Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default The Button (cross-over with "the Flash")

As posted on the front page:

http://www.cbr.com/batmanflash-cross...birth-mystery/

DC has dragged out "Rebirth" for so long that I have lost interest, and really do not want my regular comics to get pulled in too deeply. I am willing to wade through a month or two worth of comics. But, after that, I might be done.

Anyone thinking differently? Am I being too quick to drop the series?
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

So... This will be happen ONLY in Batman.. Yes, in Flash too, but I have not read flash since Godspeed saga..

Good, I can continue reading Detective Comics without rebirth interruptions.. Is only leave batman temporarily..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-12-2017 at 01:29 PM.

BANNED

I really hope Wally is in this, he's closer to the Rebirth mystery than Barry and it's because of him that Batman discovered the button in the Rebirth Special. He should be in the main Flash book more often anyways.

Mighty Member

Wally is likely to be in the "the Flash". According to the article, "Detective Comics" is not involved.

I have a pull file, so dropping and re-adding a book is kind of a pain in the ass.

Nothing against cross-overs, but DC let this one sit for too long.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Anyone thinking differently? Am I being too quick to drop the series?
    I don't understand not being interested in the larger story. Certainly not to the point where you'd actually consider dropping a title because of a short crossover.

And LOL at less than a year being "too long".
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mighty Member

I am more than willing to be patient with a series. But, "Rebirth" was introduced a year ago, after several years of DC flailing around with no evident direction or plan. And, beyond some cover-banners, there has been next to nothing since then. By the time the relevant issues ship, it will have been just shy of a year. At this point, I have moved on and lost interest in an event that DC did not seem to have much of a plan for. (DC should have had this in order at least 2 years ago.)

I will stick around for a short cross-over. But, at this point, I do not trust DC enough for any long-haul events. (I wish I could. Really do. I also hope that "Rebirth" is the best damned thing to happen this year. I want it to be on my top 5. But, I ain't expecting it.)

Fantastic Member

I am perfectly fine and excited about this. Also, i love these short and fast Dc storylines. A year of mystery is a big win for me since "the event" doesn't block individual stories within series.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Seriously. The one-second attention span generation strikes again.

I think a year is about right, given that it's line-wide, and the changes in characters like Superman needed some issues published to settle down before they moved ahead.
    "The New 52!" stayed on covers for 40 issues.

Mighty Member

But, DC did not wait a year to use that as the basis for a cross-over intended to paper over a lack of direction. If "Rebirth" had dropped and been resolved after "Convergence", I would not have been annoyed. But, at this point, I just do not care. I do not care about how "Batman" fits with DC as a whole.

I have been reading comics for years. I accept the odd cross-over. (Sometimes, cross-overs are actually good.) But, this just feels like too much hype delivered too late.

About damn time.

I dont think Wally will involve in this YET besides a few mentions. Barry already knows about everything Wally's aware of so he can take it from there. It will probably end with a Titans fill in where Barry visits Wally and tells him what happened.

I'm fine with this, Barry & Wally are investigating with different groups. It will come together at the end of 2 years saga.

Well, good to see the mystery being addressed more directly, featuring two of DC's best detectives (not counting Elongated Man or Detective Chimp) on the case .

Should be an interesting crossover...

I don't know what everyone is talking about with it being to late, DC told us this big story would take two years. Heck the fun in it is wondering where all the pieces will wind up and what will be done with them.

Beyond that I'm definitely glad to hear about this crossover, makes a lot of sense with everything we learned from the Rebirth issues. Although I will not be buying the special $3.99 covers, don't really care that kind of thing personally.

Edit: I bet this is going to lead into whatever Watchmen thing Geoff Johns is doing.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-12-2017 at 03:17 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

I'm excited about this. It's a relatively short crossover and those covers are great.

Astonishing Member

I am more than willing to be patient with a series. But, "Rebirth" was introduced a year ago, after several years of DC flailing around with no evident direction or plan. And, beyond some cover-banners, there has been next to nothing since then. By the time the relevant issues ship, it will have been just shy of a year. At this point, I have moved on and lost interest in an event that DC did not seem to have much of a plan for. (DC should have had this in order at least 2 years ago.)

I will stick around for a short cross-over. But, at this point, I do not trust DC enough for any long-haul events. (I wish I could. Really do. I also hope that "Rebirth" is the best damned thing to happen this year. I want it to be on my top 5. But, I ain't expecting it.)
    Rebirth has only been around like six months.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

But, DC did not wait a year to use that as the basis for a cross-over intended to paper over a lack of direction. If "Rebirth" had dropped and been resolved after "Convergence", I would not have been annoyed. But, at this point, I just do not care. I do not care about how "Batman" fits with DC as a whole.

I have been reading comics for years. I accept the odd cross-over. (Sometimes, cross-overs are actually good.) But, this just feels like too much hype delivered too late.
    They waited until DC Universe Rebirth to resolve Flashpoint.