Page 1 of 91 123451151 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Quicksilver Appreciation

The place where we can discuss Pietro Maximoff, our favorite Speedster!

Powers & Abilities: Quicksilver is a mutant capable of moving and thinking at superhuman speeds. Originally he was only capable of running at the speed of sound but exposure to the High Evolutionary's Isotope E made it possible for the character to run at supersonic speeds of up to Mach 10 and resist the effects of friction, reduced oxygen, and kinetic impact while moving at super-speeds (In other words he doesn't need any damn Goggles!). Pietro's speed allows him to perform feats such as create cyclone-strength winds; run up walls and cross bodies of water. It has been revealed that one of the reasons for his abrasive and impatient personality is that it seems to him that the rest of the world is moving in slow motion and that he is constantly waiting for it to catch up. As he once explained, "Have you ever had a day where you are at the ATM and you are in a hurry because you're running late but the person in front of you doesn't know how to use the ATM and they're taking forever? Now imagine what it must be like to spend every day surrounded by people who don't know how to use the ATM."

Last edited by FuzzyBlueElf; 04-30-2014 at 10:57 PM.

YESSSS.

His first appearance was in 1963's Classic X-Men #4, along side his sister, Scarlet Witch:

He started out in Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil mutants:

His most notable x-appearances are in PAD's X-Factor:
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

And now that he's in All-New X-Factor, I feel like Pietro is home:

BANNED

i like pietro in all new x-factor, didnt care about him while on the avengers.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

WAY TO GO FuzzyBlueElf For getting Pietro's Thread Up and Running, and I do me Running!

Good to See the Quicksilver Fan Representing Well as always!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

And for the lulz, non-616 Pietro in Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    WAY TO GO FuzzyBlueElf For getting Pietro's Thread Up and Running, and I do me Running!

CJ-
    What is this image from??

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    CJ-
    What is this image from??
    Sorry It too me so long my dear, It Says from Avengers Vol. 3 series, Issues #38-40!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrixpendent View Post
    i like pietro in all new x-factor, didnt care about him while on the avengers.
    I agree, he belongs with the X-men more with the Avengers, I cannot name any awesome friendships he had whilst he was on that team or even what the other Avengers think about him. I do like the Avengers and X-men being integrated but he really doesn't belong there, there's no real ties for him there.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

[/CENTER]
    You could say I was pretty Quick with this thread I love all of Magneto's kids but Polaris and Quicksilver have always been my favourites.

And for the lulz, non-616 Pietro in Excalibur.
    Lul, Chunksilver.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    I agree, he belongs with the X-men more with the Avengers, I cannot name any awesome friendships he had whilst he was on that team or even what the other Avengers think about him. I do like the Avengers and X-men being integrated but he really doesn't belong there, there's no real ties for him there.
    He has a respect and bond with Captain America, who trained him when he first joined.
    He and Wanda had good reason to reject Charles' offer to join the X-Men (twice). Magneto abused them when they were with him. I can see where it could have screwed with him.
    However, I do believe they both would have been better off having Charles' train them/help them cope with their mutant powers. Especially Pietro.

Lul, Chunksilver.
    And duckfoot Namor. So many of my faves in ONE pic. <3 I mean, not 616 versions (except for CB), but still.

BANNED

Hurrah! For the Quicksilver thread! Love this guy and can't wait until I get to read in him in X-Factor. (Trade waiting)

BANNED

He has a respect and bond with Captain America, who trained him when he first joined.
    He and Wanda had good reason to reject Charles' offer to join the X-Men (twice). Magneto abused them when they were with him. I can see where it could have screwed with him.
    However, I do believe they both would have been better off having Charles' train them/help them cope with their mutant powers. Especially Pietro.
    Can't wait for all of that to be suddenly recalled in the new Avengers books in 2015. Pretty awesome that he respected Cap another of my faves!

Incredible Member

You could say I was pretty Quick with this thread I love all of Magneto's kids but Polaris and Quicksilver have always been my favourites.
    I actually like that Quicksilver is with the Avengers because it says a lot about him that he's working with humans even though as a mutant he's had issues with them...Even more interesting when you take into account he's Magneto's son, mutant supremacist extraordinaire. But I agree he's had very few one on one interactions with his Avenger teammates. I think that's more a fault of writers not really taking care to build relationships and more interested in throwing their characters into battle. Quicksilver has been in the X-Men world thanks to PAD including him in X-Factor, so if he's got any friendships in the X-world, it's because of PAD writing him, not because the X-Men are a friendlier bunch than the Avengers.
    I don't really have a preference either way, as long as whatever team he ends up in, he actually plays a part in the story and doesn't drop to the background. The thing that really annoyed me with the original 90s X-Factor, is that Quicksilver left them to go back to the Avengers where he played less of a role. I don't want him back in the Avengers if he's going to be one of 10 cast members who gets a quip every three issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I actually like that Quicksilver is with the Avengers because it says a lot about him that he's working with humans even though as a mutant he's had issues with them...Even more interesting when you take into account he's Magneto's son, mutant supremacist extraordinaire. But I agree he's had very few one on one interactions with his Avenger teammates. I think that's more a fault of writers not really taking care to build relationships and more interested in throwing their characters into battle. Quicksilver has been in the X-Men world thanks to PAD including him in X-Factor, so if he's got any friendships in the X-world, it's because of PAD writing him, not because the X-Men are a friendlier bunch than the Avengers.
    I don't really have a preference either way, as long as whatever team he ends up in, he actually plays a part in the story and doesn't drop to the background. The thing that really annoyed me with the original 90s X-Factor, is that Quicksilver left them to go back to the Avengers where he played less of a role. I don't want him back in the Avengers if he's going to be one of 10 cast members who gets a quip every three issues.
    This. So much this.
    I want him to do more than just run REAL FAST on a single panel.
    I LOVE the interaction and snark he has with his other teammates, and especially Gambit.
    PAD does things with him.
    And he left PAD's run before to be in more Avengers-y books, then I fear this will happen again because of the movies and Breevort making the statement he made.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    And that's why I prefer him with X-Factor, if he goes onto any of the Avengers books which already have like 20 Members per book or something he won't do much.

Like I said I like both teams but the writers need to give me more reason to believe he fits in more with the Avengers over him just being their Flash, and I don't doubt that once he goes back he'll fall into the same problems.