Page 19 of 117 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

The lover of magico-religious systems in me is loving this! Between this early Crucible ritual and Kurt's declaration at the end, I see this as potentially the beginning of not only an exoteric mutant religion but an esoteric Mystery Religion for the Initiated.

A modern, mutant version of things like the Eleusinian, Dionysian, or Orphic Mysteries.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Roman_mysteries

And, yeah, there's a throuple going on here for those not swimming in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I don't see why the Five wouldnt be able to repower a mutant. They have Elixir and Proteus. And whatever Xavier has in that helmet of his.
    Introduce DNA with the mutant gene activated and forcing it to be expressed in an adult is probably, if possible even, much more painful than being killed and resurrected.

Like, it would be a change of gene expression in all the cells of your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    He wants to look as a savior, to reinforce his power and have the love of the mutants.

I doubt that Xavier and Magneto enhance that much their image…
    Apocalypse has his own plans and he might turn against magneto and charles

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    1. What if the depowered mutant is not worthy are they not reborn?
    2. How do you have to fight to fight for something you didn't ask to loose?
    What about all the kids on the bus?

I don't see why the Five wouldnt be able to repower a mutant. They have Elixir and Proteus. And whatever Xavier has in that helmet of his.
    Elixir hasn’t been able to repower anyone before and we don’t know if Proteus can. Cerebro most definitely can’t do Xavier can’t do anything

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    What about all the kids on the bus?
    There’s a queue for who gets brought back and I’d imagine they aren’t at the top of the list

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im confused. Early on it was implied that resurrecting a mutant wouldnt restore their X-gene if they were depowered. It was specifically mentioned as an issue they would need to deal with. How and when was it dealt with?

As far as the ritual goes, it just seems like a big waste of time
    yep the fights waste time for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    I have a lot of problems with this issue, although I was in a rush and read it very fast. OK I get there's no other way to restore M-Day victims' powers other than killing them and then transferring the mind to a healthy clone body. But why in the world do the victims need to duel Apocalypse to the death? What? Xavier can just knock them out so they don't feel pain, Wolverine kill them as quickly as possible, resurrect them and be done with it. The duel with Apocalypse in an arena had a horrific hazing vibe I'm not ok with.

And don't anyone have any objections to this? Even if Xavier and Magneto are Apocalypse's biggest fans now for some reason, I just can't imagine say Warren Worthington being ok with all this. (For that matter, while they explained the restoration of Wolvie's adamantium they haven't explained why Beast, Archangel, and especially Cyclops don't revert to being non-blue and not needing a visor now there's no brain damage respectively, although I concede Xavier may have lost copies of Beast and Archangel's pre-blue DNA)
    Dude think a little the answer is obvious.

Of course, many including Scott, Wolverine, Kurt and others have doubts or were against but so what?

Since when have personal opinions prevailed over a nation's needs or solved logistical and resource problems? And why should their opinion prevail over the Krakoa government? As long as there is an option to choose the X-men cannot go against the board's decision.

In a single action they temporarily solved the problem of the millions of mutants who wanted to regain their powers at a time when the 5 could not easily do so. They created a ritual where these mutants who would get their powers back should overcome their traumas and weaknesses instead of simply receiving a gift for doing nothing creating a feeling of communion and faith. In an imperfect world I would say that for something improvised in the face of the problem they did very well .

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

To be fair, they never explain what effects Wanda's reality warping have on the bodies of depowered mutants. Maybe the combined power of Elixir, Proteus and Hope can't bypass it without having side effects or killing the mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There is many ways to control how people gonna be ressurrected. a violent ritual is what apocalypse wants
    Like what?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Sweet, sweet Aero is back.

Hickman is becoming my favorite X-writer.
    His Kurt is exquisite.
    This was captivating, provocative, thought-provoking, beautiful, glorious, chilling, triumphant, and masterful. Melody is gorgeous and the Guthrie’s deserved this spotlight.

With each issue, Hickman is answering our questions while creating 10 more. Weaving a gigantic world for us. M-day is being addressed. The wills? Sounds fascinating.

This issue will obviously cause quite a stir and as loyal X-Fans, we deserve no less.

I’m so happy and I’m here for the ride.

(Nice to see my boy Ric on the island. And I look forward to the Logan/Scott baywatch giant-sized speedo sex adventure. Yum.)
    I agree this is the best issue by far, I thought House of X# 5 was the zenith but this ,this is just beyond amazing.It is unsettling as well.I beleive this is the beginning of the end for Krakoa right here. This is some crazy Nazi like ubermensch dogma, that led to unspeakable horrors. You cannot base a society on such a suicidal notion.All the mutants who go through the crucible are absolute fanatics.Scary ...The children of the vault look like a church choir compared to this!

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone feel really bad for Scarlet Witch with this issue? She was very sick and she never asked for any of that to happen. And now she's being turned into a villain? Why? Because she's an easy target.

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    1. What if the depowered mutant is not worthy are they not reborn?
    2. How do you have to fight to fight for something you didn't ask to loose?
    1. If they are not worthy they are not killed. Being worthy is literally reaching the end, Apocalypse tells her that at any moment she can give up and she will be healed and will return to her home. I mean, maybe some human without powers defeats Apocalypse in a duel of swords but seems incredibly unlikely.

2. They are not fighting to be mutants again, they are fighting to get ahead of all dead mutants. Basically, fighting, you show that you "deserve" to be resurrected before all the people of Genosha because you are willing to defend Krakoa. The moral problem is that, it is selfish to want to be resurrected with your powers when you are already alive and there are many other dead mutants waiting for their turn. The ritual is the "way" of earning you the privilege of going first.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Does anyone feel really bad for Scarlet Witch with this issue? She was very sick and she never asked for any of that to happen. And now she's being turned into a villain? Why? Because she's an easy target.
    Welp, that's Disney's and Bendis' fault. Life's ruff.
    "Cable was right!"

That was Doom fault, but women are always responsible and Doom is a Hickman fave

BANNED

nope, she abused her powers to get babies from a machine and a million people suffered over it/

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Like what?
    Queue sorted out by lucky. If a person kill itself, they go to the end of line