Page 877 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 37777782786787387487587687787887988088188792797713771877 ... LastLast
Results 13,141 to 13,155 of 75153
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Watching some clips of Trump's latest ego stroking, it looks like they finally took him off the good med.
    Is he more coherent or less?

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    I don't think he was ever coherent, he does look more pissed though.
    The standout has to be him just calling CNN bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Yeah ... I have to admit, it makes me uncomfortable when I see people talking about how Trump has no chance at this point, because I feel like a lot of people were saying that back in the last election, too. And I feel like it's a problem because all of the talk about how done Trump is and how he can't possibly win and so on, it all just suggests to some people that they probably don't need to vote. You know, last time it was that he was such a joke, there's just no way he can win and etc, and I think a lot of people who had come out for Obama stayed home, partly because they figured it should still be fine.

The number of people who don't vote for whatever reason is probably the biggest problem with our political system, on a consistent basis. I could be wrong about that, but I really feel like there tends to be this sense of disconnect between the population and politicians, and the frustrating thing is that part of that is because so many people just sit it out...

Anyway, hoping that does not happen, this year! The world really can't afford it!
    Trump did lose the popular vote. Was the problem not enough people voting or the electoral college countering the will of the majority?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Yeah, I am a huge fan of Last Week Tonight. No disrespect to Trevor Noah, but I really feel like Oliver's show is the best spiritual successor to what they Daily Show was, at its best.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Trump has proven coherence is not a prerequisite for the office.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 10-19-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Trump did lose the popular vote. Was the problem not enough people voting or the electoral college countering the will of the majority?
    Eh. It's more not enough people voted in the right places.

As for the electoral college, it ironically existed in the first place because they were worried about a populist convincing the States with the highest populations to override everyone else.

Yep new updates

1: Just saw an article that Trump attempted to take away Food Stamps. Federal judges denied him the ability to do so and this happening during the Covid crisis. Trumps plan seems to be to kill off as many poor people as possible, either by getting you sick and no insurance or by starving. The biggest irony is I know Trumpers who actually need Food Stamps.

2: Six Russian hackers have been charged by the FBI for disinformation. Sources do not say what the charge is, but the Russia connection proves the FBI is Trumps worst enemy yet again.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The scary aspect is , if Trump gets that 2nd term....just how many more thousands of people will he see die under his regime of Clovid as he bungles his way through for months and months ? How many more will die due to his handling of it ? Were past the 215,000+ mark a week or 2 ago. Just how many more will die from this ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Enough people need to turn out on the right side that the electoral college can't go to the wrong side. I spent a long time complaining about how W never won in 2000 too, but that doesn't undo the damage his administration did.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yep new updates

1: Just saw an article that Trump attempted to take away Food Stamps. Federal judges denied him the ability to do so and this happening during the Covid crisis. Trumps plan seems to be to kill off as many poor people as possible, either by getting you sick and no insurance or by starving. The biggest irony is I know Trumpers who actually need Food Stamps.

2: Six Russian hackers have been charged by the FBI for disinformation. Sources do not say what the charge is, but the Russia connection proves the FBI is Trumps worst enemy yet again.
    I know minorities were going to be disproportionately affected, but is Trump really dumb enough to actually endanger his own base... Never mind, that should obvious.

A win for democracy today and a lose for the GOP (kinda the same thing). The Supreme Court split evenly on the issue of Pennsylvania allowing extended mail-in voting. The split will maintain the lower court's ruling which lets state officials count ballots received after Election Day, unless there is evidence they were sent after the deadline. So a massive blow to Trump's attempted of voter suppression by sabotaging the USPS.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The scary aspect is , if Trump gets that 2nd term....just how many more thousands of people will he see die under his regime of Clovid as he bungles his way through for months and months ? How many more will die due to his handling of it ? Were past the 215,000+ mark a week or 2 ago. Just how many more will die from this ?
    Even if Trump is kicked out this term, he's going to keep making it difficult to handle the Covid crisis. Biden will never be able to implement any sort of health and safety policy that Trump supporters will follow, not after months of Trump talking down the plague, calling scientists idiots, scapegoating people, and saying it's only him that can save everyone. Just a few days ago, a Governor was almost kidnapped and murdered by anti-mask protesters ranting about Democrats coming to steal their rights. That's just going to get worse. What about a vaccine, will they take it coming from Biden? I wouldn't expect it. I do expect the elected GOP to do everything they can to obstruct any sensible healthcare policy coming out of the Whitehouse, or any policy at all really.

No, next year is going to be nasty, one way or the other. I just hope that Trump hasn't permanently poisoned the well of the US's ability to deal with infectious diseases, or even after Covid passes this could all start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    A win for democracy today and a lose for the GOP (kinda the same thing). The Supreme Court split evenly on the issue of Pennsylvania allowing extended mail-in voting. The split will maintain the lower court's ruling which lets state officials count ballots received after Election Day, unless there is evidence they were sent after the deadline. So a massive blow to Trump's attempted of voter suppression by sabotaging the USPS.
    I think it should be noted that as long as they have the postmark, they will be counted.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

By the way, Sand Point and Kodiak Alaska are having a ton of earthquakes right now following some 7.5 7.4 7.3 quakes.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Facci speaking there this Covid crap maybe a problem til 2022. And Trump has been leaked calling him a idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Even if Trump is kicked out this term, he's going to keep making it difficult to handle the Covid crisis. Biden will never be able to implement any sort of health and safety policy that Trump supporters will follow, not after months of Trump talking down the plague, calling scientists idiots, scapegoating people, and saying it's only him that can save everyone. Just a few days ago, a Governor was almost kidnapped and murdered by anti-mask protesters ranting about Democrats coming to steal their rights. That's just going to get worse. What about a vaccine, will they take it coming from Biden? I wouldn't expect it. I do expect the elected GOP to do everything they can to obstruct any sensible healthcare policy coming out of the Whitehouse, or any policy at all really.

No, next year is going to be nasty, one way or the other. I just hope that Trump hasn't permanently poisoned the well of the US's ability to deal with infectious diseases, or even after Covid passes this could all start again.
    Things are definitely going to be scary for a long while.

I really hope his Twitter account gets deleted. He's always insinuating calls to violence but if he's defeated next month he'll for sure make things even worse.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I’ve maintained that Trump would turn a second term into a full blown revenge tour, getting back at all his enemies, both real and perceived, siccing Droopy Dogg Barr and DOJ on anyone and everyone he wants jailed. Speaking of COVID:

Trump targets Fauci instead of COVID-19 as infections and deaths rise

No doubt that rant came after Fauci blamed Trump for contracting the virus by not taking precautions to protect himself.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!