Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm now officially on the hunt for spoilers since they didn't put out a preview
    Spoilers:
    spoilers:

The “Unity Saga” is indeed the prelude to Superman founding the United Planets and the LoSH shows up at the end and invites Jon to join
    end of spoilers

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Spoilers:
    spoilers:

The “Unity Saga” is indeed the prelude to Superman founding the United Planets and the LoSH shows up at the end and invites Jon to join
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I saw the spoilers in the thread, and that'll probably hold me till the 28th. But has anyone read the actual book?

spoilers:
    Like, I wanna know what at least some of the specifics of the Legion's offer, what their "gift" was (guessing it's a ring), and what was so pivotal about what Jon suggested at the meeting of the proto UP. I'd also like to know if any hints towards Clark becoming President of Earth are made.
    end of spoilers

Dang. This recall thing just had to happen with an issue that had this much going on in it. I'm pretty freakin salty haha
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Spoilers:
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:

What happens to Rogol Zaar?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    spoilers:

What happens to Rogol Zaar?
    end of spoilers
    No clue, haven’t read it yet myself unfortunately, only reposting what Bleeding Cool has posted.

No clue, haven’t read it yet myself unfortunately, only reposting what Bleeding Cool has posted.
    Ok. I read the same.

Mighty Member

Midtown comics didn't have superman 14 and supergirl 23 because of something the cover didn't go with the story.But did any comic book store have it or not .Is it just the cover or the story.I hope its not the story i will hate to think the writer will have to do it again

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Midtown comics didn't have superman 14 and supergirl 23 because of something the cover didn't go with the story.But did any comic book store have it or not .Is it just the cover or the story.I hope its not the story i will hate to think the writer will have to do it again
    It’s the covers. They make the issues look like they’re Year of the Villain tie-ins but that’s not correct, so they’re getting new covers.

Legion fans have been waiting forever anyhow, whats a couple more weeks?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spoilers:
    spoilers:

end of spoilers

I’ve read both Superman 14 and Supergirl 33. I don’t think it was necessarily the covers that were the issue. Spoilers.

spoilers:

Superman 14: Legion appears as Supes explains wanting to form United Planets from Jon’s suggestion. Lightning Lad is portrayed more Caucasian in appearance here. No ring is offered - Legion ‘offers’ to have Jon join them in the future. Supergirl 33: same retelling of Legion appearance in Superman 14 but image of Lightning Lad is not as Caucasian more of a blend of Caucasian and African Winathian (?). So I think that is why DC ultimately made the decision to pull these two books for ‘correction’ not just that the YOV covers had nothing really to do with the interior pages
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by orionblue; 08-14-2019 at 09:18 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    I’ve read both Superman 14 and Supergirl 33. I don’t think it was necessarily the covers that were the issue. Spoilers.

spoilers:

Superman 14: Legion appears as Supes explains wanting to form United Planets from Jon’s suggestion. Lightning Lad is portrayed more Caucasian in appearance here. No ring is offered - Legion ‘offers’ to have Jon join them in the future. Supergirl 33: same retelling of Legion appearance in Superman 14 but image of Lightning Lad is not as Caucasian more of a blend of Caucasian and African Winathian (?). So I think that is why DC ultimately made the decision to pull these two books for ‘correction’ not just that the YOV covers had nothing really to do with the interior pages
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Do they specify what their "gift" is. Also what specifically was Jon's suggestion, and is he actually credited with coming up with the idea for the United Planets in at least concept? And if you don't mind saying, does the Legion give a reason for asking Jon specifically?
    end of spoilers

We appreciate the info, orionblue.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    You skipped over one detail in the books.

spoilers:
    How is Rogol Zaar defeated?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    So the Lightning Lad change really was a last minute thing then. Wonder what prompted it?

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    You skipped over one detail in the books.

spoilers:
    How is Rogol Zaar defeated?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Zod rebels and Kal joins in the fight and Supergirl helps in wresting control of the Spear - one of them busts one of zaar’s Eyes and he is about to be defeated when the Thanagarian Black Guard comes along and takes everyone in to custody. Kind of wacky if you ask me. Oh! Another bit: Kal at one point during the Black Guard appearance looked at Zaar and questionably states if Zaar is Kryptonian as it appears that Zaar is affected by Kryptonite. Zaar is now in Thanagarian custody asbis Zor-El.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Zod rebels and Kal joins in the fight and Supergirl helps in wresting control of the Spear - one of them busts one of zaar’s Eyes and he is about to be defeated when the Thanagarian Black Guard comes along and takes everyone in to custody. Kind of wacky if you ask me. Oh! Another bit: Kal at one point during the Black Guard appearance looked at Zaar and questionably states if Zaar is Kryptonian as it appears that Zaar is affected by Kryptonite. Zaar is now in Thanagarian custody asbis Zor-El.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks. Lame how that ended.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Wow. spoilers:
    literally the third time this story doesn't get resolved. It's never going to end!
    end of spoilers

Last edited by Yoda; 08-15-2019 at 08:26 AM.