Page 107 of 772 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that was very nice with her connection to the planet being able to sense another mutant. who needs telepathy when you got that ok lolol.

this was a spectacular day to be a storm fan we have so much to be happy for and I have zero complaints. and it ALL came through the offices of Black Panther.

xoffices: in the words of miss Jackson what have you done for me lately?
    I feel like Storm might be the strongest elemental superhero in marvel. Her connection to earth denotes a certain level of conciousness that it is almost if not divine.
    I mean even Jean herself madam grey queen of psychics said that storms connection to the world is on a level even she cannot fathom and she hosted the god Damm Phoenix. I think that may be what Hickman is going to expand on with the artifact she was holding in the reign of x poster one of its names was the elemental cosmic heart. But as time has shown this could all be a dud and we could be very disappointed with the outcome I just hope the situation is decent and her power and character is exposed upon. I liked how synch leveled up that was wonderful and made him just as powerful if not so than rouge an extremely powerful alpha.

they would complain the military is outshining tchalla and we can't have that happen lol
    Also on this issue though I understand where BP fans are coming from, it is not genuine that he does everything all the time because he is not exactly powerful not on his own, he is an excellent fighter and an insane genius but there are beings that outclasses him sooo much it's not even funny, his ex wife is literally a goddess and an omega level mutant at the same time. She appearing in a book with and he having to dish out the heaviest blow doesn't make sense especially for his character because he is very smart. Why think around it if Ororo can just wipe an Armada with a thought. In this I get them and their complaint but truthfully black panther is a strategist as much as he is a fighter it's not everything he would involve himself in directly.

I always find if curious when there is issue with a team of all black heroes being assembled to fight when the same concern is never expressed when a team of all white heroes come together. I think Coates is trying to change that exact narrative. If its ok for the white characters, why can't the black ones do the same without it being questioned?

Bast is a goddess, as well as the Orisha. Time doesn't exist for the in the manner it would for humans. That said, she teleported to their location it wasn't a time skip.

yes exactly. aren't these like beta level mutants or something? I forget which classification they fall under.
    I am truly offended by this comment. You are generalism me with a group which I do not like or fit in. You think that I have problems with all the black heroes team when this is not true at all. All I needed was a few pages showcasing how he contacted them and convince them to come. Miles would be completely out of character (OOC), if he suddenly ditches his school or his city only because someone else calls him for example. The same goes and for other characters. They suddenly appear in Wakanda for intergalactic threat, I do get that, and I do agree that a bigger team is needed and if it is all black team even better, they get to shine but for real, how did BP convince them to come, what did he say? Did he interact with them over the intercom or did he sent some of his militia to contact them directly. That is the piece that is missing and for me, that is a very important missed opportunity to enhance on BP's connections outside of Wakanda and character evolution.

I am no American, so please don't put me under the racists' branch just because I am missing an important panel in the comics. I would have reacted exactly the same way if the team was all white, hot and nude males. When you have sloppy writing or you've missed an important panel or few, I will call for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I feel like Storm might be the strongest elemental superhero in marvel. Her connection to earth denotes a certain level of conciousness that it is almost if not divine.
    I mean even Jean herself madam grey queen of psychics said that storms connection to the world is on a level even she cannot fathom and she hosted the god Damm Phoenix. I think that may be what Hickman is going to expand on with the artifact she was holding in the reign of x poster one of its names was the elemental cosmic heart. But as time has shown this could all be a dud and we could be very disappointed with the outcome I just hope the situation is decent and her power and character is exposed upon. I liked how synch leveled up that was wonderful and made him just as powerful if not so than rouge an extremely powerful alpha.

Also on this issue though I understand where BP fans are coming from, it is not genuine that he does everything all the time because he is not exactly powerful not on his own, he is an excellent fighter and an insane genius but there are beings that outclasses him sooo much it's not even funny, his ex wife is literally a goddess and an omega level mutant at the same time. She appearing in a book with and he having to dish out the heaviest blow doesn't make sense especially for his character because he is very smart. Why think around it if Ororo can just wipe an Armada with a thought. In this I get them and their complaint but truthfully black panther is a strategist as much as he is a fighter it's not everything he would involve himself in directly.
    True that and I've seen a lot of BP referring to this "but he is a genius" he can take his wife down. And I am like, What the actual F? Wasn't it bad enough have satellites specifically created to counter his wife powers in the XvA, which was total bullshit and T'Challa, in my personal opinion, would have never done that unless Storm was completely out of control or not herself and was destroying Wakanda, but no... he did it because he needed an advantage over his wife over some pitty between their two teams. Don't get me wrong, I am not flattering Storm either, they both were as wrong as they can be so completely OOC.

Regardless, I do believe T'Challa is both, overlooked (on a few occasions and missed opportunities to evolve his character and personality) and given plenty of feats (with which most BP fans are not happy). For example, how can you not be happy with beating all the ancestral BP reincarnations and restoring all enslaved men and women's memories? That is a pretty huge feat. Or how about finding Prime Wakanda while his memory was still quite messed up. Or regaining his memories of Ororo and him, and his love about her... come on he had some pretty damn good feats, but I do agree that there could have been a lot more personality evolution, built and others, especially with the last issue. Instead of having him contact those heroes via intercom and sparring what? 2-3 pannels to show his request for their help and convincing them to help him, is not a missed opportunity? Right.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I am truly offended by this comment. You are generalism me with a group which I do not like or fit in. You think that I have problems with all the black heroes team when this is not true at all. All I needed was a few pages showcasing how he contacted them and convince them to come. Miles would be completely out of character (OOC), if he suddenly ditches his school or his city only because someone else calls him for example. The same goes and for other characters. They suddenly appear in Wakanda for intergalactic threat, I do get that, and I do agree that a bigger team is needed and if it is all black team even better, they get to shine but for real, how did BP convince them to come, what did he say? Did he interact with them over the intercom or did he sent some of his militia to contact them directly. That is the piece that is missing and for me, that is a very important missed opportunity to enhance on BP's connections outside of Wakanda and character evolution.

I am no American, so please don't put me under the racists' branch just because I am missing an important panel in the comics. I would have reacted exactly the same way if the team was all white, hot and nude males. When you have sloppy writing or you've missed an important panel or few, I will call for it.

True that and I've seen a lot of BP referring to this "but he is a genius" he can take his wife down. And I am like, What the actual F? Wasn't it bad enough have satellites specifically created to counter his wife powers in the XvA, which was total bullshit and T'Challa, in my personal opinion, would have never done that unless Storm was completely out of control or not herself and was destroying Wakanda, but no... he did it because he needed an advantage over his wife over some pitty between their two teams. Don't get me wrong, I am not flattering Storm either, they both were as wrong as they can be so completely OOC.

Regardless, I do believe T'Challa is both, overlooked (on a few occasions and missed opportunities to evolve his character and personality) and given plenty of feats (with which most BP fans are not happy). For example, how can you not be happy with beating all the ancestral BP reincarnations and restoring all enslaved men and women's memories? That is a pretty huge feat. Or how about finding Prime Wakanda while his memory was still quite messed up. Or regaining his memories of Ororo and him, and his love about her... come on he had some pretty damn good feats, but I do agree that there could have been a lot more personality evolution, built and others, especially with the last issue. Instead of having him contact those heroes via intercom and sparring what? 2-3 pannels to show his request for their help and convincing them to help him, is not a missed opportunity? Right.
    Thanks for explaining the problem a lot of people have with the Black Super-Hero League. This was just an ass pull by Coates. There was no build up to these heroes just showing up in Wakanda. The problem isn't that they were there. The problem is that it was a very weak attempt at showing Black unity because Coates didn't put in the work to show why these heroes came together. They were just there. And then to just have Black heroes only makes it look like white heroes either weren't contacted or didn't bother to return T'Challa's call.

I'm all for Black heroes helping other Black heroes and having an all Black moment but I also want the damn story to make sense when they do it.

I don't know if anyone has posted, but ...
    Attachment 106556

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

1. her ability that allows her to feel when a tree is dying from being able to detect disturbances with the planet due to her communion granted by her powers does seem somewhat divine in nature. I never really thought about it that way. I won't say she is the most powerful but not many if any mutant I'm aware of can make such a claim thst ororo can. I'm not sure what the xoffices have in store for her but I hope they expound on her gift of godhead.

2. To your second point I argued this same point back in 2017/18 when Coates had storm defeat adversary. I told dome of his fans then that tchalla doesn't possess the abilities to defeat a character like him in the way ororo can. They were upset that she defeated him while tchalla was the mastermind that put all the players together to allow for the victory. The bottom of the line herr is that some of his fans want him doing everything and beating everyone but as you said his greatest asset imp is his mind. he will know when to delegate and when to fight so as to ensure victory. I dont see that as a bad thing.

If we are to have a discussion please don't misconstrue my statements. I never said you or anyone else was racists. I am pointing out a double standard applied to the use of all black team versus white ones, which us a factual one. As I said previously these questions are not asked or have not been asked when white characters are called to duty to fight common threats. I dont personally think its relevant to the story to see how he called a group of heroes to fight the "big boss." The answer is it happened off panel. If readers have been following the story they should know the level of threat warrants a pretty strong defense. In this case Coates wanted to highlight black heroes, for once, standing in solidarity against an adversary possessing the power of a galactic army lead by a villain with the power of Bast.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I don't know if anyone has posted, but ...
    Attachment 106556
    Yeah, kyss posted that already ten or so pages ago.

If we are to have a discussion please don't misconstrue my statements. I never said you or anyone else was racists. I am pointing out a double standard applied to the use of all black team versus white ones, which us a factual one. As I said previously these questions are not asked or have not been asked when white characters are called to duty to fight common threats. I dont personally think its relevant to the story to see how he called a group of heroes to fight the "big boss." The answer is it happened off panel. If readers have been following the story they should know the level of threat warrants a pretty strong defense. In this case Coates wanted to highlight black heroes, for once, standing in solidarity against an adversary possessing the power of a galactic army lead by a villain with the power of Bast.
    Then I apologise, when you quote my comment then I thought you meant it as a comment directly towards my statement. Once again the issue here isn't the black heroes being there, but how they were summoned and why they were chosen. I do not think that something as important as this should be happening off-panel or at least if it is happening off-panel there should be hints like X-Men Red when Jean said that she will call for help and a few of the Avengers came to help them. Their call happened off-panel but it was hinted a few panels before that and it made sense why Captain America and some of the other avengers were summoned, they were thereafter all for the image.

Yeah, kyss posted that already ten or so pages ago.

Then I apologise, when you quote my comment then I thought you meant it as a comment directly towards my statement. Once again the issue here isn't the black heroes being there, but how they were summoned and why they were chosen. I do not think that something as important as this should be happening off-panel or at least if it is happening off-panel there should be hints like X-Men Red when Jean said that she will call for help and a few of the Avengers came to help them. Their call happened off-panel but it was hinted a few panels before that and it made sense why Captain America and some of the other avengers were summoned, they were thereafter all for the image.
    No problem and I apologize too. My intentions were not offend you or insinuate you or anyone else was racist. Coates is a writer that likes to weave a story slowly together. It has been some complaints that he drags his stories out. I do believe since this is the end of his run he wanted to go out big. So he brought in some big name black characters. It shouldn't be a surprise either imo as he has taken elements of the black experience and incorporated it into the Wakandan mythos. But I digress, I think if he had more books to tell explain things he most certainly would but given its 3 issues that detail may have been something he deemed unnecessary to the gravitas of this moment.

I saw this in twitter and I must say during the most recent reveal this is hitting on a lot of the talking points I've seen here in the past. this revenant was speaking truth:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I saw this in twitter and I must say during the most recent reveal this is hitting on a lot of the talking points I've seen here in the past. this revenant was speaking truth:

As much as UXF was hit and miss for me Storm’s revenant could’ve made an awesome addition for Storm’s rogues gallery. A twisted version of herself that is devoid of Storm’s moral/ethical struggle and has a skewed and disdainful view of Storm’s mission in life. I know Ororo went gangster on her and killed her but I’d love for them to being her back as Nova’s left hand, equalize her to Storm as a dark omega and incorporate her into Storm’s story. I recall that Bishop made Storm a revenant hunter after she killed her revenant - like a rite of passage. I’d love a story built around that, with Storm, Bishop, Cyclops, Jean & Betsy front & center.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    As much as UXF was hit and miss for me Storm’s revenant could’ve made an awesome addition for Storm’s rogues gallery. A twisted version of herself that is devoid of Storm’s moral/ethical struggle and has a skewed and disdainful view of Storm’s mission in life. I know Ororo went gangster on her and killed her but I’d love for them to being her back as Nova’s left hand, equalize her to Storm as a dark omega and incorporate her into Storm’s story. I recall that Bishop made Storm a revenant hunter after she killed her revenant - like a rite of passage. I’d love a story built around that, with Storm, Bishop, Cyclops, Jean & Betsy front & center.
    that book was more miss for me honestly but I agree about the revensnt being added to the rogue gallery. I did feel like at that time though beung underwhelmed by their abilities and was hoping for more.

oh I vaguely remember that detail about the revenant killer that would be cool. I would be curious to see how the revenant would try to twist the recent revelation she is a goddess into information she could use against her. she teased her for going away from this aspect of herself but not claimed what could she do to possibly corrupt ororo herself? it could be a challenging new threat if the revenabt was written appropriately.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously..."A skewed and disdainful view of Storm's mission in this life".
    A twisted recounting of what actually transpired throughout Storm's history so as to play on her doubts, and fears, and confidence. No "truths" were uttered by the revenant.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

[QUOTE=butterflykyss;5398689]1. her ability that allows her to feel when a tree is dying from being able to detect disturbances with the planet due to her communion granted by her powers does seem somewhat divine in nature. I never really thought about it that way. I won't say she is the most powerful but not many if any mutant I'm aware of can make such a claim thst ororo can. I'm not sure what the xoffices have in store for her but I hope they expound on her gift of godhead.

Yh I do get your statements but I will argue firmly she is the strongest. Long has it been established that Ororo's power in truth is limited by the strength of her body and her will. We know that her body can ascend into an elemental state due to the possibilities shown to us by alternate timelines and the black mirror if not certain is a strong possibility. Now her will the moment I knew without a shadow of a doubt that storm had no limit was when I found out she hosted the conciousness of eternity with no caveats what so ever it was one of the most powerful if not the most powerful testaments to her will and relates to her power being that great at least. Not that she can beat eternity but her potential and strength is literally eternal. But I could be wrong and it could be her divinity also playing a role.

Yh I do get your statements but I will argue firmly she is the strongest. Long has it been established that Ororo's power in truth is limited by the strength of her body and her will. We know that her body can ascend into an elemental state due to the possibilities shown to us by alternate timelines and the black mirror if not certain is a strong possibility. Now her will the moment I knew without a shadow of a doubt that storm had no limit was when I found out she hosted the conciousness of eternity with no caveats what so ever it was one of the most powerful if not the most powerful testaments to her will and relates to her power being that great at least. Not that she can beat eternity but her potential and strength is literally eternal. But I could be wrong and it could be her divinity also playing a role.
    Yes I think you can make the case she is the strongest as her long resume can support such a claim. Though it was never explained beyond the strength of her will, I do think her divine/mystical heritage allows for such a feat. These showings have absolutely nothing to do with her mutation so the other aspects of her powerset is the only other rationale for such a feat.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I really really wish she was a great actress. *sigh*

Diop can really act, but I dont know if she has the full Storm look like other actresses.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 02-25-2021 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I really really wish she was a great actress. *sigh*

Diop can really act, but I dont know if she has the full Storm look like other actresses.
    who is this woman, the first lady? I just saw her on twitter and who is she playing as? what show,?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-25-2021 at 04:02 PM.

1. her ability that allows her to feel when a tree is dying from being able to detect disturbances with the planet due to her communion granted by her powers does seem somewhat divine in nature. I never really thought about it that way. I won't say she is the most powerful but not many if any mutant I'm aware of can make such a claim thst ororo can. I'm not sure what the xoffices have in store for her but I hope they expound on her gift of godhead.
    Just throwing this out there, her connection to the earth could be because her family’s lineage, specifically the women, are favored by Osthur, Gaea’s sister, so it could be the earth sees her as family in away.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!