Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Why Doesn't The Main Avengers Title Only Include the MCU Heroes?

Marvel, logic called, they want to be used again.

It's no secret that every since ANADM, Avengers-line is seriously struggling ocmpared to Hickman or Bendis era.

So why is Marvel not trying to fix it and keep creating a team that will undoubtedly get remade after a short run? Seirously, just make an Avengers book with a rotating cast mostly consisting of MCU heroes. And this is coming from a person who doesn't actually want MCU synergy but it obviously makes the most sense.

The current volume has been one of those "forcably shipped free copies" kind of series and it's still not doing well. I'm just frustrated when there are tons of clear answers to get out of a sticky situation and the person/people/group/company in charge decides to derp

Also, please have an artist that doesn't mae understanding what's going on a big challenge. Are you actually expecting a completely new reader to be impressed with Del Mundo's art?

I have a feeling that once the Infinity War movie comes out the Avengers line-up will change to reflect movie synergy.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

They tried the MCU approach with Bendis' Avengers Assemble (with Thanos as villain to boot) and it failed.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Invincible Member

That's what the Avengers Assemble comic was supposed to be I thought.

I think a more interesting question might be why they never did the rumored MCU line of comics?

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    They tried the MCU approach with Bendis' Avengers Assemble (with Thanos as villain to boot) and it failed.
    It did? I really enjoyed it. The roster didn't stay unchanged anyway. At least not for long.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I'm kind of surprised to see that synergy hasn't effected the Avengers rosters that much, maybe moreso just the general prominence of certain characters as they get their own solo's in time for a movie appearance.

The last time I recall a movie effecting visibly effecting the rosters were the Twins and Vision being on Remender's last Uncanny Avengers roster around the time of Age of Ultron (and then, obviously, in the Rage of Ultron novel).

Though I guess as much as Marvel caters to synergy, they're also equally concerned with promoting their legacies and minority heroes, as is the case in a lot of the ANAD Avengers rosters.

Which left the cartoons to pick up the the slack on promoting all the main MCU heroes (and Ms. Marvel) except War Machine, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver .

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    It did? I really enjoyed it. The roster didn't stay unchanged anyway. At least not for long.
    That's because Marvel NOW! hit, and the book got retooled to become a side story book. The main six were very busy but the Avengers lineup at the time was something like 20 members!

Because either: 1) The book would be boring as hell , 2) With what's happening to most of the characters in that MCU lineup, it really isn't possible and 3) They already tried that and I'm pretty sure sales were horrible.

And what lineup would be that? First we had the 6 from the first movie... Then Wanda, Quicksilver and Vision came(well, Pietro didn't really made it, but he actually was used on the book for sinergy lol), then on Civil War there's both these and Falcon and War Machine on the team, minus Thor, Hulk and Hawkeye.

But then Hawkeye and Ant-Man come for the conflict. But then because of the Civil War they're still divided in two teams. Spidey, Bucky and Black Panther weren't Avengers but they were in the movie. And then on the next one/two movies, pretty much the whole MCU cast is gonna show up.

Also, when there are a lot of Avengers books, usually at least ONE famous Avenger has to be on each. We had Iron Man, Vision and versions of Cap and Thor on ANAD. Steve(and to a lesser extent Pietro) on Uncanny, even Hawkeye on New Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Marvel, logic called, they want to be used again.

It's no secret that every since ANADM, Avengers-line is seriously struggling ocmpared to Hickman or Bendis era.

So why is Marvel not trying to fix it and keep creating a team that will undoubtedly get remade after a short run? Seirously, just make an Avengers book with a rotating cast mostly consisting of MCU heroes. And this is coming from a person who doesn't actually want MCU synergy but it obviously makes the most sense.

The current volume has been one of those "forcably shipped free copies" kind of series and it's still not doing well. I'm just frustrated when there are tons of clear answers to get out of a sticky situation and the person/people/group/company in charge decides to derp

Also, please have an artist that doesn't mae understanding what's going on a big challenge. Are you actually expecting a completely new reader to be impressed with Del Mundo's art?
    On the one hand, fans constantly cry that Marvel is always trying to cater to the movie audience.

Then they also cry that Marvel doesn't do enough to line up the comics with the movies.

As for how the current Avengers is doing compared to the Bendis and Hickman runs, let's take a moment to remember that both of those runs had fans bitching from start to finish about how much they sucked. And as usual, once something is over and a new thing has taken it's place, everyone is suddenly now a fan of the old thing.

As for it "still not doing well", unless you're a Marvel insider with full access to sales data, I'm afraid your take on The Avengers' fortunes amounts to speculation, not fact.

And why can't a new reader be impressed with Del Mundo's art? Does every new reader have to have shitty taste and not appreciate great art?

Don't worry about what Marvel is doing with The Avengers. They have better ideas on how to handle it than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    And what lineup would be that? First we had the 6 from the first movie... Then Wanda, Quicksilver and Vision came(well, Pietro didn't really made it, but he actually was used on the book for sinergy lol), then on Civil War there's both these and Falcon and War Machine on the team, minus Thor, Hulk and Hawkeye.

But then Hawkeye and Ant-Man come for the conflict. But then because of the Civil War they're still divided in two teams. Spidey, Bucky and Black Panther weren't Avengers but they were in the movie. And then on the next one/two movies, pretty much the whole MCU cast is gonna show up.

Also, when there are a lot of Avengers books, usually at least ONE famous Avenger has to be on each. We had Iron Man, Vision and versions of Cap and Thor on ANAD. Steve(and to a lesser extent Pietro) on Uncanny, even Hawkeye on New Avengers.
    Easy...All of them... Hickman line up had 18 people... Don't see why that can't still be the cases

Captain America
    Thor
    Ironman
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Falcon
    Vision
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Ant-Man
    Wasp
    Black Panther
    Captain Marvel
    Spider-Man
    Wolverine (whenever he comes back)

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Easy...All of them... Hickman line up had 18 people... Don't see why that can't still be the cases

Captain America
    Thor
    Ironman
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Falcon
    Vision
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Ant-Man
    Wasp
    Black Panther
    Captain Marvel
    Spider-Man
    Wolverine (whenever he comes back)
    Ah no thank you. I don't want arc villains appearing more than the actual cast, with half of the people appearing every once in a while for two pages or a wallpaper appearance.

Y'know, I'd kind of like to see what Waid or Ewing could do on a book focused on the more traditional A-listers (AKA the MCU heroes not counting Spider-Man).

I could see them delivering a EMH-quality book with that cast and using them well (though I don't think Ewing would want to do it).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Ah no thank you. I don't want arc villains appearing more than the actual cast, with half of the people appearing every once in a while for two pages or a wallpaper appearance.
    But the Hickman line up worked, everyone had something to do and the run itself was a phenomenal and epic run. I miss it so very much.

Looking at todays Avengers book: They are just a shadow of former glory, especially when you compare them to the Hickman run.

Uncanny Avengers is the best of them but not nearly where they were 2 years ago in terms of quality writing, story and even in the art department.
    New Avengers is a joke with mainly stupid characters I could not care less about.
    And the main Avengers run is sort of OK but I don't like the art of Del Mundo and I don't like the 2 separate stories. As glad as I am to see the real Captain America I can't really connect to that run, mainly because of how Hawkeye is portrayed and because of the twins.

I am really struggling with nearly every Marvel book right now and I used to have a pull-list of 30 or more series. Nowadays nearly every series I try to get into is just boring and you can really feel how Marvel is just trying to milk the cow and get a few number 1 issues out there (looking at the solo runs of my much loved Guardians) instead of writing epic story-arcs like the one Hickman did. Oh sure we had Civil War 2 but lets be honest, I just want to forget that the worst of all marvel events ever happend.

My hopes are with the new Guardians book but seeing what marvel is doing right now I have my doubts already before it launched.
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    On the one hand, fans constantly cry that Marvel is always trying to cater to the movie audience.

Then they also cry that Marvel doesn't do enough to line up the comics with the movies.

As for how the current Avengers is doing compared to the Bendis and Hickman runs, let's take a moment to remember that both of those runs had fans bitching from start to finish about how much they sucked. And as usual, once something is over and a new thing has taken it's place, everyone is suddenly now a fan of the old thing.

As for it "still not doing well", unless you're a Marvel insider with full access to sales data, I'm afraid your take on The Avengers' fortunes amounts to speculation, not fact.

And why can't a new reader be impressed with Del Mundo's art? Does every new reader have to have shitty taste and not appreciate great art?

Don't worry about what Marvel is doing with The Avengers. They have better ideas on how to handle it than you do.
    I knew, like I knew for sure that a comment like this would come from you. So I'm not gonna bother caring enough to respond fully since you'll just keep being a white knight till the eternity.