Page 3 of 410 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Thank you! 🤗
    You're welcome. I'm glad to boost your ego every now and then. 😅

I think if Soule would’ve stayed when Meredith came aboard, he already had a very good grasp of Diana and had ideas for her so I think with what Meredith wanted to bring, they both would’ve collaborated a lot better.
    More than coordinate with another writer, she needed some help with dialogues, etc...

Hehe... very unexpected but 😄 very proud and happy for it!
    June 2020 will have similar results. 😝
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-01-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Post Christmas/New Year pics from another familiar cosplay couple! They are so cute!

https://instagram.com/power_couple_0218

Post Christmas/New Year pics from another familiar cosplay couple! They are so cute!

https://instagram.com/power_couple_0218
    Nice pics set. 👍 As I already said we'll probably see SM/WW Christmas pics till mid-January. That's just the beginning. 😉

I noticed that the account that posted the pics is named "Power Couple" and in the description they wrote: "The Adventures of Superman and Wonder Woman 💪🏽🙅🏻" 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    You're welcome. I'm glad to boost your ego every now and then. 😅
    Hahaha! 😝

More than coordinate with another writer, she needed some help with dialogues, etc...
    Yeah, this is what I’m reffering to as well LOL
    Charles could’ve definitely helped her.

June 2020 will have similar results. 😝
    Hoping so!! Crossed fingers

Nice pics set. 👍 As I already said we'll probably see SM/WW Christmas pics till mid-January. That's just the beginning. 😉

I noticed that the account that posted the pics is named "Power Couple" and in the description they wrote: "The Adventures of Superman and Wonder Woman 💪🏽🙅🏻" 😉
    Hahahaha!! So expect all “post-“ posts be it Halloween or Christmas...it takes about two more months.

Yep! Love it!! 🙌
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-01-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Definitely the lasso is very important in this relationship!

Hahaha! 😝
    😅

Yeah, this is what I’m reffering to as well LOL
    Charles could’ve definitely helped her.
    Just admit that you would like Charles to have ghost-written the WW book too. 😉

Hoping so!! Crossed fingers
    🤞

Hahahaha!! So expect all “post-“ posts be it Halloween or Christmas...it takes about two more months.
    I'm not going to complain... they can keep posting their Halloween or Christmas pics for the whole year... more material for us to share. 😝

Yep! Love it!! 🙌
    🙌

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post

lol. Nice find. As LoveStar would say "He likes being lassoed by Diana." 😉
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-01-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    So wait. Being idealistic, wanting to do what is right and challenging the status quo ie the way Clark did with Morgan Edge or stood firm to the generals and politicians who wanted him to share his weaponry in the FOS for their use, being proud of yr heritage as much as those who raised you like Diana did etc etc is being Godly? Huh? Then Black Panther and Cap are Godly too right? Because they stood up for what they believed in and BP also stood proudly for his heritage. That is such bs. Again with the old outdated troupes DC keep wanting to push and some who want everything to be as it was in the 70ties. Well it can't be. I believe individually both new 52 Clark and Diana were very relateable. They have fears and dreams and feelings and family etc. What's normal? You have to be with an American only? Or a member of the human race only. Pfft. That is nonsense.

There are great men and women in this world who change history and they don't do it because they are like everyday people. They have something more to them, work harder, sacrifice more, have a talent we don't have. To assume they have to be normal is such a cop out by DC. SMWW fall in the not normal category but also not Gods either. "We are not like the Gods but we are not like them either..." What is wrong in acknowledging that? Have you notice if it is a human in space somehow he brings peace and logic and is oh so heroic but an alien in a human world can't do that because somehow they want to portray them as cold and culture-less and lacking in humanity or humane emotion ? This is the xenophobic subtext I dislike a lot. There are some at DC want to throw Diana under the bus as part of this mind set makes me furious. It's part of the old troupes and a lack of understanding the world itself has changed. The DCU is a microcosm, much like the world we live in and they need to stop with the humanizing crap or only humans can depict certain themes. The DCU is full of sentient beings who all have potential for enormous good and bad and can inspire each other.

And you are right, they find a connection together, a shared vision of the world they fight for, an emotional and philosophical connection, they can challenge each other's ideas IF written well to allow growth, and as a couple...they have the same problems all of us do yet they have that added burden that they have duty, a higher calling, that in fact can make their stories even more compelling because of the scale. You can go as small or as big as you want with smww. Look at them meeting the God Family and then the sweet Chico Bento story. And with smww you can explore them outside of the stagnation bubble where they remain one age and really get tested by time etc this...making them as Frank Miller said..."operatic" and Alan Moore..."Epic" .
    Yep yep! Unlike Black Panther, Captain America, and now even Aquaman, Superman has been portrayed as the all American goody two shoes Boy Scout. And to be “normal” and be “linked to humanity” you have to be an American. Superman is suppose to be the greatest hero ever but sometimes somethings become questionable with him. It’s not earned, it just is. Just as Batman said, he becomes an inspiration (and relevant) when he dies.

When faced with challenges, the outcomes are already predicted and it’s expected that everything is all peachy by the end with very little consequences. As long as Superman is in his comfort zone, he is good but challenge that and he mentally and emotionally becomes cowardly or tipping to being unhinged.

Diana challenging him as she was/is suppose to, was/is deemed as wrong. She wanted him to live his truth as every other person is encouraged to and would do.

What was wrong with that? She dared also to challenge the many years of contradictions. Can’t say Superman stood for truth yet pretended to be a mild-mannered doofus with glasses. Can’t say Superman stood for truth, yet was giving stories or writing them on himself...conflict of interest, unethical. Can’t say he stood for truth, but yet was in denial about his own truth of who he is, acting resentful. He isn’t “just” Clark Kent. Why is this even a thing in the first place? He isn’t “just” Superman either though. He is all equally of one man embracing his alien heritage and cherishing the values of his human adopted parents. This is what Diana sees and that’s what we should see as a modern audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post

Clearly it is! LOL love it!

Just admit that you would like Charles to have ghost-written the WW book too. 😉
    I do! Yes I do! Charles should write Wonder Woman (ft. Superman)

I'm not going to complain... they can keep posting their Halloween or Christmas pics for the whole year... more material for us to share. 😝
    Right right! More to share! More love to spread!!

lol. Nice find. As LoveStar would say "He likes being lassoed by Diana." 😉
    Hehe you know it!
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-01-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Yep yep! Unlike Black Panther, Captain America, and now even Aquaman, Superman has been portrayed as the all American goody two shoes Boy Scout. And to be “normal” and be “linked to humanity” you have to be an American. Superman is suppose to be the greatest hero ever but sometimes somethings become questionable with him. It’s not earned, it just is. Just as Batman said, he becomes an inspiration (and relevant) when he dies.

When faced with challenges, the outcomes are already predicted and it’s expected that everything is all peachy by the end with very little consequences. As long as Superman is in his comfort zone, he is good but challenge that and he mentally and emotionally becomes cowardly or tipping to being unhinged.

Diana challenging him as she was/is suppose to, was/is deemed as wrong. She wanted him to live his truth as every other person is encouraged to and would do.

What was wrong with that? She dared also to challenge the many years of contradictions. Can’t say Superman stood for truth yet pretended to be a mild-mannered doofus with glasses. Can’t say Superman stood for truth, yet was giving stories or writing them on himself...conflict of interest, unethical. Can’t say he stood for truth, but yet was in denial about his own truth of who he is, acting resentful. He isn’t “just” Clark Kent. Why is this even a thing in the first place? He isn’t “just” Superman either though. He is all equally of one man embracing his alien heritage and cherishing the values of his human adopted parents. This is what Diana sees and that’s what we should see as a modern audience.
    Nothing is wrong with being a goody two shoes. Cap is one. Indeed so is Diana and I'd say Challa too. Thing is they were well executed , shown that their goodness was unconditional and inherent or developed from youth upwards, from a sense of duty and sacrifice for the greater good. Killing Superman is trite now and tbh dying is not all that . It is how you live and the choices you make while life hurls challenges and even tragedy at you. And I have said it before "goody two shoes" ie idealists should be the most complex of people and life would be very hard for them. Because it is not easy to be good. It is not easy to be a moral compass in the world we live in. Look at all the goody two shoes in history. Some are intellectual firebrands and handful for TPTB and they never had to lift even a finger ie be violent. They challenge the status quo to examine itself and change for the better. Superman apparently supposed to lead us to the sun or some thing like that...I assume that meant leading by example and being a good man and shouldering those burdens and responsibilities and if Clark is supposed to be for truth, it comes with ethics and what he is doing is a sham in our modern day world The closest we ever got an ethical Clark was new 52 and Truth because of the situation and having his life outed and living with that and dealing with it. Not given keys to cities because they tell you he is good and or lazing around for ten years to live in comfort. Diana played a big role in this too. Starting under Soule, asking him pertinent questions about his identity, challenging him about doing their duty , putting the world first, heck Clark even realized that the world knowing he was dating her was going to be part of life and was nothing to fear. " Let em look." That was a big moment. You can't be a high profile person and have it both ways all the time. Up to movie stars, Kings, Presidents, writers, politicians, any one in the lime light have to live openly and can't pick and choose what people see of them. The excuse of privacy I get but if you are going to be writing about other people and putting it there for the world to judge them, you need to turn that mirror on yourself. Else you are a hypocrite. The new 52 with ideas re journalism by Lobdell and Truth show us you can do Clark Kent in a very interesting, modern way while dealing with a couple like SMWW. It's just DC was sloppy with overall execution and not willing to allow the story to unfold organically.

More “Post Christmas/New Year pics from the lovely couple!

You were thinking of this moment while typing it, right? 😉

Definitely one of my favorite moment of the run.

I do! Yes I do! Charles should write Wonder Woman (ft. Superman)
    I knew it!

Right right! More to share! More love to spread!!
    👍

Hehe you know it!
    You have new chances to mentioning it every week. 🤭

Other nice pics. 👍 I assume the "power couple" account will post more of these kind of pics in the future, no? 😎

Nothing is wrong with being a goody two shoes. Cap is one. Indeed so is Diana and I'd say Challa too. Thing is they were well executed , shown that their goodness was unconditional and inherent or developed from youth upwards, from a sense of duty and sacrifice for the greater good. Killing Superman is trite now and tbh dying is not all that . It is how you live and the choices you make while life hurls challenges and even tragedy at you. And I have said it before "goody two shoes" ie idealists should be the most complex of people and life would be very hard for them. Because it is not easy to be good. It is not easy to be a moral compass in the world we live in. Look at all the goody two shoes in history. Some are intellectual firebrands and handful for TPTB and they never had to lift even a finger ie be violent. They challenge the status quo to examine itself and change for the better. Superman apparently supposed to lead us to the sun or some thing like that...I assume that meant leading by example and being a good man and shouldering those burdens and responsibilities and if Clark is supposed to be for truth, it comes with ethics and what he is doing is a sham in our modern day world The closest we ever got an ethical Clark was new 52 and Truth because of the situation and having his life outed and living with that and dealing with it. Not given keys to cities because they tell you he is good and or lazing around for ten years to live in comfort. Diana played a big role in this too. Starting under Soule, asking him pertinent questions about his identity, challenging him about doing their duty , putting the world first, heck Clark even realized that the world knowing he was dating her was going to be part of life and was nothing to fear. " Let em look." That was a big moment. You can't be a high profile person and have it both ways all the time. Up to movie stars, Kings, Presidents, writers, politicians, any one in the lime light have to live openly and can't pick and choose what people see of them. The excuse of privacy I get but if you are going to be writing about other people and putting it there for the world to judge them, you need to turn that mirror on yourself. Else you are a hypocrite. The new 52 with ideas re journalism by Lobdell and Truth show us you can do Clark Kent in a very interesting, modern way while dealing with a couple like SMWW. It's just DC was sloppy with overall execution and not willing to allow the story to unfold organically.
    I totally agree 1,000+%!

🤔Goody two shoes without substance, meaning Superman has become very much a self righteous preachy hypocrite. But that’s accepted because somehow, it became gloss over and propped up as “tradition”. Diana again challenging those “traditional” ideas was bad because it opened up more to be questioned and thought about.

Clark being a blogger, is way more suited in this era. He needs to travel. He needs to be more open. Be the true leader of change. That’s exactly the sense of what Diana gave him. That’s the hard part creatively, writers run from. They would rather stay in stagnation, repeat old troupes, regress the character than change and modernize the character as intended.

New52 Superman and Wonder Woman had some of the right ideas as individuals and as a couple but yes, better execution was needed. Like I said in the other thread, from what we got overall, the couple and what’s intended from them, what their dynamic is, is known for was shown to be very real and relatable. The dynamic they have as a man and woman of true equals makes a very powerful positive statement. That should NOT ever be twisted as something bad. It should be something embraced and valued.

You were thinking of this moment while typing it, right? 😉

Definitely one of my favorite moment of the run.
    Yes! But not just in this run, but throughout their history together, Diana has always seen him this way.

I knew it!
    LOL 😏 no shame, no denying! I’m really hoping one day he can!

You have new chances to mentioning it every week. 🤭
    Because it’s their thing! 😂 it HAS to be mentioned!

Other nice pics. 👍 I assume the "power couple" account will post more of these kind of pics in the future, no? 😎
    Hoping so!!!

I totally agree 1,000+%!

��Goody two shoes without substance, meaning Superman has become very much a self righteous preachy hypocrite. But that’s accepted because somehow, it became gloss over and propped up as “tradition”. Diana again challenging those “traditional” ideas was bad because it opened up more to be questioned and thought about.

Clark being a blogger, is way more suited in this era. He needs to travel. He needs to be more open. Be the true leader of change. That’s exactly the sense of what Diana gave him. That’s the hard part creatively, writers run from. They would rather stay in stagnation, repeat old troupes, regress the character than change and modernize the character as intended.

He needs to stop this investigative journalism thing. It's not even for his benefit, given the extent of his abilities and what he can do. Leave it to people who don't have super senses and who it means something to find out a mystery and do "hard work" to earn and get a Pulitzer. His writing should be the stories that no one wants or pays attention to because there is no glory in it. There are tons of situations that don't get even a look in by the media. And its the human interest ones. He should be abroad as well as parts of his country that needs situations highlighted. He shouldn't be bogged down in metropolis. I mean I though it was some golden city that had no probs so why the hell is he always hanging around there? We know it's just to prop old troupes. And Diana given her history has been known to be a bit of a humanitarian, involved in social causes, wanting to help others, esp women. Outside of their heroics there is so much other stuff they can do to help build the characters' traits and personalities. Johns wasted a great chance in the Khandaq moment by trying to throw Diana under the bus and make Clark sound like a he silly boy who can't have an adult conversation. A supposed experienced reporter actually said let us change the topic and Batman treat them like children. While in the annual Clark sounded like a preachy so and so when she became God of War which was so out of sync given he knew under Soule's pen and did not judge her and he killed Doomsday himself. Again for old troupes, not a chance to have the characters explore and challenge their own morals and actions in a modern context. Sigh so much wasted opportunities. Can Charles Soule pllllease come back to finish what he wanted to do????? One can dream.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-01-2019 at 05:24 PM.

He needs to stop this investigative journalism thing. It's not even for his benefit, given the extent of his abilities and what he can do. Leave it to people who don't have super senses and who it means something to find out a mystery and do "hard work" to earn and get a Pulitzer. His writing should be the stories that no one wants or pays attention to because there is no glory in it. There are tons of situations that don't get even a look in by the media. And its the human interest ones. He should be abroad as well as parts of his country that needs situations highlighted. He shouldn't be bogged down in metropolis. I mean I though it was some golden city that had no probs so why the hell is he always hanging around there? We know it's just to prop old troupes. And Diana given her history has been known to be a bit of a humanitarian, involved in social causes, wanting to help others, esp women. Outside of their heroics there is so much other stuff they can do to help build the characters' traits and personalities. Johns wasted a great chance in the Khandaq moment by trying to throw Diana under the bus and make Clark sound like a he silly boy who can't have an adult conversation. A supposed experienced reporter actually said let us change the topic and Batman treat them like children. While in the annual Clark sounded like a preachy so and so when she became God of War which was so out of sync given he knew under Soule's pen and did not judge her and he killed Doomsday himself. Again for old troupes, not a chance to have the characters explore and challenge their own morals and actions in a modern context. Sigh so much wasted opportunities.
    Exactly! Diana is a humanitarian! Why is it bad she wants to help people, especially the women and children of other countries? Contrived conflict. Clark should be using his super abilities and writing skills to travel the world and open eyes to the broader aspects of the world to the stories that don’t get the attention needed. He and Diana helping all around and telling of their experiences. It’s not about awards, it shouldn’t be about awards. It’s about making a true change for the better. It’s about bringing people to a united understanding and honestly, I haven’t seen a compelling story in which that has been shown. Articles of praising Superman? Nah, that doesn’t work anymore.

Soule had Clark very much interested in what it meant for Diana to be “God of War”. He didn’t have a problem with it at all. Again, picking and turning things upside down for contrived unnecesary conflict.

aw how sweet
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Another feature of SMWW-inspired couples is the freshness and sense of humor! Always in high spirits and doing good!