Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

That page looks so cringeworthy.

Anyway. My guess is that editorial told Rosenberg "Hickman's going to have Xavier find a way to resurrect dead mutants - AND mutants are going to be pushed too far, to the point that they establish their independence. So make things bleak for them to show how they get pushed to that point, and you kill whoever you like to create drama, because we can bring them back."

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveStrange View Post
    That page looks so cringeworthy.

Anyway. My guess is that editorial told Rosenberg "Hickman's going to have Xavier find a way to resurrect dead mutants - AND mutants are going to be pushed too far, to the point that they establish their independence. So make things bleak for them to show how they get pushed to that point, and you kill whoever you like to create drama, because we can bring them back."
    Doesn't make his writing any better, though.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by iamre View Post
    Ugh... Please tell Jott isn't gonna be a thing now... I'm fine with Scemma not getting back together but Jott again? Seriously?.. ugh...

What are your guy's thoughts?
    Well, it's partly Emma's fault since she made Scott forget so much about her after he'd returned. It did feel odd, where hasn't it been like literally decades in publishing time since Jott?

Then it hit me that soon after Jean had returned, the "All New X-Men" had returned back to their places in the timeline , and their current selves freshly remembered all they had gone through so maybe that brought them into current "perspective" like after All-New Jean did more teen flirting around outside Scott which she didn't do as much in their prim lives in the 60's.
    Last edited by krylite; 07-27-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krylite View Post
    Well, it's partly Emma's fault since she made Scott forget so much about her after he'd returned. It did feel odd, where hasn't it been like literally decades in publishing time since Jott?

Then it hit me that soon after Jean had returned, the "All New X-Men" had returned back to their places in the timeline , and their current selves freshly remembered all they had gone through so maybe that brought them into current "perspective" like after teen Jean did more flirting around outside Scott which she didn't do as much in their prim lives in the 60's.
    Yes, but as JDW pointed out, the 05 remember all that stuff that happened to them from Bendis' run forward as something that happened a long time ago.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Not to mention that Jean and Scott have expressed their love for each other as their adult selves even before the O5 went back to their time, in Phoenix Resurrection, the X-Men Red annual, and the Uncanny X-Men annual.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

We are still with this?, the kiss was fine and completly in characther for Scott and Jean to do, they even had some build toward it (not a lot admittedly, but it was there) before this run. True including Emma and Logan there feel a bit on the nose, but is basically Marvel's way of saying "yeah, Jott is happening, the love Rectangle is death......for now", i do feel bad for Rosenberg's take on Emma (and to lesser extent everyone else) but she is still have a solid creative direction (Duggan is solid usually) coming out this disaster, so is not really important for me.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean and Scott have always expressed each other affection, with the one exception being Morrison's run. Their marriage was in crisis then but Jean died, we don't know how things would play if she lived, mabe they would have divorced, maybe they would have reconciled, we don't know. The point is that most of the time since then one of them was dead, that's why they interacted so little in such a huge chunk of time. Not because they didn't wanted but because they couldn't, it is until now were they will finally interact, they weren't going to be stuck on that run forever, the only reason that stuck was because as i said before they were dead.
    But since then both adults version have missed each other (yeah some people ignore this i don't know why but they have missed each other quite a lot). the few other interactions they have had regardless their relationship and recently are these
    _____________lkdufd.jpg
    fgt.jpg
    those happened too, it didn't came of nowhere. Marvel can't keep killing one of them for keeping them form interact and talk (which was the case through all these years)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-27-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Ultimate Member

Though not sue if they're fully back together and she just ignores the fact that he cheated on her...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We are still with this?, the kiss was fine and completly in characther for Scott and Jean to do, they even had some build toward it (not a lot admittedly, but it was there) before this run. True including Emma and Logan there feel a bit on the nose, but is basically Marvel's way of saying "yeah, Jott is happening, the love Rectangle is death......for now", i do feel bad for Rosenberg's take on Emma (and to lesser extent everyone else) but she is still have a solid creative direction (Duggan is solid usually) coming out this disaster, so is not really important for me.
    Oh, I agree the most important thing is Emma getting a good writer that likes her, and Hickman being around will prevent Marvel from making her a villain again like they wanted, but still doesn't justify Rosenberg's pathetic writing and seeing this thread being resurrected reminded me of that.

And it's really impossible to reconcile how Scott is written this run and in Hickman's first issue, or the Annual that even JDW said was supposed to have Scott "see the light" and realize how WRONG he was. As we speculated in the beginning, this was Marvel's last attempt to try to shove the "Scott was WROOOONG AND EVIL in Schism and AvX" narrative they are pushing for years for reasons they've yet to fully justify, because they know Hickman not only doesn't care to do it, but sees Scott as right and justified in those situations, and both his writing of Scott in the first issue and what we know of Xavier's plan indicates this.

As I said before, this whole run was a way of saying that if you like Scott and Emma in the 21st century, you're an idiot.

Mind you, we still don't know if Scott and Jean will be a couple in Hickman's run, or even how he will approach sexuality at all, since he's saying he's doing something different with it.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though not sue if they're fully back together and she just ignores the fact that he cheated on her...
    No one said she's ignoring that, but adult couples go through stuff like this all the time and come out the other end fine. We still don't know what would have happened in Morrison's run if Jean hadn't died, but it's clear that she's forgiven him now.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

and Scott apologized too, in the very brief time they have shared since.
    jmnbghj.jpg
    and Scott has decades of history of loving Jean, he screaming her name and worshiping the floor she walks is pretty much part of his character on all media and universe for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Oh, I agree the most important thing is Emma getting a good writer that likes her, and Hickman being around will prevent Marvel from making her a villain again like they wanted, but still doesn't justify Rosenberg's pathetic writing and seeing this thread being resurrected reminded me of that.

And it's really impossible to reconcile how Scott is written this run and in Hickman's first issue, or the Annual that even JDW said was supposed to have Scott "see the light" and realize how WRONG he was. As we speculated in the beginning, this was Marvel's last attempt to try to shove the "Scott was WROOOONG AND EVIL in Schism and AvX" narrative they are pushing for years for reasons they've yet to fully justify, because they know Hickman not only doesn't care to do it, but sees Scott as right and justified in those situations, and both his writing of Scott in the first issue and what we know of Xavier's plan indicates this.

As I said before, this whole run was a way of saying that if you like Scott and Emma in the 21st century, you're an idiot.

Mind you, we still don't know if Scott and Jean will be a couple in Hickman's run, or even how he will approach sexuality at all, since he's saying he's doing something different with it.
    I took it more like "Scott actions post- House Of M were wrong", wich still leave Whedon and Morrison's run, but is understandable why you could interpret it like that. I'm not happy about the run and i definetly feel some sympathy for Emma and Scott fans, but the whole thing feels so irrelevant and pointless that i can't even muster any sort of anger, it feels like nothing to me, not saying that you shouldn't be angry or anything, just that...i don't know there is something about this run, not only about Scott, but about everyone in it, that feels so... artificial and hollow, that tries to be relevant and important but it just doesn't work, that i just can't really bring myself to hate it. Is probably why i like the Jott page at the end, is the only thing about the run that it feels has any actual weight or substance, even if am indiferent to the pairing in the great scheme of things.

As for Hickman's run, eh who knows, he has never been big on relationships (the whole Sam/Smasher thing happened almost entirely off-screen), but so far is 50/50 to me.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    He apologized and she forgived him, look for a different crack in the armor if you want to criticize this move.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I took it more like "Scott actions post- House Of M were wrong", wich still leave Whedon and Morrison's run, but is understandable why you could interpret it like that. I'm not happy about the run and i definetly feel some sympathy for Emma and Scott fans, but the whole thing feels so irrelevant and pointless that i can't even muster any sort of anger, it feels like nothing to me, not saying that you shouldn't be angry or anything, just that...i don't know there is something about this run, not only about Scott, but about everyone in it, that feels so... artificial and hollow, that tries to be relevant and important but it just doesn't work, that i just can't really bring myself to hate it. Is probably why i like the Jott page at the end, is the only thing about the run that it feels has any actual weight or substance, even if am indiferent to the pairing in the great scheme of things.

As for Hickman's run, eh who knows, he has never been big on relationships (the whole Sam/Smasher thing happened almost entirely off-screen), but so far is 50/50 to me.
    No, it's Scott in the 21st century was wrong because it does everything to say that Scott and Emma's relationship was wrong and stupid and should never have happened.

We also know from JDW's comments he hates the idea of Emma in the X-men, and that she never fits with a classic X-men team, which, of course, is absolutely false if you read Whedon's run (and someone found tweets by him in 08' saying he still saw Emma as a villain even then, right in the middle of Whedon and Fraction's runs) which is the only "classic" book that was successful in the last decades.

And again, it's absolutely illogical the insistence for Scott to be WRONG AND EVIL they had in the last 7 years to the point of killing off-panel with his best friends describing him as the new Hitler. It's impossible not to see an ulterior motive there.

Fortunately, that period seems to be over, but it's hard to not get angry, or worried since Hickman won't be around forever, but the people pushing that non-sense likely will remain in the company.

wow the red costume is so clunky i missed a perfect opportunity for a jean thighs crack when this book came out
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate