Page 138 of 833 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Storm and everyone else were being controlled by nannites during Contest of Champions. No one was acting normally.
    Yeah cause that was a very naur moment for me. Like storm knows that thor can take her inna physical fight. She wont just go charge in, she is an expert tactician for christ sake.

IMG_20220320_162838.jpg

Goddess of mars.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    IMG_20220320_162838.jpg

Goddess of mars.
    Honestly with this, what the Scarlet Witch did, and the fact Legion of X features and Arraki god it really seems like Marvel is trying to establish a mutant pantheon. And who better to start with than the Goddess herself.

IMG_20220320_162838.jpg

Goddess of mars.
    I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    she used the heat to melt the metal while shaping and cooling it with her winds. That's creativity, that's the least she should do with her skills. I love it when Rotwirists remind you that their temperature manipulation doesn't just refer to cold, but to heat as well.
    Lol thank you for the clarification. This is what I get for not reading and being a dummiot.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed and not even close.

she can shut off his brain. its seriously not a competition.

I dont know much about either ladies only they are goddesses. that said, even if we did know we can't really talk to this as we still dont know how ororo is a goddess. we can speculate but we don't have anything definitive from canon.

in terms of iron man speed blitzing her:

react fast enough to dodge mjolnir

broke sound barrier from moving so fast.

iron man wouldn't win that way with her.

she a
    I mean you got my vote. I'd love for everyone, both fans and haters alike, to get a nice referesher course on just how quickly she can activate and focus her powers. Give us "blink of an eye" and "Before X character with enhanced physical specs can react" and the almighty "Less than a conscious thought".

Wait did she put him... master of magnetism in a metal cage?

Lord have mercy... thank god it ain't cannon. Though I am happy she could melt and shape metal it still was a terrible move on her end
    Regina's mood after seeing that!

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Giving Storm more powers won't give her more interesting story lines if anything it might hurt it
    But that's the thing, Storm isn't getting NEW powers. They are expanding on what she already has. New would be giving Carol Danvers the ability to do magic. New would be giving Iron Man "Godhood". That's new. Having Storm branch out into elements she's had absolute control over since her inception is just sheer lack of creative writing that is thankfully being rectified.

Yeah cause that was a very naur moment for me. Like storm knows that thor can take her inna physical fight. She wont just go charge in, she is an expert tactician for christ sake.
    I give you Storm vs Thor in a physical fight when she wants to act the fool.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

IMG_20220320_162838.jpg

Goddess of mars.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

IMG_20220320_162838.jpg

Goddess of mars.
    Storm looks terrific! Hope this is as good as we deserve. Glad to see Sunspot there with Storm.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

IMG_20220320_162838.jpg

Goddess of mars.
    Well this seems very promising.

However, I’m curious on how Ewing is going to Explain the Difference between her using her mutant power vs her goddess power. But I have a feeling Ewing is going to mash them together.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Thor is like: "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. But about learning how to dance in the rain." ;-)

lolol

I too was confused by that statement like what do they mean? That storm having abilities that are already established by past cannon will hurt the story? Or that a powerful storm is a boring storm.

I will say this which has been said before a competent writer can make an omnipotent charchter work within a story. The issue is a lot of the writers in the xoffice are mid at best.

I mean you have two different writers ewing and that guy that made storm powerless in hell and couldn't see storm do anything his entire run aside wind and lightning. I forget who he is cause his take on her was sooo mediocre.

One is a meh writer who cant utilize his charachters fully in a story without their abilities getting the way, the other realized that theue charachtervis is too op and would rather have her in intellectual and political settings and spaces rather than battles all the time. It's about competence and talent and knowing what to do with the ingredients you have been giving to prepare an interesting dish.

Hence why I say storm kinda exposes how weak some writers are all the time. They are the once that handle the charchter in a very lackluster way and in ways that are kinda insulting to the decades long arc she had been in to find herself.

Let's take coates tooo he made her a goddess that transcends even the adversary... but put caviates on how to unlock this part of herself, kinda like how the avatar state was utilized in the last airbender. One punch man can kill anything with one punch but he is interesting as **** why? Because the writer is fucking competent at what he does. He knows how the caharchter works and how to bring out the best in him... sooo much so that a parody chatachter is now a mainstay in pop culture and taken seriously.
    yes I can count on maybe one or two hands which writers I believe truly understood the character. im just thankful during this period we have Ewing on the job and not someone like Guggenheim. he didn't believe ororo was a goddess. ugh
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

IMG_20220320_162838.jpg

Goddess of mars.

and there you have it. this isn't the Omega Mutant of Mars.... No.. this is the GODDESS of Mars. I think it is very nice that Ororo has this to distinguish her. Keep in mind all the great ring members are Omega Level so ororo being one wouldn't impress them. Her being a goddess however is something that distinguishes her from the rest which will give her more street cred to some of the Arrakki. Im just blown away guys seeing the xoffice fully embrace her godhead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Lol thank you for the clarification. This is what I get for not reading and being a dummiot.

I mean you got my vote. I'd love for everyone, both fans and haters alike, to get a nice referesher course on just how quickly she can activate and focus her powers. Give us "blink of an eye" and "Before X character with enhanced physical specs can react" and the almighty "Less than a conscious thought".

But that's the thing, Storm isn't getting NEW powers. They are expanding on what she already has. New would be giving Carol Danvers the ability to do magic. New would be giving Iron Man "Godhood". That's new. Having Storm branch out into elements she's had absolute control over since her inception is just sheer lack of creative writing that is thankfully being rectified.

yes for remembering blink of an eye!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

Because how do I defend her on this... she is supposed to be the leader of the xmen, the tactical expert. And you lock magneto in a cage of metal?!! Like NAUR! NOOOOO.

There was somebody arguing that yes stork can react to light speed but she can not react to faster than light aka speed of thought. I simply busted out the scan that her powers literally takes less than a conscious thought to arrive aka as fast as if not faster than thought and they could only go, she is too op then. I love the salt in their response when I prove then wrong it really taste sooo sweet.
    Last edited by Reigna; 03-20-2022 at 12:05 PM.

lolol

yes I can count on maybe one or two hands which writers I believe truly understood the character. im just thankful during this period we have Ewing on the job and not someone like Guggenheim. he didn't believe ororo was a goddess. ugh
    Like asgardian storm was a moment to determine charachter growth, ut wasn't supposed to be a staple thing. Comics has this wierd way of making everything with meaning sooo mundane. Taking such an important charchter moment for ororo during her depowered days and making it into a flashy fan service thing is just trash behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Honestly with this, what the Scarlet Witch did, and the fact Legion of X features and Arraki god it really seems like Marvel is trying to establish a mutant pantheon. And who better to start with than the Goddess herself.
    Exactly stork being the head god and establishing her own pantheon of gods based of the mutant religion and belief would be sooo dope.

Will like to also get something on how and why her ancestors hold this divine mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Well this seems very promising.

However, I’m curious on how Ewing is going to Explain the Difference between her using her mutant power vs her goddess power. But I have a feeling Ewing is going to mash them together.
    Hmmm maybe but in the end all I know is we are in for a treat.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

and there you have it. this isn't the Omega Mutant of Mars.... No.. this is the GODDESS of Mars. I think it is very nice that Ororo has this to distinguish her. Keep in mind all the great ring members are Omega Level so ororo being one wouldn't impress them. Her being a goddess however is something that distinguishes her from the rest which will give her more street cred to some of the Arrakki. Im just blown away guys seeing the xoffice fully embrace her godhead!!!
    I just realized Mars is the God of War, so it's very appropriate for the Arakki people to end up there.

I'm glad they're using the title of Goddess for Storm in regards to Mars. It's not the first time in recent history, either:

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007