Page 50 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Speaking of Persona, while Yuri did a great job as Peter in the game, sometimes i could heard Yosuke there, usually when he screamed. This prove that i had played way too much Personal lol.
    This is how I feel listening to Robbie Daymond playing SpOck. Is he playing Otto Octavius or Goro Akechi?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is how I feel listening to Robbie Daymond playing SpOck. Is he playing Otto Octavius or Goro Akechi?
    Definetly Akechi on that one lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Speaking of Persona, while Yuri did a great job as Peter in the game, sometimes i could heard Yosuke there, usually when he screamed. This prove that i had played way too much Personal lol.
    Lowenthal I far as I saw, has no vocal range, as Peter, Sasuke, P3's protagonist, Yosuke, Patroklos from Soul Calibur, he always uses the same voice.

Not that the lack of vocal range is an issue, 'cause he can act, but yeah, he's easy to recognize once you memorize his voice lol.

Yuri being played by Tara Platt is funny too, since she uses the Mitsuru voice, and I know that if she wants she can change the voice more, since she voices Elizabeth in P3 and she sounds like an old lady there ol.

I had no idea Peter was voiced by him, a voice like Akechi's coming out of Spider-Otto sounds funny lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Lowenthal I far as I saw, has no vocal range, as Peter, Sasuke, P3's protagonist, Yosuke, Patroklos from Soul Calibur, he always uses the same voice.

Not that the lack of vocal range is an issue, 'cause he can act, but yeah, he's easy to recognize once you memorize his voice lol.

Yuri being played by Tara Platt is funny too, since she uses the Mitsuru voice, and I know that if she wants she can change the voice more, since she voices Elizabeth in P3 and she sounds like an old lady there ol.

I had no idea Peter was voiced by him, a voice like Akechi's coming out of Spider-Otto sounds funny lol.
    It was also surprised when Mitsuru and Elizabeth turned out to be the same voice, still Elizabeth sounding like an old lady strangely fits her lol

Akechi as Spider-Otto is probably the best thing that came from that cartoon, because it is hilarious.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

He definitely has a very recognizable voice, though with good range in terms of pitch.

He is pretty unrecognizable as Vilgax in the new Ben 10 reboot, though.

It was also surprised when Mitsuru and Elizabeth turned out to be the same voice, still Elizabeth sounding like an old lady strangely fits her lol
    Yeah, too bad that was dropped over time, it was there in Arena, even if toned down, but the dancing games just removes it altogether, which is too bad, the old lady voice made her stand out more.

I was surprised when I learned that the Japanese voice lacks anything like that, she has a deeper, more serious sounding voice, although a more serious voice with Elizabeth's personality is amusing on its own I guess lol.

Akechi as Spider-Otto is probably the best thing that came from that cartoon, because it is hilarious.
    Almost makes me consider to watch those episodes just to hear that lol.

He definitely has a very recognizable voice, though with good range in terms of pitch.

He is pretty unrecognizable as Vilgax in the new Ben 10 reboot, though.
    I dunno man, just checked a clip here and it's his voice with a different accent and a whole lot of voice filters:

The filters are doing all the work to make his voice harder to recognize.

Yeah, too bad that was dropped over time, it was there in Arena, even if toned down, but the dancing games just removes it altogether, which is too bad, the old lady voice made her stand out more.

I was surprised when I learned that the Japanese voice lacks anything like that, she has a deeper, more serious sounding voice, although a more serious voice with Elizabeth's personality is amusing on its own I guess lol.
    Elizabeth sounds a little more like herself in Cross Tag Battle in my opinion.
    I dunno man, just checked a clip here and it's his voice with a different accent and a whole lot of voice filters:

The filters are doing all the work to make his voice harder to recognize.
    He sounds plenty different to me. I mean, you can still hear Yuri but it's pretty far from his normal voice. But that's just me.

Astonishing Member

I think it would be great if Spider-Man had a sidekick or partner.

Ollie Osnick or Miles Morales would’ve been great partners/sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think it would be great if Spider-Man had a sidekick or partner.

Ollie Osnick or Miles Morales would’ve been great partners/sidekicks.
    I like what I'm seeing of the teacher/student relationship Peter and Miles seem to have in the upcoming Miles Morales game. What they get to do there is kinda like the setup they dangled in front of Miles in the Spider-Verse movie with RIPeter saying he'll teach him and it'll all be okay and then gets killed right after and Miles doesn't have a teacher then.

It is an interesting proposition becausue we had Alpha for that purpose and that was intended to be wrapped up in the same issue originally as a one-off. I get what was trying to be done there but it went on longer and he ended up despised as a character, so I mean we could see it done better for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I like what I'm seeing of the teacher/student relationship Peter and Miles seem to have in the upcoming Miles Morales game. What they get to do there is kinda like the setup they dangled in front of Miles in the Spider-Verse movie with RIPeter saying he'll teach him and it'll all be okay and then gets killed right after and Miles doesn't have a teacher then.

It is an interesting proposition becausue we had Alpha for that purpose and that was intended to be wrapped up in the same issue originally as a one-off. I get what was trying to be done there but it went on longer and he ended up despised as a character, so I mean we could see it done better for sure.
    Interestingly enough, Slott takes full responsibility for that arc; he says it's his least favorite of his run, which I don't blame him.

Astonishing Member

As far as sidekicks are concerned, I would prefer Alpha to Brand New Day, Silk and Jackpot ( not that Alpha was good)..
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-16-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Interestingly enough, Slott takes full responsibility for that arc; he says it's his least favorite of his run, which I don't blame him.
    I thought the whole point of that arc was for it to fail?

Astonishing Member

The existence of Miles Morales actually begs an interesting question: Where is the line between "the appeal of Spider-Man is that he never had a mentor" and "it makes sense for Peter to mentor him"? Both of those arguments are valid.

My first guess is that the middle ground between those two positions is Peter treating Miles like an adult and giving him far more independence than other sidekicks have. The "don't do it my way, do it your own way" line from the ITSV trailer comes to mind.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-16-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I thought the whole point of that arc was for it to fail?
    Yes, but like Spidey_62 alluded to, it was only meant to last one issue. But the budget changed and threw off Slott's plans for the 50th anniversary issue (he wanted it to be a large issue #692, but it ended up being a three-parter).

Here's the clip/interview that he states that in: it's very fascinating.

Astonishing Member

We really shouldn't be changing Peter's backstory anymore. This technically shouldn't be considered controversial, but the way people go about the characters makes it so that it is.

Changing Peter to trans, black, latino, etc. is a dumb idea when there are lots of other characters that already exist that fill those niches (well not really trans, but give it time). Unfortunately, we don't want that because for some strange reason Spider-Man fans only care about three characters in the franchise: Peter, MJ, and Jameson.

So, rather than using those other characters, we're forcing them to re-imagine Peter to fit all those different archetypes while also marginalizing all those other characters. It's sad.