Page 80 of 187 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2791
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So Starman's death was reported on the newspaper and specifically named Icicle as the one who killed him. It's a Civic City newspaper so that means the JSA HQ was in Philly. So Pat flew Countney to Philly back in episode 3.

Poor Sir Justin...it was so sad finally seeing what happened to him. This courageous and steadfast knight turned into a doddering, confused, mess who can only grasp at the memories of his past and his former glory. It seems like Dragon King might have subjected him to the same kind of conditioning he did to his slaves. What happened to Winged Victory ?

Let this be a lesson to the Seven Soldiers of Victory, never let friends go in alone on dangerous missions to hunt down practical cult leaders. Granted, depending on the timing, Pat might not have been in any state to help Justin, but he probably would've tried.

So the big bomb finally dropped that, no, Starman was never Courtney's father and she never had this grand legacy she was upholding, which makes her think she was just this deluded teenager obsessing over a heritage that wasn't real on a crusade that's hurt more people than it helped. It's no wonder she couldn't use the staff.

I think Brainwave is close to being the most depraved member of the Injustice Society. I mean, as bad as Jordan is, at least he has his humanity and Ito is more upfront with himself, but being able to walk away from murdering your own wife and son and then talk about killing a girl and her whole family...this dude is a monster. I guess it didn't help that he ended up killing the only things that humanized him, leaving him with nothing but his powers and the ISA's goals.

Sam almost had me fooled into thinking this version of him was on the up-and-up with Courtney up until he started talking about the locket and I realized he only came there to get the locket so he could sell them for money. So, yeah, Courtney's father is a dirtbag and I'm glad she realized it when he asked about the lockets instead of believing he would really use the money for them. And then he goes and makes a comment about Barbara looking better when he "had" her. He utterly deserved that punch in the face from Pat. Frikkin'. Duggan .

Brainwave made Supervillain mistake 101, rubbing it in the heroes faces which then motivates them to find their true resolve. Granted, he wants her to come after him so he can kill her, so I guess he's not too bothered about it even if it will ultimately be the ISA's undoing. Although I think Yolanda wants first dibs.

The Staff never cared that Courtney wasn't Starman or wasn't related to Sylvester, all that mattered was her belief in herself and her potential to do good. And Courtney finding that belief with the help of her mom and her real dad helped her seemingly unlock the true power of the Cosmic Staff, and thus finally truly becoming Stargirl.

I'm glad Jordan learned the important lesson from 10 years ago to never leave anyone alive, since that's basically what got them into this mess. And he confirms it by saying he's willing to kill a little boy. That's cold, Icicle .
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- I really have to wonder what Hourman was able to figure out - he doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the cookie jar...
    I'm kind of getting tired of Rick's bad attitude. I get there's a point behind it, but his being so gung-ho to attack Justin and disbelieving him just rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm glad he didn't care that Courtney wasn't really related to Starman like he is to Hourman.
    -- Is it me, or does Sir Justin give anyone else major Crispin Glover vibes? Despite what the farmer said at the beginning, I don't think Justin's that old. (I mean, he's centuries old but the actor looks younger than the guy who called him old, despite the grizzled beard) Maybe he'll get a shave next ep. Will Pat fashion him some new armor based on car parts??
    I don't think Shining Knight's best years are truly behind him, especially when he still has excalibur.

Fantastic Member

I found myself scrolling through and skipping from time to time in this episode...Brainwave jr is dead as a door knob and we are left with these boring underpowered characters...the writing of the dad was 80s level sitcom with the dad returning ..acting cool..then sharing his true intentions. Its a shame when you are watching a show about star girl waiting for jade, obsidian, jakeem etc to show up.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ser Justin is such a great character. My heart broke at his delivery of "they've destroyed everything I was". Also the imagery of the "Dragon" King as his nemesis.

Rick calling him a freak pissed me off, but it fits Rick's James Hurley "I'm the only one in the world with any problems and I want to get on my bike and go" attitude. I love Rick, don't get me wrong- but that was such a douche bag thing to say to someone who is clearly hurting and lost. Never punch down, Rick! Always punch UP.

Terrific episode, I "hate" when that 45 minute mark rolls around and we have to wait a whole 'nother week for more!

Courtney coming to terms with who she is, and that you do not need to be some bloodline or 'chosen one' to be empowered. You can just be powerful as who you are. Ser Justin, a man who was close to freakin' King Arthur himself, seeing that moment and noting the significance of it was rad. The Queen Has Risen", indeed.

I'll also echo peoples' praise of Luke Wilson. He brings so much to this role. Pat feels a lot like his character in Royal Tenenbaums, grown up and with more of lifes' road behind him. A true mensch.

Also don't sleep on Barbara, she finally has more stuff to do and she's quickly becoming another favourite of mine.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-28-2020 at 05:56 AM.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I figured that Courtney would learn the truth and then question herself and her mission eventually. I just thought it would happen in season two or the dad would show up to leave season one on a cliffhanger ending. It played out exactly as I thought it would just way sooner than I expected.

The episode being called Shining Knight clearly has a double meaning for Justin as well as Pat being Court's shining knight and standing up for her when douche dad was bailing again.

Brec Bassinger did an emotional tour de force in this episode kudos to her for her performance as well as (and so many of us have said this ad nauseum but truth is truth) Luke f'n Wilson is just slaying this role episode in and episode out. Really hope his presence is not diminished in season two.

Felt for Mike too. My heart ached when he said "what did I do wrong" just...wow.

And again the actor playing Icicle straddles that line between caring father, upstanding citizen to ruthless psycho so well. And again we get more evidence to point to the fact that the ISA will be responsible for their own downfall with their infighting and posturing.

Can't wait for next week's episode.

So here is my problem.

The ISA needs Brainwave to power their mind control device (because of course, if it's a DC show on the CW, it has to have a mind control plot). And he's spent most of this season in a coma thanks to Courtney. And now that Brainwave Jr. is dead, the only person left to power the machine is Brainwave.

So they send HIM to kill the girl who put him into a coma in the first place, back when she really didn't know what the hell she was doing.

NO. You send Icicle to kill Courtney and her family. He's the biggest threat who has held his own and killed people all season.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So here is my problem.

The ISA needs Brainwave to power their mind control device (because of course, if it's a DC show on the CW, it has to have a mind control plot). And he's spent most of this season in a coma thanks to Courtney. And now that Brainwave Jr. is dead, the only person left to power the machine is Brainwave.

So they send HIM to kill the girl who put him into a coma in the first place, back when she really didn't know what the hell she was doing.

NO. You send Icicle to kill Courtney and her family. He's the biggest threat who has held his own and killed people all season.
    I don't think Jordan could do it himself. Kill the woman he has feelings for and her daughter who his son has a crush on? It was just enough for him to budge on letting Brainwave do it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So here is my problem.

Brainwave sent himself to go kill Courtney and her family. It was his idea.

I like how the ISA has been depicted all season - they're allies but they don't trust each other (other than Sportsmaster and Tigress who are totally in sync), barely like each other, and several members could vie for leadership at any moment.

I wonder if Icicle's "New America" will actually be a paradise for Brainwave in that the people will be so altered that when he's exposed to their thoughts, it won't be so torturous for him as we saw in the video tapes when his powers were emerging.

Knowing how much of the ISA don't like each other it makes me wonder why even have a portrait.

With two episodes left I wonder if they will tie up any loose ends like what did Dragon King want the Wizard's body for and Thunderbolt still being in the pen.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Pretty sure the portrait was just commissioned without them being present. Imagine getting Grundy to stand for that?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

The ISA is society with the same goal, so while they may not like each other they all share a bond. They're like a fraternity of wealthy right wing supervillains.

Having a giant portrait on the wall is a very 'wealthy right wing supervillain' thing to do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The ISA is society with the same goal, so while they may not like each other they all share a bond. They're like a fraternity of wealthy right wing supervillains.

Having a giant portrait on the wall is a very 'wealthy right wing supervillain' thing to do.
    But killing someone for pollution like Icicle did is not.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    But killing someone for pollution like Icicle did is not.
    It's not? I never thought Icicle wanted the planet to die. There will be no planet left to have an authoritarian regime on, once the planet starts dying.

All the villains are great, but Icicle especially. The dude is such a complex enemy.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-28-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Jordan could do it himself. Kill the woman he has feelings for and her daughter who his son has a crush on? It was just enough for him to budge on letting Brainwave do it.
    But he's okay with sanctioning the hit on the kid brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Brainwave sent himself to go kill Courtney and her family. It was his idea.
    Yeah, that's when you tell him no, remind him that he's an essential part of the plan, that she beat him once, and then you send someone else.