Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Got to say, reading this reinforce my feeling that a lot of Q-whackos and ForeverTrump people aren't political. They are a god damn cult, with millenarism and all that **** going on. That's... that's almost morbidly fascinating, from afar.
    Qanon has spread to Europe in the last couple of years. Bon Appetit!
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Don't bet on it. The GOP was able to sleaze it's way back into power after Dubya and the cynical part of me believes they'll find a way back after Trump as well.
    Oh I don’t doubt they can. I’m not saying the party is done for politically I’m just pointing out the party’s radical shift into a fascist, xenophobic, white-nationalist friendly party which has been greatly expedited by Trump’s influence. That isn’t going away, even if Trump leaves the Oval Office. His brand of politics has changed the party forever. Those dozens of GOP members like Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley who voted to overturn the election results don’t magically go away when Trump leaves. Hardcore Trumper Nut jobs like Matt Gaetz don’t leave when Trump goes away. Trump has contaminated the political pool more than ever before and I’m sure sure his influence will wane that much even after he leaves office. I think Trump’s legacy will haunt the party for a long time to come.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-20-2021 at 11:49 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Qanon has spread to Europe in the last couple of years. Bon Appetit!
    True but I feel they aren't able to take as much space here. We've got too much of the old fascist bastards here being revitalized. Not to speak of the Far-Right being offered a boulevard in the medias. It's make it harder for the nutties to proclaim they are censored.

Sadly.

Dunno how to imbed tweets, but the main man of QAnon is now like, “see you next year” in peoples yearbooks as if it was some fun lark.

https://twitter.com/kevinroose/statu...326674946?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Don't bet on it. The GOP was able to sleaze it's way back into power after Dubya and the cynical part of me believes they'll find a way back after Trump as well.
    As long as there are morons who wish to be lied to there will be a Republican Party.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    It has Finally Happened!

Damn nice to have a functioning adult with morals and compassion in the Oval Office again. Heard Biden’s speech on my way home from therapy (frozen shoulder) and thought he nailed it. I couldn’t help grinning while I listened.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    As long as there are morons who wish to be lied to there will be a Republican Party.
    Reminds me of a comment I saw on a show I watch.

"These morons vote for millionaires and wonder why they're still poor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    A part of me wondering about Trump's next act, thought that he might actually become a legit cult-leader. He'd lean into the Qanon stuff and appoint himself God/Minister or whatever and get these people enthralled to him, taking a page out of Hubbard's book.

Trump has grandiose ambitions and sense of ego, he likes going higher and further. The stuff that people speculate -- a Trump news network (which would make OAN, Newsmax, Fox -- his present allies -- into competitors) as well as starting his own Patriot Party -- that sounds too reasonable. I think starting a religion would appeal to him.

What's bigger than a President? Well becoming a god. Trump in Florida will be like Col. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now.
    Jacobin did a rather good article about it : https://jacobinmag.com/2021/01/q-ano...ill-riot-trump

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Reminds me of a comment I saw on a show I watch.

"These morons vote for millionaires and wonder why they're still poor!"
    As Bill Maher said last Friday, they were attacking the wrong house!
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So what are we going to talk about for the next 4 years?
    Well there will be the questions about Biden's policies and what needs to be down to nudge him more to the left I guess. And his health, considering his age and the pandemy going on.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

We'll have to see how this goes with the 50/50 Senate with the VP as tiebreaker. But I was thinking this morning that this might be how it should be from now on. Of course, it's pie in the sky because the Constitution, etc. But I think this situation could force comprises and cooperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    We'll have to see how this goes with the 50/50 Senate with the VP as tiebreaker. But I was thinking this morning that this might be how it should be from now on. Of course, it's pie in the sky because the Constitution, etc. But I think this situation could force comprises and cooperation.
    Except without a VP tie breaker, so they actually have to come to agreements.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I've heard that they were floating the idea of reversing the ban on earmarks. For all that it is ripe with opportunity for graft, the ban has been cited by some as one of the reasons Congress became so bitterly partisan, removing any incentive for cooperation between parties.

We also need to throw a spotlight on dark money, but returning to earmarks would be at least one step in the right direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Jacobin did a rather good article about it : https://jacobinmag.com/2021/01/q-ano...ill-riot-trump
    Not a good article in my estimation. It's too generous to Q.

Jacobin is a schizoid mag, some good articles mixed with dubious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Dunno how to imbed tweets, but the main man of QAnon is now like, “see you next year” in peoples yearbooks as if it was some fun lark.

https://twitter.com/kevinroose/statu...326674946?s=21
    We'll see all your asses in court when you plead out. Lulz!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Damn nice to have a functioning adult with morals and compassion in the Oval Office again. Heard Biden’s speech on my way home from therapy (frozen shoulder) and thought he nailed it. I couldn’t help grinning while I listened.
    Yay, a President that's smarter than me.