Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in Flashpoint

So, HELL YEAH! Looks like this is happening! I'm glad it will be AFTER 4 strong heroic showings though. It will be cool to see this turn AFTER everyone has fallen in love with her...but ONLY after. If there weren't several outings before this, I think I'd be pretty pissed though, to be honest...so...YAAAAY!!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#536dde9a3575

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/04/f...n-gal-gadot/#1

BTW, I can't get over the fact that we have THIS MANY Wonder Woman film outings to discuss!!

Batman v Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Justice League
    Wonder Woman II
    FLASHPOINT
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Incredible Member

I'm cautiously excited.

I say cautiously, because I don't want the live action version of "Flashpoint" Wonder Woman to be anything like the comic book or animated movie version of Wonder Woman. I get that Flash created a "Time Boom" and that it was meant to explain why some characters were so radically different to their usual selves, but I just didn't buy Wonder Woman being a selfish, blood-thirsty and wholly irrational character who was ready to watch the entire world die simply because Aqauaman had an affair with Mera.

I'm hopeful that they're actually planning to use Wonder Woman more like they used "Batman" (i.e. as the character who the Flash goes to for help in restoring the original timeline). Sure, Diana will be different (and hopefully have a different costume, since it's time Wonder Woman changed up her wardrobe), but she should essentially be the same. Maybe she can be a more bitter and disillusioned version of herself, although it would be a shame if she lost all of her optimism.

I do wonder how many films they've locked Gal Gadot into as part of her most recent contract. Her first contract included three films: DoJ, WW and JL. So far we have WW2, Flashpoint and presumably Justice League 2 (with Darkseid), so perhaps another three?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

It could be interesting to see if Gal has the range needed to play a villainous version of Diana. Of course, it's possible that DCEU Flashpoint will be nothing like comic Flashpoint and Diana will remain heroic. But it would be interesting to explore the possibility of a villainous Diana.

I just hope they don't go overboard with the villainous deeds. No conquering the UK and turning it into a concentration camp or murdering helpless children, if you please.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

maybe in DCEU Flashpointverse, she agrees to team-up with Ares against humanity.

I'm a tiny bit torn. But honestly, since this will be the fifth time we see her, I'm kinda all for a totally villanous version!! Maybe with better motivations, and no child killing... but full on badass pissed and villainous. Would be cool to see Gal pull this off!! As long as she goes back to loving heroic Diana for Wonder Woman III and JL 2.

Retired

It seems like Flashpoint is only a concept at this point. It makes sense that, as Geoff Johns created Flashpoint, he'd pitch this idea for Flash. And you'd think he now has the power to get anything he wants made, but he was co-writing the Batman script with Ben Affleck and that was dumped when they brought in Matt Reeves. So it seems like Johns has a lot of ideas to pitch but he's willing to discard them when production circumstances change.

With a Flash movie still not having a definite release date or a director announced, there's many years yet where all these elements can change. And in the meantime they have JUSTICE LEAGUE, AQUAMAN and hopefully WONDER WOMAN II. As we've seen already, every time a new movie comes out it changes the landscape for any future movies. And even when a movie is in post-production, they can edit and alter the final product.

Ultimate Member

It'd be interesting to see if Gal could play a more ruthless/cold-blooded version of Diana (and I say that as something who didn't care much for Flashpoints take on her).

Also The Amazons vs. Atlantis could be cool to see visually at least.

I'd prefer that she not be killing kids at least though.

They could get away with an alternate, evil Diana now for one film. One, she's had her first movie now, not only that it was a mega hit so she's ensconced in the populace's psyche now in a way befitting what she truly is as a character. Second, mainstream movie-goers get alternate realities and reboots and what not now. Thanks to the Marvel films the idea isn't just something comic geekdom really gets anymore, thus likely not much confusion over the fact it wouldn't be the "real" Diana. So while it couldn't be said even as early as five years ago, now, there'd be no risk doing this.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They could get away with an alternate, evil Diana now for one film. One, she's had her first movie now, not only that it was a mega hit so she's ensconced in the populace's psyche now in a way befitting what she truly is as a character. Second, mainstream movie-goers get alternate realities and reboots and what not now. Thanks to the Marvel films the idea isn't just something comic geekdom really gets anymore, thus likely not much confusion over the fact it wouldn't be the "real" Diana. So while it couldn't be said even as early as five years ago, now, there'd be no risk doing this.
    By then we'll have at least 4 Wonder Woman showings, so I completely agree.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Actual Warner Brothers exec: "Wonder Woman is such a hit! How can we follow this up?? Oh! Lets make her a mass murdering insane person in the next feature film! That will sell some toys!"

They should just focus on making a few good films. Nothing too nuts yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Actual Warner Brothers exec: "Wonder Woman is such a hit! How can we follow this up?? Oh! Lets make her a mass murdering insane person in the next feature film! That will sell some toys!"

They should just focus on making a few good films. Nothing too nuts yet.
    If this happens, she'll have been in at least 4 films prior to it. I think the timing will be ok.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    If this happens, she'll have been in at least 4 films prior to it. I think the timing will be ok.
    Exactly. The audience has had years to fall in love with Diana. Having her turn evil for just a single movie will just serve as an interesting counterpoint to everything they've come to admire in her.

The fact that the story will retcon itself by the end will also prevent the movie from leaving a bad taste in anyone's mouth. It's a quirky little "What If" kind of story that may make some changes in the DCEU, but nothing permanent for Diana.

I don't foresee any serious problems.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I don't think is 100 percent confirmed. This is all rumors and speculation because WW was in the Flashpoint comic.

Retired

If they're seriously going to do Flashpoint it should be like the phase 3 of the DCEU--to borrow from the Marvel movies with their phases. The FLASH movie would begin Flashpoint, then other movies would take place in the Flashpoint reality. And another movie--FLASH II or JUSTICE LEAGUE III--would wrap this all up by resetting the timeline.

Trying to squeeze the whole Flashpoint into one movie would be almost as dissatisfying as the TV episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If they're seriously going to do Flashpoint it should be like the phase 3 of the DCEU--to borrow from the Marvel movies with their phases. The FLASH movie would begin Flashpoint, then other movies would take place in the Flashpoint reality. And another movie--FLASH II or JUSTICE LEAGUE III--would wrap this all up by resetting the timeline.

Trying to squeeze the whole Flashpoint into one movie would be almost as dissatisfying as the TV episode.
    Really? I think the animated film pulled it off to great results. And that was probably less than 2 hours.