Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Can you cite some data to support your claim that most of them are rich? I very much doubt that. Socially inept people have a hard time in the jobs market too. Besides, there are plenty of women out there who will hold their nose and put up with a hell of a lot for sufficient money.
    Case in point: Melania Trump. Or did anyone think she latched onto the Donald because of his smashing good looks?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Can you cite some data to support your claim that most of them are rich? I very much doubt that. Socially inept people have a hard time in the jobs market too. Besides, there are plenty of women out there who will hold their nose and put up with a hell of a lot for sufficient money.
    Serious question, do you not like women? I don't mean in any kind of sexual sense, I mean, just complete disregard and disdain for women. I'm genuinely curious because your comments here really make me think that's the case
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    Serious question, do you not like women? I don't mean in any kind of sexual sense, I mean, just complete disregard and disdain for women. I'm genuinely curious because your comments here really make me think that's the case
    ?? I'm not sure Trey Stain has said anything anti-female?

Its the phrasing and how he wants to paint mouth breathers in a sympathetic light

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Invincible Member

Its the phrasing and how he wants to paint mouth breathers in a sympathetic light
    I don't think he was painting them as sympathetic, he was questioning the idea that most of them were rich, which I do too. Sexism and misogyny cut across all class lines.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't think he was painting them as sympathetic, he was questioning the idea that most of them were rich, which I do too. Sexism and misogyny cut across all class lines.
    Not their economic status, he referred to them as "damaged"

Incredible Member

Not their economic status, he referred to them as "damaged"
    Because they are. Just because you acknowledge that doesn't mean you sympathy with their actions.

They were socially inept, and the wages of social ineptitude is celibacy. They may not have been virgins, but they were flops with women.
    Did that matter? Pretty sure they weren't virgins. They were banging each other out right?
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

What are you talking about? I said that more than a few women are attracted to hoodlums, and that more than a few will marry men for their money. It's much easier for hoodlums and the rich to establish relationships with women than it is for men who are socially inept to do it. Of course it is.

Those are facts. You don't have to like them, or even admit that they're obviously true, but don't claim that a person who states them has "complete disdain for women." That's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-28-2018 at 01:29 AM.

BANNED

I don't hate those people. Hating people is a bad thing. Seething with anger toward people is bad too.

If they can get early intervention that prevents their destructive behavior, then we should give it to them. It might be more fun and more satisfying to play Whack-A-Mole and knock them down with righteous rage when they pop up, but it would be much better to stop them from popping up in the first place.

Astonishing Member

I don't hate those people. Hating people is a bad thing. Seething with anger toward people is bad too.

If they can get early intervention that prevents their destructive behavior, then we should give it to them. It might be more fun and more satisfying to play Whack-A-Mole and knock them down with righteous rage when they pop up, but it would be much better to stop them from popping up in the first place.
    How about you spend less time 'reaching out' to these wastes of vital organs and more time sympathizing with their victims?

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Because they are. Just because you acknowledge that doesn't mean you sympathy with their actions.
    No, they aren't. Because you don't date as often as you want to does not make you, in any way, damaged.

What are you talking about? I said that more than a few women are attracted to hoodlums, and that more than a few will marry men for their money. It's much easier for hoodlums and the rich to establish relationships with women than it is for men who are socially inept to do it. Of course it is.

Those are facts. You don't have to like them, or even admit that they're obviously true, but don't claim that a person who states them has "complete disdain for women." That's ridiculous.
    I asked a question because of how you set up this thread and this constant "we need to help these poor men attitude".

Incredible Member

No, they aren't. Because you don't date as often as you want to does not make you, in any way, damaged.
    We aren't talking about people who have hit a dry spell. We 're talking about people so socially ept that they have trouble establishing meaningful real life relationships.That hints at deeper personal problems.

So yea,damaged.
    Last edited by Baseman; 04-28-2018 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    We aren't talking about people who have hit a dry spell. We 're talking about people so socially ept that they have trouble establishing meaningful real life relationships.That hints at deeper personal problems.

So yea,damaged.
    So does all the hate they spew on the internet...but who's keeping track right?