Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1496

This is the easiest way to pull the 90s super cool and the tshirt and jeans kons together, even has green eyes.

Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

YJ show theory for superboy

I believe his metagene was activated when he was so close to death (which is how metagenes are activated, look back and see for yourself).

I think he could easily have mental powers(TTK or TK) because of his closeness to all the Martians before the bomb went off in his face (another fact about the metagene you can all look back on, it always activates in a close manner to what was around you at the time).

Also bonus idea, maybe having kryptonite exploding in his face will give him a immunity to it, or give him a kryptonite type extra powrr.oh and I'm calling it now, he will have green eyes when he comes back.

Yes my theory is very close to Superman X, it would fit almost perfectly.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

At this point I’m just holding out hope for April. Solicits said stuff will be spinning out of the March Earth 3 crossover and Conner is involved in that. Any luck and we’ll get a new book with Conner doing something. Otherwise I gotta just hope PKJ can eventually use him over in Action, might as well have Conner join Clark out in space if DC can’t give him something to do on Earth.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At this point I’m just holding out hope for April. Solicits said stuff will be spinning out of the March Earth 3 crossover and Conner is involved in that. Any luck and we’ll get a new book with Conner doing something. Otherwise I gotta just hope PKJ can eventually use him over in Action, might as well have Conner join Clark out in space if DC can’t give him something to do on Earth.

I have no faith in DC to do good by kon, or give him nothing but crumbs from this point on. To them he is a distant secondary member of the SUPER family now, one that is nice for a quick team or a couple cool pages then gone again.

What I want is a college age Conner, either trying to be a hero while living a normal life, or fighting a uphill battle against something thst only superman would be seen to win against. He has so many supporting characters to fill a series it's insane, thsts powered and not powered characters. If lex is gonna be his DNA donor use him, let kon decide to go full speed ahead with lex somehow. Blend his personalities together, make this clone feel very human. Give him the look in post 1471 from above and give him all the kryptonian powers, plus the ability to control ad extend his bio field, make his only (extra) weaknesses that aren't kryptonian weaknesses thst extending his field stretches his power thin and that he has to think to use it.

And if you don't want it on this earth, put him on earth 3, and make him the superman of that earth, and actually give him a win there

Well shit.

spoilers:
    It looks like Conner really is dead in YJ, but his spirit isn’t at peace. Not happy about this at all.
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Well shit.

spoilers:
    It looks like Conner really is dead in YJ, but his spirit isn’t at peace. Not happy about this at all.
    end of spoilers
    Is it possible that it's the YJ equivalent to the Phantom Zone, and Zatana is just reading that as Conner's spirit? With Phantom Girl maybe dragging him in there.

...then again, it doesn't completely cheapen everything that MM and BB have been going through and trying to overcome if Conner just comes back. It's possible that it is just his spirit and this just leaves MM, BB, and Clark with a chance to say goodbye and get some closure. That does feel more like what the shown is known to do.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Is it possible that it's the YJ equivalent to the Phantom Zone, and Zatana is just reading that as Conner's spirit? With Phantom Girl maybe dragging him in there.

...then again, it doesn't completely cheapen everything that MM and BB have been going through and trying to overcome if Conner just comes back. It's possible that it is just his spirit and this just leaves MM, BB, and Clark with a chance to say goodbye and get some closure. That does feel more like what the shown is known to do.

It kind of looks like the Phantom Zone so maybe. I don’t get why the Legion would just leave him there if that’s where he is. I guess they could have put him there because you can’t die in the PZ, and this is the show adapting Conner going into stasis until the Legion era where he’s revived from the comics… but I don’t know if I buy that is what’s happening.

Nobody even cares about BB’s depression, people are irritated at all the time the show spends focusing on it.

Nobody even cares about BB’s depression, people are irritated at all the time the show spends focusing on it.
    My point being that it would be kind of problematic and thematically dishonest to focus as much time as they have been on Miss M and BB's pain and issues over the death, and show them dealing with it (in Miss M's case trying to build bonds with her sister over it) only to go "ha! JK, he's fine."

If I were just going off the show's usually MO and had little to no idea about the comics (especially Legion) I'd say that it's most likely going to be a getting closure and saying goodbye thing.

They may end with somehow making Conner's sacrifice what eventually inspires the Legion though?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

My point being that it would be kind of problematic and thematically dishonest to focus as much time as they have been on Miss M and BB's pain and issues over the death, and show them dealing with it (in Miss M's case trying to build bonds with her sister over it) only to go "ha! JK, he's fine."
    I get it, just salty over the concept of Conner dying and staying dead because it serves Beast Boy’s story. Especially since I think BB will end up with Tim and the rest in terms of never showing up by next season (assuming there is another season and Conner is dead).
    If I were just going off the show's usually MO and had little to no idea about the comics (especially Legion) I'd say that it's most likely going to be a getting closure and saying goodbye thing.
    Yeah that’s kind of where I’m feeling things will go to. That he’s begging for help may mean there’s more going on than just him wanting to say goodbye to M’gann and BB however.
    They may end with somehow making Conner's sacrifice what eventually inspires the Legion though?
    It’s something I guess. Would’ve preferred the original theory of Conner being trapped in the future as a way of writing him out of the show however.

Yeah, I don't think he would be begging to be saved or they would show Zee seeing his "spirit" if he was actually dead. Like, obviously they're either going to try and bring him back or this is where they find out about the Legion and the saboteur trying to change the timeline one way or another.

I'm leaning into the idea that he got dumped into the Phantom Zone and that's what it looks like (it would explain his lack of clothes since they burned off). Maybe Phantom Girl put him in there because it was the only way they could keep him alive without bringing him to the future which would have changed too much.

If he really is in the Zone and they have to go rescue him great! Would be a good opportunity to focus on Kryptonian lore, maybe we could get an arc where Conner meets Zod and Xa-Du in there.

Thing is-- and this may just be nitpicking-- that doesn't actually look like the Phantom Zone in terms of what Conner looks like in it.

If that was to save Conner's life-- as in keep his body alive-- then wouldn't he look similar to the last way we saw him...but just transparent? We saw his skin being burned, and not to mention the clothes he was wearing (however tattered they'd be).

I feel like the show is likely doing something closer to a homage to the Phantom Zone rather than the actual concept itself, and they're taking the "Phantom" part literal. This show also doesn't seem to lean more towards early post crisis meaning Clark's likely the only full Kryptonian still alive.

I even think they foreshadowed this pretty hard (and kind of awkwardly) with how Clark explained death to Jon where he specifically talked about the sprit leaving the physical body.

Thing is-- and this may just be nitpicking-- that doesn't actually look like the Phantom Zone in terms of what Conner looks like in it.

If that was to save Conner's life-- as in keep his body alive-- then wouldn't he look similar to the last way we saw him...but just transparent? We saw his skin being burned, and not to mention the clothes he was wearing (however tattered they'd be).

I feel like the show is likely doing something closer to a homage to the Phantom Zone rather than the actual concept itself, and they're taking the "Phantom" part literal. This show also doesn't seem to lean more towards early post crisis meaning Clark's likely the only full Kryptonian still alive.

I even think they foreshadowed this pretty hard (and kind of awkwardly) with how Clark explained death to Jon where he specifically talked about the sprit leaving the physical body.
    I dunno, it looks pretty Phantom Zone-y to me (especially with all those glowy landmasses around him). Give or take the show's own interpretation of it. He still has the chest wound and lack of clothes, presumably from the blast. And his eyes look kind of creepy.

I'm curious if this is how they'll finally bring in Supergirl.

His eyes look like Match’s. I could see that being because the PZ is bringing out his Kryptonian heritage. And that background does look like the PZ with all the floating islands:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He still has the chest wound and lack of clothes, presumably from the blast.
    That's true. But Clark's very specific explanation of death to Jon and the character arcs BB and MM are going through right makes me feel like thematically if he's not actually dead and this isn't a chance to save his soul and give a final goodbye then it'll be some very odd writing in general-- but specifically for this show.

Then again, similar to how Wally replaced Barry as the Flash who died during an event, Conner could replace Clark as the Superman character who died and then came back.

But then again-again, Wally didn't come back like Barry eventually did and the show seems to be taking a hard stance on that. And Wally's death was even more ambiguous.

It's a toss up, but the arcs of the characters around him have me feeling like this is a chance to save him and say goodbye, but we'll see.