake has reason to be angry, and instead of punishing him, just sending him off to some paradise. I like Thor rebuking Odin, but I would have hoped that he would display more mercy than Odin did.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thor #14...was AWESOME!!!
    While I'm no Batman and would have loved to see Blake permanently and deservedly ended...personally, I LOVED the cruelty of Loki's punishment. And...it leaves it open for Blake to seek retribution some day, (hopefully in the far far distant future, under another writer because I've had quite enough of him over the past six issues).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Alternately, acknowledged that Blake has reason to be angry, and instead of punishing him, just sending him off to some paradise. I like Thor rebuking Odin, but I would have hoped that he would display more mercy than Odin did.
    Doesn't Cates think Thor is kind of a jerk for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Cates has issues ending stories.

Has great beginnings and his endings are... bad

This was terrible. It doesn't make any sense.
    more or less.

I'm glad I dropped it lol.

don't even wanna know what happened but from what I heard it sounds really bad.

I was never really fan of Cates.

the only good thing in his entire run here is that he brought back his arm and eye, plus that moment with Iron-man.

anything else is eye rolling to me.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-15-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Kind of annoyed they did not have Thunderstrike in this last story arc with evil Donald Blake considering he was going after all this Asgardian/Odin mojo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Kind of annoyed they did not have Thunderstrike in this last story arc with evil Donald Blake considering he was going after all this Asgardian/Odin mojo.
    I am betting Cate's forgot about him.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thor #14...was AWESOME!!!
    While I'm no Batman and would have loved to see Blake permanently and deservedly ended...personally, I LOVED the cruelty of Loki's punishment. And...it leaves it open for Blake to seek retribution some day, (hopefully in the far far distant future, under another writer because I've had quite enough of him over the past six issues).
    All I know is that I liked it a lot. And it will keep me buying the book; I'm really interested about the next arc.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Same here.

There's something about Cate's Thor so far that really sings to me...that I didn't/couldn't really hear in Jason Aaron's Thor.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Same here.

There's something about Cate's Thor so far that really sings to me...that I didn't/couldn't really hear in Jason Aaron's Thor.
    I see more nobility, attitude and seriousness, which are things Aaron's Thor didn't have. That guy can't write to his life.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't Cates think Thor is kind of a jerk for some reason?
    It amazes me that people will give greater weight to fluff piece interviews than what Cates has actually written.

Yes, Cates said he respects Aaron's Thor.

Yet, in the very first arc, Cates wipes away Aaron's Thor, restoring him completely and characterizing him better than Aaron ever did. He later makes it very clear that his hammer is not Thor's full power.

What's a guy gotta do at this point?

It amazes me that people will give greater weight to fluff piece interviews than what Cates has actually written.

Yet, in the very first arc, Cates wipes away Aaron's Thor, restoring him completely and characterizing him better than Aaron ever did. He later makes it very clear that his hammer is not Thor's full power.

I get that. I just still remember when he was talking about how he perceived Thor as a bit of an arrogant jerk.

Thor is a jerk but kingly jerk.

That's the difference.

Ultimate Member

Cates is still writing Thor as "King Thor".

But as others have pointed out, he's a bit of a jerk. Which is pretty mich the exact opposite of what the character was (like he was literally banished to Earth to learn humility).

But overall, I like what Cates is doing. He seems to be building to something big.

Couldn't have said it better.