Page 82 of 134 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Maybe it wasn't intentional on King's part, but he may be saying something profound and true with this issue - to develop a lasting relationship, you have to put others on hold. You can't focus on love without being a bit selfish. To really develop it, one has to remove themselves from family, friends and cares of the world. Its why people go on honeymoons, and often spend the first few years of marriage really focusing on each other.

In earlier issues, Selena and Bruce didn't really have this kind of downtime, I don't think.

There is a big tragic irony that this issue is juxtaposed with the death of Alfred and capture of Damian. While that is happening, this was happening with Bruce - he is away establishing his life with Selena. Will he regret his timing, or consider Selena and his relationship to be a worthwhile trade for Alfred's life. Will he disown Damian?

In short I appreciated what this issue was doing. Even if it wasn't very "Batman"-y
    Even if that were true, he sure picked one hell of a time to "remove himself from family, friends, and cares of the world" xD

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Even if that were true, he sure picked one hell of a time to "remove himself from family, friends, and cares of the world" xD
    To be fair, I don't think Batman would do this unless he'd just had his back broken and healed, been kept for weeks under Scarecrow gas, been beaten nearly to death twice, climbed out of a huge pit, walked up a mountain and gotten his throat slit.

And sure, you can argue that Beasts of Burden shows that he can keep going. But I think there's justification for him to try to get better, and also to get his head right after 75 issues of Bane screwing with his head and heart, so he can actually win. In 77, he knows he's going to die if he goes back. Cat offers him a way to win.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

I just read some really bad quotes from Dan Dideo about them not being interested in a married Batman, because a happy Batman is the end of Batman. And yes, this is a NEW interview.

So...that seems to bode horribly for whatever ending King has planned just being totally disregarded altogether and maybe that is the true reason they wanted it in a different book. I always said that making a Batman/Catwoman series to finish his story makes it REALLY easy to just ignore whatever happens in it as being essentially non-canon (even though King said it was). Despite his reassurances at the time, these kinds of quotes from higher-ups almost feel like a nail in the coffin to me.

And like DC would never have allowed a wedding to happen no matter what. So I'm back to not having a clue what King's supposed "change" is that he had to get permission for. Unless...they said yes and have now changed their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I just read some really bad quotes from Dan Dideo about them not being interested in a married Batman, because a happy Batman is the end of Batman. And yes, this is a NEW interview.

So...that seems to bode horribly for whatever ending King has planned just being totally disregarded altogether and maybe that is the true reason they wanted it in a different book. I always said that making a Batman/Catwoman series to finish his story makes it REALLY easy to just ignore whatever happens in it as being essentially non-canon (even though King said it was). Despite his reassurances at the time, these kinds of quotes from higher-ups almost feel like a nail in the coffin to me.

And like DC would never have allowed a wedding to happen no matter what. So I'm back to not having a clue what King's supposed "change" is that he had to get permission for. Unless...they said yes and have now changed their minds.
    Well. I'm gonna continue to hope. Because what else can we have?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Oops, nevermind, i thought it was the issue 78 thread ! Doh !

The last two solicits of King's Batman run are out. Im super hyped.

I also absolutely love this cover! Bagsy it as profile pic!

batman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    The last two solicits of King's Batman run are out. Im super hyped.

I also absolutely love this cover! Bagsy it as profile pic!

batman.jpg
    It's very cool (though I'm of course a bit sad that a CERTAIN character is left out. Ah, well.)

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It's very cool (though I'm of course a bit sad that a CERTAIN character is left out. Ah, well.)
    She must still be sleeping in bed for some reason! Poor Steph!

Theirs even a nice wee spot beside Helena for her!

She must still be sleeping in bed for some reason! Poor Steph!

Theirs even a nice wee spot beside Helena for her!
    Ya.

Ah, well. Still super excited!

I really wonder what Gotham Girl's fate is going to be.

I could see her killing Thomas or atleast banishing him into another dimension but I still wonder when and if she will marry Duke.

I really wonder what Gotham Girl's fate is going to be.

I could see her killing Thomas or atleast banishing him into another dimension but I still wonder when and if she will marry Duke.
    I still think Thomas will give his life in the Nain Pit either for Bruce or for Alfred. I'd like to see Claire get together with Duke, but sadly, I feel like Duke is now off-limits.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I still think Thomas will give his life in the Nain Pit either for Bruce or for Alfred. I'd like to see Claire get together with Duke, but sadly, I feel like Duke is now off-limits.
    ooooh I could see that happening! Thomas sacrificing himself for Bruce could defo be a possibility!

What makes you think Duke is off limits? Only book he is in at the moment is Outsiders and doesn't really have any love interests their!

ooooh I could see that happening! Thomas sacrificing himself for Bruce could defo be a possibility!

What makes you think Duke is off limits? Only book he is in at the moment is Outsiders and doesn't really have any love interests their!
    Yeah, but King seems to have a thing where he doesn't feel comfortable using characters other writers are using. That's what he said about Steph in 2016, at least. And it's why I think he's not using Steph, because of Young Justice. Sigh. But Duke is on the cover of 85. A pretty cool cover, too! I kinda wish they'd gotten David Finch to draw it, since he drew the first issue cover, and it would be nice to get that continuity. (I get frustrated with runs that end with a different artist than they start with - though at least we're getting Janin on this one, and he was on the Rebirth one-shot and the second arc.)

Its kinda wierd he wont use Steph because she appears in Young Justice, but uses Tim, Damian, Barbara etc who all appear elsewhere.

Their must be some sort of reason Steph is off the board which we will find out in Young Justice.

Its kinda wierd he wont use Steph because she appears in Young Justice, but uses Tim, Damian, Barbara etc who all appear elsewhere.

Their must be some sort of reason Steph is off the board which we will find out in Young Justice.
    Well, I don't wanna get too off track. We're all about the King here, and we do have a dedicated Steph thread.

I'm very excited for Batman 79 next week. I didn't dig the delays of 78, but getting two in a row is pretty sweet.