Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Wonder if they plan to make Livewire more important in HQ: TAS when that show returns?
    Probably. Livewire at least sometimes hung out with her in DCAU. Also that team has an interesting variety of powers. Harley, Zatanna, Vixen, Poison Ivy, and Livewire? Very different powers.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

If they bring back the Galactic Golem, which origin should be in canon?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    If they bring back the Galactic Golem, which origin should be in canon?
    Not the one where Lex makes him imo.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

605228DF-7B68-4B02-9C7D-E2D0CC5B4BE8.jpg

Quite the glo up… has anyone seen The Suicide Squad movie? How is Bloodsport’s characterization in it? Was he properly updated well enough that we could understand why this guy would be a Superman enemy? He seemed like kind of a nutcase from what I’ve seen of him in older comics. I kind of want to watch the movie based on the costume alone. And it’s funny, as I normally detest movies toning down costumes for realism’s sake… but methinks this does things better. (I mean you can’t go anywhere but upwards from a red mask with a black tank top, a bandolier, and camo pants…

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post

Quite the glo up… has anyone seen The Suicide Squad movie? How is Bloodsport’s characterization in it? Was he properly updated well enough that we could understand why this guy would be a Superman enemy? He seemed like kind of a nutcase from what I’ve seen of him in older comics. I kind of want to watch the movie based on the costume alone. And it’s funny, as I normally detest movies toning down costumes for realism’s sake… but methinks this does things better. (I mean you can’t go anywhere but upwards from a red mask with a black tank top, a bandolier, and camo pants…
    Bloodsport is fantastic, definitely one of the standouts of the movie. Not much about his relationship with Superman besides him putting Superman in the hospital however (probably because they couldn’t get Cavill). He has a lot of cool guns and gadgets in TSS. Personally been hoping we get a Black Label Superman book that retells the story of Superman and Bloodsport’s first meeting in modern continuity.

And yeah I totally prefer his movie costume over his comic costume as well

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post

Bloodsport is fantastic, definitely one of the standouts of the movie. Not much about his relationship with Superman besides him putting Superman in the hospital however (probably because they couldn’t get Cavill). He has a lot of cool guns and gadgets in TSS. Personally been hoping we get a Black Label Superman book that retells the story of Superman and Bloodsport’s first meeting in modern continuity.

And yeah I totally prefer his movie costume over his comic costume as well
    The old costume looks like a straight up GI Joe character. Which could be either a good thing or bad thing depending on your point of view, heh.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    The old costume looks like a straight up GI Joe character. Which could be either a good thing or bad thing depending on your point of view, heh.
    I think it’s meant to evoke Rambo, definitely feels like a product of the 80s

No clue if Venditti was inspired by Morrison’s take, but he’s namedropped Morrison as a personal favorite of his so I think it’s likely, but I like the idea of Brainiac as someone who is a “Last Son” as well, and is determined to never let what happened to Colu happen to anyone else. Brainiac wanting to “save” worlds as well, just doing it by putting them in stasis is actually a pretty cool way to make him a deeper foil to Superman.

Hmmm didn't she join team Supergirl? Or did that get continuity mangled out?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm didn't she join team Supergirl? Or did that get continuity mangled out?
    Was from the New 52 but got erased. As of Death Metal she’s back to her “classic” form. Just finished writing a post on how I’d like to see her used so I thought I’d share some art of her I found and used.

No clue if Venditti was inspired by Morrison’s take, but he’s namedropped Morrison as a personal favorite of his so I think it’s likely, but I like the idea of Brainiac as someone who is a “Last Son” as well, and is determined to never let what happened to Colu happen to anyone else. Brainiac wanting to “save” worlds as well, just doing it by putting them in stasis is actually a pretty cool way to make him a deeper foil to Superman.
    It's interesting giving Brainiac a believable and almost sympathetic motivation.
    I miss Silver Banshee.

Manchester Black and Mongul both had good showings today. Holding off on the Mongul page until later but Black:

Hasn’t gone soft just yet