Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Re-read it. That's not at all how it read.

She was matter of fact that she's been used over and over by tyrants. That's not 'circumstance' nor 'blame', but her reality. She then went on to own her own rage issues.

I get that there's a spastic need to hate Wanda among a certain subset of fans, but it's not a huge concession to expect that you at least try to read the words on the page....is it?
    I realize some certain subset of fans want to defend every word that comes from Wanda's lips and her every thought as if it is thier own, but is it not to much of a concession to read my post and point out where i typed i hate Wanda? I have always been a fan and interested in her as a character.

Not every instance Wanda has been involved in resulting in death or destruction was because "she was used over and over by tyrants.The reality is that she was a victim of circumstance in HOM since a certain sub-set of fans have absolved her of all wrong-doing in the matter. It's not to much to ask that you read the post and not attempt to add assumptions to what is stated....is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I feel bad for comic book writers who have to keep track of continuity. I can't blame them for getting things confused, remembering things differently, or just deciding to use a completely different continuity.
    That is what they get paid to do.

BANNED

Putting continuity aside for the moment does this work for the issue and the characters?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I liked this issue. The Hypocritical inner monologue of thee Sainted Sorceress Supreme gave insight to how she views herself as a constant victim of circumstances. The Red Skull said that The Scarlett Witch has a hatred that matches his own. I am going to assume that he was speaking about how she feels about Magneto, and not that he was referring to Wanda being as hateful as he is. I don't think anyone is as hateful as the Red Skull, well maybe Hate Monger. I loved Magneto doing what he felt is necessary to end a threat to mutants. Magneto is not a underwear over spandex wearing do-gooder, Magneto is not Hero, Magneto is not a Avenger, Magneto is not a foot soldier in a army. Magneto had just expierienced a small sample of what the Red Skull was going to do with the brain of one of the worlds most powerful and refined telepaths. Magneto solely knew what kind of danger the world was facing he did what was necessary. In this instance Magneto was right.BTW this was a good issue. I still think somehow the Red Skull is using Magnetos powers at full form to form Red Onslaught. Red Skull said that he could easily restore Magnetos powers to full form. I believe that Magnetos rage is what unlocked Red Onslaught and that the little torture session was Skulls way of doing it but was stopped.
    I Agree after all Onslaught was made by the syntesis of both Xavier and Magneto powers I don´t think Red Skull would have said that to Magneto if he didn´t think to do something like that at some point. Also he seemed to have plans for Magneto beyond torturing him imo. Magneto´s powers can be used increase a telepath capability.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-05-2014 at 02:56 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    As an editor, don't you suppose they probably check for spelling mistakes, art errors, continuity errors, timeline errors...It would be impossible for them to keep everything straight.
    Yeah, I think internal continuity is more important in general than ongoing continuity. I think it also depends on circumstances....if Spider-Man gets shot in his left arm on page 4, but then starting on page 8 the artist draws it as his right arm, I think it depends on when they notice the error and how much time they have to go to print and how difficult or easy it will be to correct the error. Do they delay the issue or go to print with the error?

Not the best example maybe, but I think this is more the type of thing they're dealing with.

I dunno. One would expect that they have character flow charts and bullet points.

Obviously, not every writer is the charcter's #1 fan. But there absolutely should be a system in place whereby they can cross reference.

If new readers can spot continuity errors with thier limited wiki knowledge (and I've seen this happen), then surely we can expect to hold the 'professionals' to a higher standard? Hahaha.
    I think it depends on a lot of factors and the severity of the error. Forgetting Tony Stark is a recovering alcoholic is a big deal, forgetting he was at one point crippled from the waist down is a minor mistake, and forgetting that he at one point was reverted to a teenager is totally acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Not really. They get paid to tell stories that will sell books. Making sure those stories align with what's already been established over the characters' publishing history is a small part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Putting continuity aside for the moment does this work for the issue and the characters?
    I honestly think that's more the type of question that they ask first, and then go from there.

Edit: Forget it. Don't feel for this rollercoaster today.
    Last edited by klinton; 10-05-2014 at 02:43 PM.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Is not easier to simply gut the Red Skull and then ask Triange to ressurect the Professor ?.
    Triage power doesn't work that way, we don't know if he can restore a consciousness as he can do with a body.
    And if he were to try to restore Xavier physically via RS, well there's no reason to believe the brain - or whatever part of the brain - of Xavier that RS grafted to himself is not perfectly healthy inside him already...

If they had to try something though, they could bring in Angel, maybe his celestial powers could do the trick ? Because even for a very skilled telepath it would be difficult I think.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Extraordinary Member

Edit: Forget it. Don't feel for this rollercoaster today.
    Oh, please! We're going in so many, many circles!
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Yeah, I think internal continuity is more important in general than ongoing continuity. I think it also depends on circumstances....if Spider-Man gets shot in his left arm on page 4, but then starting on page 8 the artist draws it as his right arm, I think it depends on when they notice the error and how much time they have to go to print and how difficult or easy it will be to correct the error. Do they delay the issue or go to print with the error?

Not the best example maybe, but I think this is more the type of thing they're dealing with.

I think it depends on a lot of factors and the severity of the error. Forgetting Tony Stark is a recovering alcoholic is a big deal, forgetting he was at one point crippled from the waist down is a minor mistake, and forgetting that he at one point was reverted to a teenager is totally acceptable.

Not really. They get paid to tell stories that will sell books. Making sure those stories align with what's already been established over the characters' publishing history is a small part of that.

I honestly think that's more the type of question that they ask first, and then go from there.
    The editorial staff definitely has a fun job. I don't even want to think about what they have to go through. And then I'm sure some of their job involves good old fashion conflict resolution!

But really, I don't know that Remender decided he liked Bendis's interpretation. It fits with the story, and the Celestrials did it.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooow, Magneto was awesome in this issue! I read the whole thing in Michael Fassbender's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Triage power doesn't work that way, we don't know if he can restore a consciousness as he can do with a body.
    And if he were to try to restore Xavier physically via RS, well there's no reason to believe the brain - or whatever part of the brain - of Xavier that RS grafted to himself is not perfectly healthy inside him already...

If they had to try something though, they could bring in Angel, maybe his celestial powers could do the trick ? Because even for a very skilled telepath it would be difficult I think.
    Dont you remember in BotA, when Teen Cyclops got gutted by Sentinel, he got resurrected by him.

I have a question unrelated to the conversations happening at the moment, and maybe this had been discussed, but this thread is 60 pages, so...

The Red Skull is a guy wearing a mask? I always thought something had happened and that red skull WAS his head. Have I been wrong this whole time?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heiro5 View Post
    I have a question unrelated to the conversations happening at the moment, and maybe this had been discussed, but this thread is 60 pages, so...

The Red Skull is a guy wearing a mask? I always thought something had happened and that red skull WAS his head. Have I been wrong this whole time?
    Yes Red Skull is using a mask. This RS isn´t the original but a clone of him with Red Skull memories.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Well, no. They get paid to write good stories, a thing that often means ignoring continuity given there are a lot of bad ideas in 50 years of narration. And if their employers are okay with that, as it seems the case, then they are really not paid to respect continuity.

Extraordinary Member

OMG that was a surprise to me too. I thought Magneto broke his face or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by brainwasher View Post
    Well, no. They get paid to write good stories, a thing that often means ignoring continuity given there are a lot of bad ideas in 50 years of narration. And if their employers are okay with that, as it seems the case, then they are really not paid to respect continuity.
    Well, given that there is supposed to be some kind of continuity, it seems silly that a writer would come to Marvel and ignore it completely. But yes, sometimes a writer should ignore continuity, especially the idea from said continuity is horrible.

I'm looking at you guy who thought Ms. Marvel's rape baby was a good idea.

It was actually one of those clever little asides that let us know Remender is paying attention to his continuity.

This version of Skull was a clone of the Red Skull circa 1945. At the time, he was indeed just a man wearing a mask.

There are other versions of the Skull (he dies and comes back....often) who were, in fact, disfigured. This one would not be though.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.