Page 18 of 117 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    I have a lot of problems with this issue, although I was in a rush and read it very fast. OK I get there's no other way to restore M-Day victims' powers other than killing them and then transferring the mind to a healthy clone body. But why in the world do the victims need to duel Apocalypse to the death? What? Xavier can just knock them out so they don't feel pain, Wolverine kill them as quickly as possible, resurrect them and be done with it. The duel with Apocalypse in an arena had a horrific hazing vibe I'm not ok with.

And don't anyone have any objections to this?
    Kurt pretty much spent most of the issue telling us that there were objections and implies that Apocalypse somehow convinced the council to implement this. So we know some on the council opposed it, we know that Scott questions it, Sam definitely did not like it.

X and Mags just want everyone else to keep busy while they do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Re: The wills. I do want to see how wills that are essentially DNR orders get handled. I wonder if some on the council will see that as a wish that can't be honored, or if it gets shrugged off as "surrender".
    The wills also made me wonder if Monet actually wanted the Penance form after what I'm guessing was her first (off-panel) resurrection. Would be a very interesting decision for her.

OMG Dudes this issue has everything....Mutant positive dialogue, cute mutant kids, Creepy Exodus, Creepier Apocalypse, Cyclops extending that passive aggressive AF invite to wolverine, THIS is Mutant culture... THIS is World Building. I thought the explanations given throughout the dialogue was enough to move the story forward by revealing places to explore in the future. Can't wait to find out what's inside Kurt's Dream House.

It has moments it called back to Arthur Miller's play..first scene in a young women's bedroom, Burning witch, Men normally in charge now find themselves spectators while a controversial community wide decision is left up to someone else
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm guessing the people complaining aren't grasping the situation. The Crucible ritual shows that the applicant has the resolve to face death and acts as a control factor so a bunch of people just don't off themselves recklessly to get their powers back.
    There is many ways to control how people gonna be ressurrected. a violent ritual is what apocalypse wants

Im confused. Early on it was implied that resurrecting a mutant wouldnt restore their X-gene if they were depowered. It was specifically mentioned as an issue they would need to deal with. How and when was it dealt with?

As far as the ritual goes, it just seems like a big waste of time

Spectacular Member

What an issue. Kurt is dead right, everywhere you look around Krakoa there are Capital Q Questions and no simple answers.

1) Doug has secretly regrown Warlock with only Krakoa knowing about it and they sit around having convivial chats in the middle of the jungle? Or that's - not - actually 'Warlock' and Doug is doing the mentally hilarious mutant equivalent of a kid having a tea-party with their favourite dolly? It's also clear that Cyclops saw what we saw, but was very OOC in his willingness to forget about it straight away. Which may or may not have a connection to....

2) Krakoa, or someone working through Krakoa, is somehow able to visualise the House You Didn't Realise You Wanted and build it for you? That's.... spooky. If that Tower really was constructed according to Kurt's unconscious specifications (and it looks like it, as it's only accessible to teleporters) then someone has been rooting around in mutant brains in a way that's oddly reminiscent of Wanda's House of M dream-granting and the 'Nightcrawler Superstar' issues of House of X-Man. Is Krakoa telepathic? If so, could it also have made Cyclops 'disregard' and forget' what he saw in the Doug/Warlock panel? What else are the X-Men suspiciously unconcerned about?

3) I can see how the general idea for the Crucible might have got through the Quiet Council, but this specific mechanism is all kinds of WTF!?!? Yes, just waiting around for huge numbers of former mutants to reach the conclusion that Resurrection = Repowering so Suicide = Queue Jump would have been dereliction of their duty as Krakoa's Governing body, and they had to do something to get ahead of the curve, but quite how we get from acknowledging the need for a plan to ritual sacrifice via the Savage Sword of En Sabah Nur is waaaaaaaaaay too Evil Cult That Conan Would Totally Bring An End To for my gentle disposition. Which may or may not have a connection to.....

4) Apocalypse sure is making himself the centre of a few very important aspects of nascent Krakoan mysticism, isn't he? Mutant Magic over in Excalibur, Crucible here, and it's only a matter of time before the whole Arakko and the Lost Horsemen vs the Demons of Maybe-Limbo story smashes full-pelt into the cosy paradise the mutants think they're living in. I notice the Big Blue Buddha has made zero effort to seek the advice/knowledge/experience of Krakoa's eponymous Mistress of the Mystic Arts. Funny that, isn't it?

5) Okay, here and in the X/FF Crossover there's so much nudge-nudge, wink-wink going on with the idea of the extended Summers Family being in a big, roly-poly poly thing that it's starting to bore me. I really don't care about or for the idea and the only interesting bit is how firmly and wordlessly the ridiculous Logan/Ororo Love-weld from Aaron's godawful WATXM disaster has been heel-ground into Krakoa's soil.

6) I wonder what Xavier was supposed to be 'thinking' about that necessitated his traditional I'm totally using my vast psychic powers to do something here pose just as it looked like Melody's enthusiasm for getting beaten to death by the Darwinian super-villain seemed to be ebbing and various non-crazy mutants in the crowd were showing signs of wanting to get involved. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

7) Those Wills. Mmmmmmmm, I wonder where the mutants who wrote them got the idea of Resurrection being a production line for an 'improved' mutant race?

8) Did anyone else get flashbacks to the creepy Homo-Novomus techno-organic Cult from HOX/POX with the whole Crucible ritual? I do like the way Hickman seeds his stories.

9) The mutant-supremacist rhetoric is getting more and more mainstream on Krakoa. This will - not - end well.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There is many ways to control how people gonna be ressurrected. a violent ritual is what apocalypse wants
    He wants to look as a savior, to reinforce his power and have the love of the mutants.

I doubt that Xavier and Magneto enhance that much their image…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

So much in this issue, this really felt like a continuation of HoX/PoX.

Religious Kurt is my least favourite Kurt, but I can see why he is perfect for the part. And his philosophical and theological questions over Krakoa are in character.
    The cathedral, as it clearly is, of the mutant religion showed up in PoX, on the tarot cards along with Rasputin and Cardinal (Cardinal was when I first wondered if this would be Kurt’s role). I’m guessing when he’s ready to open it up, the building will become accessible to others. It being the building of his dreams is creepy, I still don't trust Krakoa.
    It will also end up as the lightning struck tower.

Kurt (and I’m guessing Jean and Ororo) objected to The Crucible in The Silent Council, and was overruled. Good, any other choice would be dreadful characterisation.

Panem et circenses - the arena type set up of The Crucible is disturbing, right up to having someone whispering in Charles’ ear. Clearly Hickman wants this to be unsettling and ritualistic and alien. Boy, is it.

Yay for Doug and Warlock! It’s been too, too long.
    Yay for Kurt’s thinking vantage point, I knew he’d want to be somewhere up high.

I’m sure I’ll have more to add...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im confused. Early on it was implied that resurrecting a mutant wouldnt restore their X-gene if they were depowered. It was specifically mentioned as an issue they would need to deal with. How and when was it dealt with?

Early on when?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

We now know that the problem they had to deal with was not the technical aspect, but the one of "We cannot allow millions of depowered mutants to commit suicide at once."

BANNED

its over the top. BUT the idea of a ceremony that makes sure the person is clear headed, focused and truly wants to be part of the community it while celebrating their rebirth is a good idea, but maybe a track run or series of hard chalenges would have been better lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    its over the top. BUT the idea of a ceremony that makes sure the person is clear headed, focused and truly wants to be part of the community it while celebrating their rebirth is a good idea, but maybe a track run or series of hard chalenges would have been better lol
    Apocalypse will never miss the opportunity to be unnecessarily hammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Let Forge organize a triathlon competition.

I don't see why the Five wouldnt be able to repower a mutant. They have Elixir and Proteus. And whatever Xavier has in that helmet of his.

Spectacular Member

1. What if the depowered mutant is not worthy are they not reborn?
    2. How do you have to fight to fight for something you didn't ask to loose?