Page 906 of 929 FirstFirst ... 406806856896902903904905906907908909910916 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,590 of 13927
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

SM/WW by classic DC artist/inker Romeo Tanghal Sr.

Superman complains with Diana about his trunks by Alessio Mariani...

DCEU parallels...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    SMWW fans are certainly. It was only a matter of time with this picture.

Attachment 66368
    Nice fan-edit. XD

I continue to believe Joe Kelly is a secret SuperWonder fan. He's had them in some pretty intimate circumstances.

On the other hand, SMWW are the definition for "innocent flirtation"
    Back then it was quite common to depict them that way. Even closer than that.
    SM/WW have started to develop this kind of relationship since the pre-Crisis era, and it was established in the post-Crisis continuity that they were best friends/close friends and the display of affection/comforting each other was the standard of their interactions, no matter how the writers felt about them as a pontential couple.
    It was after IC that I feel that their friendship/interaction became a matter of individual writers' preferences and no longer the norm.

Btw, 2 panels from the original Kelly's comic...

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-28-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    He wrote her only in SM/WW.

I think he was trying to find a middle ground between Johns/Azzarello/Perez's Diana.

I feel his Superman was more in line with the post-Crisis version than Pak/Morrison's.

A few panels are from the first 5/6 issues of the year-long weekly series Trinity. Other panels are from WW #226, Superman 80-page Giant #2, WW Annual #1 (2007), Legends of the DC Universe #31, WW #11 (2007), Chuck Austen's AC run, WW #88, Superman #661. We covered a lot of these comics in the "trip down the memory lane" of a few months ago.
    Thanks for responding. I recognize several of the panels used in the video. However, the ones used in the time stamp I listed weren't familiar. I'll look further.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I've looked at it but I'm sorry I could not tell you what comic they belong to
    Thanks for taking the time to look. I appreciate that.

Nice fan-edit. XD

Back then it was quite common to depict them that way. Even closer than that.
    SM/WW have started to develop this kind of relationship since the pre-Crisis era, and it was established in the post-Crisis continuity that they were best friends/close friends and the display of affection/comforting each other was the standard of their interactions, no matter how the writers felt about them as a pontential couple.
    It was after IC that I feel that their friendship/interaction became a matter of individual writers' preferences and no longer the norm.

Btw, 2 panels from the original Kelly's comic...

That is true. I noticed specifically with him though that he tended to have SMWW 'questionably' close...
    Nevertheless, I'm continuing my quest to read more comics from the pre IC/pre-flashpoint era that features SMWW's closeness.

Wonder Woman by IDW/Image artist Drew Moss...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjWPAmpH-Ig/

Wonder Woman (Cassie) saves her boyfriend Superman (Conner) from a kryptonite bullet in Injustice 2 #60...

"Super Couple" cosplay...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjR8k8dgqg_/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-02-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks for responding. I recognize several of the panels used in the video. However, the ones used in the time stamp I listed weren't familiar. I'll look further.
    I'm glad to help.

That is true. I noticed specifically with him though that he tended to have SMWW 'questionably' close...
    Nevertheless, I'm continuing my quest to read more comics from the pre IC/pre-flashpoint era that features SMWW's closeness.
    Good luck with your SM/WW quest. There's ton of material to looking for, especially from the post-Crisis era.
    Have you ever looked at the pre-crisis SM+WW stuff? It's a little dated and silly, but it's worth it for the historical perspective.
    I may cover that era like I did for the post-Crisis one.

I'm not too familiar with this kind of Behind-The-Scenes kind of stuff but:
    Is the writer or the artist more responsible for what is on paper? Or both? What with the alleged tendency of Joe Kelly to present Superman and Wonder Woman to be very close in the art of a story.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    I'm not too familiar with this kind of Behind-The-Scenes kind of stuff but:
    Is the writer or the artist more responsible for what is on paper? Or both? What with the alleged tendency of Joe Kelly to present Superman and Wonder Woman to be very close in the art of a story.
    I think all credit should go to the Artist Doug Mahnke of SM/WW fame rather then Joe Kelly.

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman stealing the Snyder cut

the second part

Wonder Woman by IDW/Image artist Drew Moss...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjWPAmpH-Ig/

Wonder Woman (Cassie) saves her boyfriend Superman (Conner) from a kryptonite bullet in Injustice 2 #60...

"Super Couple" cosplay...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjR8k8dgqg_/

Not to be THAT guy, but that last picture looks like something "nasty" is about to go between Supes and Wondie.
    I imagine it to be like Marston-esque BDSM but with role reversal between Kal and Diana.
    Also the Insta post is gone for some reason?

NSFW SM/WW art by "Playboy Magazine" artist Pachu M. Torres... https://www.instagram.com/p/BjZrJJDnOmD/

Soule/Daniel's "Power Couple" in the DC Comics - The Best of Super-Heroes Collection...

https://www.instagram.com/infinitycomics78/

SM/WW collage (WIP) by Tammy Arnold...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjDuvG7gbZg/

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    the second part
    I hope they don't break up for a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    Not to be THAT guy, but that last picture looks like something "nasty" is about to go between Supes and Wondie.
    I imagine it to be like Marston-esque BDSM but with role reversal between Kal and Diana.
    Also the Insta post is gone for some reason?
    Yeah, it's a "sexy" pic, the photographer said in his post that it's not the full image...

"Cropped peek at the newest in my super couples series 😄 full body is up on Patreon because IG would delete/censor this one in a second *shakes fist* 📷 @davidlovephotog"

For the love of these two, I used the bit of time I had to make a collage.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg