Page 210 of 233 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

I thought they were going to bring back that glasses girl Ryan was dating last season.

I will say I appreciate the contrast to how integral Sophie has become part of the group after Ryan barely tolerated her existence for, like, the entirety of season 2.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought they were going to bring back that glasses girl Ryan was dating last season.

I will say I appreciate the contrast to how integral Sophie has become part of the group after Ryan barely tolerated her existence for, like, the entirety of season 2.

Co-sign on that. I appreciate the growth between the two. I just don't want them banging.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    One thing I like was them addressing Ryan's parentage right away rather their drawing it out, having Jet and Ryan have these convoluted reasons to keep interacting all the while the audience is dangling is today going to be the day Ryan finds out/confronts her, etc etc.
    I felt the same way when I watched the episode and the preview for this week’s episode. Let’s just get right into it.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

I think the only thing that movie cemented was Margot Robbie and Viola Davis.
    True enough. I know I'm making a big deal out of a single still photo, I just thought Batwoman of all shows would take more care about this sort of thing.

Didn't Julia wear the suit to fool Sophie to think Kate was not Batwoman in season one? So it's even worse for Sophie hooking up with everyone who wears the cowl....
    I actually wouldn't mind Sophie being briefly interested in Ryan if she then came to the conclusion she isn't over Kate because she keeps trying to rebound with other Batwomen.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    True enough. I know I'm making a big deal out of a single still photo, I just thought Batwoman of all shows would take more care about this sort of thing.
    Maybe if it was for more than just a cameo.

I actually wouldn't mind Sophie being briefly interested in Ryan if she then came to the conclusion she isn't over Kate because she keeps trying to rebound with other Batwomen.
    If only the CW writers room had that kind of nuance.....

If only the CW writers room had that kind of nuance.....
    I wonder if they ever realized Jimmy on Supergirl only ever dated the sisters of people he knew.

Amazing Member

I don't know if it's definitive canon, but a few adaptions have had him be black. Not that you can always tell because of his croc skin.
    As far as I know he was always black in the comics from the start. He was at least in his first showing in 1983 or so( And now I feel a little old). The thing they changed is that he had more in common with Bane being a strong intelligent enemy of Batman.

Mighty Member

Great episode. I liked how they used Mr Freeze's wife Nora in this episode.

That would probably be the smartest way to handle that naturally. I think Sophie is gaining interest due to proximity and Ryan being a consistent constant in her life. Season 1 did make abundantly clear how in the closet she was, she's still new to this.

And, honestly, maybe down the line I wouldn't mind Ryan and Sophie together if they made it feel natural, Ryan couldn't stand her just a season ago. It would have to be a "slow burn" where they get together somewhere in season 5, not now. But, the writers would actually need to make it fulfilling because it'd be far more interesting if they had separate love interests. Batwoman isn't filled to the brim with characters like other shows so honestly, they could add two more characters down the line.

I’m already not interested in Ryan’s birth mother storyline. She’s just a jackass, and I could care less about why she gave Ryan up. The action sequence was great, but hard to follow. And what’s going on with Luke and Alice?
    Last edited by protege; 10-28-2021 at 10:41 AM.

I'm enjoying the Jada and Marquis Jet plot thread. It'll be interesting to see if Marquis is sincere in wanting to team up with Ryan or if he's trying to insert himself as part of some plan with Jada. And if one or both Jets eventually find out that Ryan is Batwoman.

I was a little disappointed there wasn't a new Mr. Freeze. I liked what they did with Mad Hatter and Killer Croc.

When Ryan dropped that guy she yanked into the air, I thought it was Batwing at first and that his suit crapped out and, instead of landing, he just fell. I laughed and then I realized it was the nameless villain's henchman.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Well, Jada seems to have no love lost for the daughter she gave away and was pretty firm on pushing Ryan as far from her as possible...although you could see her kind of stiffen up when Ryan basically called out how terrible she was looking, especially as a mother.

I thought Alice was going to get stuck back in Arkham until she proved herself again but Montoya just sent her back to the Batcave. And then she runs off again and gets sent back to Arkham. What does this even accomplish? You'd think even Alice would know better.

So it was an open secret, at least in the family, that Jada had an affair and another child because she was gone for 9-months (the entirety of her pregnancy). Still leaves the mystery of Ryan's dad, since it doesn't seem like anyone knows or is willing to tell.

Marquis seems like a decent guy but it's too early to tell how he really feels about Ryan and how much his interest in getting close to her is fueled by his own ambition or a personal desire to bond with his sister.

"Captain Cold wasn't actually a captain." Luke's not wrong.

Well, good news is Victor's plan for Nora to remain frozen until a cure for her disease was found actually worked, but the cryogenic freezing had another side-effect of making Nora age from Stephen Amell's wife into an old lady and leave her a woman out of time who is just ready to live and finally pass on.

Nora's sister reminded me of Dora Smithy from Gotham Girls. Except this sister has a better opinion of Victor, insofar as agreeing with his method of keeping Nora alive.

Ryan is tough but gets knocked out with a single hit to the back of the head. Huh.

Why wasn't Luke suited up as Batwing and flying in with Ryan anyways? What could he do from comms that he couldn't have actually done there, in-suit? He didn't realize something went wrong when she got knocked out and stopped talking?

Well, if you were seeing possible sparks for Ryan and Sophie, Luke outright calling it flirting pretty much confirms what the writers intentions were. I guess I'm morbidly curious how far they're going to push this, especially early into the season.

Alice can't seem to make up her mind about what she wants, although I guess when it gets right down to it she wants to be truly free now after all her emotional trauma and imprisonments. Does she deserve freedom though? And did she hallucinate those nanobots?

While Luke freezing the open space in the bridge for the Batmobile to drive in was cool, especially to see Batwing actually fly, I was expecting the Batmobile to turbo jump over the space. Like, you can't tell me the Batmobile can't turbo jump.

"Mary, I hear you, but I need a sidekick so I'm just going to take Luke's word on this even though he's not a medical professional." Also, Luke turning on Mary eerily reminded me of Ruby Rose's accusations towards Camrus Johnson.

So did Ivy grab Mary or is it just her plant going crazy?

Well, Jada seems to have no love lost for the daughter she gave away and was pretty firm on pushing Ryan as far from her as possible...although you could see her kind of stiffen up when Ryan basically called out how terrible she was looking, especially as a mother.

I thought Alice was going to get stuck back in Arkham until she proved herself again but Montoya just sent her back to the Batcave. And then she runs off again and gets sent back to Arkham. What does this even accomplish? You'd think even Alice would know better.

So it was an open secret, at least in the family, that Jada had an affair and another child because she was gone for 9-months (the entirety of her pregnancy). Still leaves the mystery of Ryan's dad, since it doesn't seem like anyone knows or is willing to tell.

Marquis seems like a decent guy but it's too early to tell how he really feels about Ryan and how much his interest in getting close to her is fueled by his own ambition or a personal desire to bond with his sister.

"Captain Cold wasn't actually a captain." Luke's not wrong.

Well, good news is Victor's plan for Nora to remain frozen until a cure for her disease was found actually worked, but the cryogenic freezing had another side-effect of making Nora age from Stephen Amell's wife into an old lady and leave her a woman out of time who is just ready to live and finally pass on.

Nora's sister reminded me of Dora Smithy from Gotham Girls. Except this sister has a better opinion of Victor, insofar as agreeing with his method of keeping Nora alive.

Ryan is tough but gets knocked out with a single hit to the back of the head. Huh.

Why wasn't Luke suited up as Batwing and flying in with Ryan anyways? What could he do from comms that he couldn't have actually done there, in-suit? He didn't realize something went wrong when she got knocked out and stopped talking?

Well, if you were seeing possible sparks for Ryan and Sophie, Luke outright calling it flirting pretty much confirms what the writers intentions were. I guess I'm morbidly curious how far they're going to push this, especially early into the season.

Alice can't seem to make up her mind about what she wants, although I guess when it gets right down to it she wants to be truly free now after all her emotional trauma and imprisonments. Does she deserve freedom though? And did she hallucinate those nanobots?

While Luke freezing the open space in the bridge for the Batmobile to drive in was cool, especially to see Batwing actually fly, I was expecting the Batmobile to turbo jump over the space. Like, you can't tell me the Batmobile can't turbo jump.

"Mary, I hear you, but I need a sidekick so I'm just going to take Luke's word on this even though he's not a medical professional." Also, Luke turning on Mary eerily reminded me of Ruby Rose's accusations towards Camrus Johnson.

So did Ivy grab Mary or is it just her plant going crazy?
    What kind of bugs me is how un-Batman like Ryan is. Batman had all sorts of gadgets in that belt of his to escape freeze’s death trap. What’s in that belt of hers, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    What’s in that belt of hers, anyway?
    Whatever the plot demands.