Page 118 of 827 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 12392
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I don't think Jaime would have become as popular as he is now if that were the case. He'd just be an ethnic Ted Kord. Reyes became a fan favorite because of the alien connections, cool visuals, unique power set and being a relateable non angsty teen. He felt different from his predecessors and as such managed to get his own fanbase, surpassing his predecessors in popularity (something his contemporaries Jason Rusch and Ryan Choi, weren't able to do).
    Let list what Jason had to deal with that Jaime avoided.

1) replacing a guy who had 100 issue series.
    2) replacing a guy with 2 years on Superfriends
    3) A storyline (Brightest Day) derailed by New 52. After he was active in a few minis following Identity Crisis.
    4) Member of the BET Justice League by McDuffie that so many trolls fought to derail.
    5) A new 52 book DERAILED from the start because Gail nor Ethan wanted to do it. And they only did it out of spite. While Jason look decent in the first volume-he got tossed aside for Ronnie in later volumes.
    6) Dc hired RONNIE'S creator to get rid of Jason. LOL Conway thought Jason was from the 90s. Never mind Ronnie was in 3 versions of Justice League & The Power Company from 1993-2006.
    7) as we saw in DC's Nuclear Special-Firestorm does NOT include him.
    And finally everybody who invested in Jason is no longer working at Dc Comics. His main writers are either no longer in comics (Jolley & Stuart Moore) or deceased McDuffie.

Much like with MANY characters at DC-New 52 derailed anything that was being done with Jason.

And where is these books that starred angsty & unrelatable teens named Jason Rusch or Ryan Choi?

One of the crazy things about this Tumblr situation is it's got people going back to Newgrounds, in such a high number the site has been crashing, and I swear the last time I even heard Newgrounds be mentioned I must've been in grade school. And of course as others have mentioned the bots seem to just be flagging things at random and this will really only hurt people like artists who now have to cultivate a following on a new site.

If anyone is interested in Black spirituality or mythological/folklore characters, I'm doing trading cards of various figures and giving them out for free as part of my Kickstarter campaign. Here are 4 of the cards, including my character, the son of Anansi the Spider.

I'm planning on making 9 cards to give out if we reach the stretch goal.

Here's the link. You can get a physical copy of the book for just $5, plus shipping.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...of-rawhead-and
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Straight from Tumblr website

so it sounds like clicking the share button gives you optinos.

But who the hell would have the balls to first hit "share" on CP????

sounds ludicrous. How bad was this issue that it wasn't snuffed out as fast as possible??
    Damn bruh, you just threw a spirit bomb of real talk out there, I wasn't aware of any of that ****, that's brutal. I mean, I've seen some sick **** on Tumblr, caused me to do a thousand yard stare and slowly close the app and wasn't even looking for it but nothing like that. My only skin in the game is an occasional nsfw vid of Victoria Cakes. I think these major socials came out the gate being largely disingenuous. It's not like we don't have a precedent set with the scumbag chat-rooms and early usenet platforms from back in the day. You know having a diverse staff is not just about putting a black face somewhere for the sake of it. Minorities have certain understandings regarding perceptions that the larger group doesn't see or don't want to see. There's an old Chappelle joke (pre-Chappelle show) about 'Black people know penalties'. Best believe that's not a context limited to black interests either. Facebook poisoned a United States election and for a cherry on top breached gigs worth of personal data. Twitter IS JUST NOW, and c'mon not even really, starting to use the ban hammer or a lot of vile speech. My only real social that I rock with everyday is IG and I'm averaging about 3 Russian bot follows a day. A week later they are gone but I'm just an ass hair away from the wife misplacing her phone (which is often!), picking up mine to call hers and seeing an alert at the top saying 'Anistsia Rokmonodick is now following you' and it being a whole thing. It really is the Wild Wild West on some front but if it's that rampant... swipe it clean then I guess. We know here at the CBR how that **** goes. Some other app is gonna explode with new communities for sho, not sure what that is though.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Anyone here interested in seeing the Lion King remake?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I understand the reasoning behind it. Jungle Book nearly made a billion dollars, it was really good, so it make sense that they would remake one of their most popular films. Though I wish that they would concentrate on making something original, or remaking films that didn't do well the first time, like Treasure Planet or Black Cauldron, rather than remakes of already popular movies, or movies where they make fun of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I understand the reasoning behind it. Jungle Book nearly made a billion dollars, it was really good, so it make sense that they would remake one of their most popular films.
    Yeah but they'd already been on the "live action remake" train for a while before Jungle Book (not that JB and Lion King are live action...just a different form of animation).
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

My wife is.

She liked Cinderella, liked Beauty in the Beast, wants to see Dumbo and Lion King. And she was exicted by the Alladan tease. when they remake Little Mermaid she will probably be one of the first in line.

She grew up watching that stuff over and over.

These shows obviously have a market. (duh they make bookoo money).

I see 100% nothing wrong with it. Just telling a story using a different visual style.

I don't personally give a hoot but I was never really into the Disney stuff when I was a kid other than being traumatized by the Lion King and Alladan video games because I never got past certain points and having to take the rental back in 3 days. ...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Yeah but they'd already been on the "live action remake" train for a while before Jungle Book (not that JB and Lion King are live action...just a different form of animation).
    People forget Alice and Wonderland remake made a billion dollars in 2010 because the sequel bombed so hard after lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't personally give a hoot but I was never really into the Disney stuff when I was a kid other than being traumatized by the Lion King and Alladan video games because I never got past certain points and having to take the rental back in 3 days. ...
    I was thinking the other day about how few of the so called "classic" animated Disney movies I've actually seen: Lion King, Aladdin, Bambi, Dumbo...I think Pinocchio waaaay back. Little Mermaid. That might be about it. I did find a bootleg copy of Song of the South that I haven't watched yet. Just want to see how racist it is...morbid curiosity, I guess.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I dunno, I feel no excitement for the re-telling. I loved the LK when I was a kid, but if that Beauty and the Beast live-action was any indication, they're not going to do anything original with the story. I watched Gus Van Saint's shot-for-shot remake of Psycho a few years back, and it was just pointless. If you're not going to differentiate the telling, then what's the point? I'd rather go see the stage version of Lion King again, because that had enough alterations to the source materiel to totally be its own thing.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If anyone is interested in Black spirituality or mythological/folklore characters, I'm doing trading cards of various figures and giving them out for free as part of my Kickstarter campaign. Here are 4 of the cards, including my character, the son of Anansi the Spider.

I'm planning on making 9 cards to give out if we reach the stretch goal.

Here's the link. You can get a physical copy of the book for just $5, plus shipping.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...of-rawhead-and
    Hopefully everyone upset over The Rock playing a light skinned John Henry will back this on gp

Astonishing Member

Eh...not too sure. I was excited for the jungle book since I wasn't 100% familiar with the property (never seen the full cartoon besides clips) so seeing the movie was still new to me.
    Same reason why I'm down to watch Mowgli since it's a retelling of the book which I never read. So that's probably why I'm not too interested in watching it. Though I am interested in the new Mulan movie funny enough.

Hey look, Supergirl actually hired a Latina actress to play a Latina character this time.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/supergi...er-1202513953/

Hey look, Supergirl actually hired a Latina actress to play a Latina character this time.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/supergi...er-1202513953/
    Yeah, but the show has landed square on X-Men levels of tone deafness. The antagonist this season, Agent Liberty, is a thinly veiled trump allegory, who used the genocide of the natives as an excuse to kill aliens.

Supergirl herself likes to preach tolerance, but she's a pretty white girl who could pass for humans by not using her powers. The only redeeming factor this season is Brainy. Brainy's a delight.