Page 404 of 662 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I know for sure that I've never said cloning was creepy. I said where is the risk of death when you know that you will be brought back time after time. It just cheapens the death like it has so many times before(and not just for mutants). You can't honestly feel that you will be the same, that you won't lose apart of yourself when you are resurrected.

It would a lot more interesting that if they are going the resurrection route, they follow how Cylons where resurrected on the updated version of Battlestar Galactica. The human/Cylons were resurrected so many times, that they were becoming less and less of themselves. They even began questioning the resurrection process.

But I won't derail the thread further with this topic. Back to Storm.
    That was by no means an @ you btw just fyi lol more so other die hard X-fans who have differing opinions than me about this. Yes I agree it would entirely change the dynamic both generally as a race and personally as an individual. I just hope that with good enough writing it could actually be interesting and most importantly NEW!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol yes ignore all the negativity!!! it's a new day beloved!!!

right and boo I was one of them. although for a week. we storm fans arent always everyone's flavor.... even among other storm fans. I'm sure you read the drama that went down over on comicvine. lol

No what went down! I’m in a messy mood and I want to know lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I second this. I'd like to know too.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

do you like to discuss the mechanism behind Ororo's power... well read this in its entirety and the messy gods will hopefully be appeased lol:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/storm...rms-p-2044419/

enjoy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I second this. I'd like to know too.
    see the above link if you care to learn about the thermodynamics of ororo... enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yes, this is the elusive scan. Thank you. It was driving me crazy. What book and issue?
    you're very welcome beloved and it's from issue 13 of this season of black panther!!

Powerful beings that are worshipped as gods. Of course we still dont know if Bast and company were mutants, sorcerers, or mutates.

If Tchalla told her what he saw in the Memory Plane, she'd know they aren't gods.
    before I go deeper into this what is marvels definition of a God? there seems to be more to it than just extremely powerful beings worshipped as gods because it that case any powerful mutant would be one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Using that logic there be gods and there'd be GODS!
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-30-2019 at 11:28 PM.

do you like to discuss the mechanism behind Ororo's power... well read this in its entirety and the messy gods will hopefully be appeased lol:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/storm...rms-p-2044419/

enjoy lol.

see the above link if you care to learn about the thermodynamics of ororo... enjoy.

you're very welcome beloved and it's from issue 13 of this season of black panther!!

before I go deeper into this what is marvels definition of a God? there seems to be more to it than just extremely powerful beings worshipped as gods because it that case any powerful mutant would be one.
    I think we've discussed it before. The story with the demiurge spreading gods stuff and the pantheons of Earth coming into existence. Bast would have been part of this, but Coates made them mortal first so they cant be real gods.

That was by no means an @ you btw just fyi lol more so other die hard X-fans who have differing opinions than me about this. Yes I agree it would entirely change the dynamic both generally as a race and personally as an individual. I just hope that with good enough writing it could actually be interesting and most importantly NEW!
    It's all good! We have an understanding between us.

I think we've discussed it before. The story with the demiurge spreading gods stuff and the pantheons of Earth coming into existence. Bast would have been part of this, but Coates made them mortal first so they cant be real gods.
    but from that story it was clear that the beings such as the asgardians were actual gods. having divine energy and getting stronger through faith separates them from just super powerful beings.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

but from that story it was clear that the beings such as the asgardians were actual gods. having divine energy and getting stronger through faith separates them from just super powerful beings.
    But in MCU there treated as powerful beings who are mistaken for gods. And Coates has the Wakandan gods being mortals who can ascend to "god" level. But I wouldn't put them in the same class as 616 asgardians or the other pantheons. Because its reasonable if they can ascend, than lack of faith would cause them to descend.

But in MCU there treated as powerful beings who are mistaken for gods. And Coates has the Wakandan gods being mortals who can ascend to "god" level. But I wouldn't put them in the same class as 616 asgardians or the other pantheons. Because its reasonable if they can ascend, than lack of faith would cause them to descend.
    But the same thing happened with Thor. he was depowered and it was a prayer that allowed him to live and regain his God powers.

and asgardians powers are dependent on followers or people who believe in them:

BANNED

HOW DARE you bring this Pretender God of the Weather in a Storm Appreciation Thread........

Thor's New Name is: Thor the Pretender.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    HOW DARE you bring this Pretender God of the Weather in a Storm Appreciation Thread........

Thor's New Name is: Thor the Pretender.
    lmfao hahaha!! I love that name.

question. now that Ororo is confirmed omega with unlimited potential with weather manipulation who do you think would win against her and thor??

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

GODDESS!!! When it's plainly stated like that, Coates' premise sounds even more like the stench of rotting corpses in a landfill.
    He's ruined Wakanda with his personal, contrived and Black-Americanised world view.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

lmfao hahaha!! I love that name.

question. now that Ororo is confirmed omega with unlimited potential with weather manipulation who do you think would win against her and thor??
    If Storm's Goddess Mode or powers whatever gives her a boost in Durability and Strength. Or Just durability alone.....Storm would most likely win.

I say that because as a Goddess she can dissipate Sentient Storm's. Thor's Hammer is a Sentient Storm. BUT the Mother Storm that resides in Thor's hammer is also a Natural Occurrence which means Storm not being in her Godmode being a Omega Level Mutant with unlimited potential would allow Storm to seize control of Cosmic Storm's or create them or even dissipate them. Mother Storm included.

But due to the Volume of how Big and powerful the Mother Storm is......Storm is going to need to work extra hard for this...............IMO.

I say Storm Wins.

But the same thing happened with Thor. he was depowered and it was a prayer that allowed him to live and regain his God powers.

and asgardians powers are dependent on followers or people who believe in them:

Donald Blake is a special case and an example of lower god status. Odin puts him in that body to teach him humility. Which means he downgraded him on purpose. So Donald Blake Thor could be considered Wakandan level because he switches back and forth