Page 14 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    IAnd I couldn't believe they got Natalie Portman back to film some scenes!!
    Portman said she was open to appearing in the MCU again since she had her son so I wasn't too shocked to see her return.

I didn't enjoy this one half as much as Avengers:Infinity War. It had some good moments, though.

If Nebula killed her younger self then she shouldn't still be alive.
    The death of younger Nebula creates an alternate timeline.

Also, if the soul stone death is permanent then how come the younger version of Gamora is back. Also, if Gamora was brought back then surely Black Widow could be too. It sucks that the Black Widow movie is just gonna be a prequel now that she is dead.
    Future Gamora died. Past Gamora is from the past.

How can Thanos die twice in the same film? It just doesn't make sense.
    The second Thanos was from the past

Also, where was the older Cap all this time?
    Living in seclusion

Peggy was left waiting for the dance but now the dance happened anyway...
    Yes

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreshGuy View Post
    If Nebula killed her younger self then she shouldn't still be alive.

Also, if the soul stone death is permanent then how come the younger version of Gamora is back. Also, if Gamora was brought back then surely Black Widow could be too. It sucks that the Black Widow movie is just gonna be a prequel now that she is dead.
    It was established early on that changing the past doesn’t change the present. They even discussed how killing baby Thanos would create an alternate timeline, but wouldn’t fix this timeline.

So when you brought past Gamora and past Nebula into the present, you created an alternate timeline that lacked those characters, but the current Nebula wasn’t affected because it was no longer ‘her’ as she was from this timeline. This was reinforced when Gamora met Quill because she wasn’t thevGamora

How can Thanos die twice in the same film? It just doesn't make sense.
    Because just like Gamora and Nebula, bringing Thanos from the past created a different timeline that lacked a Thanos and gave our timeline 2.

Also, where was the older Cap all this time?

Peggy was left waiting for the dance but now the dance happened anyway...
    And that’s where they blew it. They wanted to get cute but broke the rules.

If Cap had returned through the portal and had lived out his life in another timeline, everything is fine.

But Cap being able to go back into this timeline’s past, and make changes that affect the present, such as dancing with Peggy or heck even existing is wrong.

What I really liked about the movie is that it dead feel like a comic book story and a lot of the scenes reminded me of comic book panels.

Hippy Thor was funny.

I liked that a lot of the characters got to have important with the people who have died so they got some closure around their loss, like when Thor spoke to his Mum, or Tony speaking to his Dad.

I loved the final battle when all the heros were there. It was cool seeing everybody altogether and I love that Pepper was a hero in the film at the end, that was awesome.
    Loved all the old timelines, especially the Hydra stuff.

I'm curious about what happened to the past version of Loki though that disappeared with the infinity stone.
    In that timeline you have Loki running loose with the Tesseract. It has no bearing on the present.

I liked New Asgard and it is cool that Valkyrie is now in charge of it.

It was awesome Korg was back too.

What has happened to Sif though? I don't remember seeing her in the final battle, although there were lots of heros so I may have missed here.

I definitely want to see the movie again but all of this has been on my mind haha

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    He's dead, so... pretty much. Plus, virtually everything he accomplished is undone so he has to rank as forgettable long-term.
    Thanos was still behind various events in the MCU one way or another. There are still thousands or even millions of people that died. Black Widow, Vision, Quicksilver, Iron Man ect. The invasion of New York still happened which played a part in what happened with the Netflix Defenders characters.

I wouldn't say Thanos accomplished nothing. The snap was undone and he was killed but that was always going to happen. Undoing the snap didn't come without a cost.

Thanos was always going to be killed. Thanos was not portrayed as being the kind of character that would just quit trying to wipe out sentient life in the universe as he believed it was his destiny and his life's work.

Yes Thanos got killed early but that was because he was in a extremely weakened state from destroying the stones and he was ambushed by the avengers. It took a army of Avengers to battle Thanos at the end and even then they only just beat him. The big three at near peak powers got beat down and he sent Captain Marvel into orbit with the power stone.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I give it 7 out of 10.

Great on spectacle and it has some genuinely great moments, but the last completely undoes the whole internal logic of the story. How can you spoilers:
    kill the Thanos from 2014
    end of spoilers and still have all the events in Infinity Wars play out. It makes no sense.

Had they simply spoilers:
    sent Thanos and all his minions back in time and used the Mind Stone to erase their memories
    end of spoilers, that would have worked.

Except they DO alter the past, which they said they couldn't do. If you can spoilers:
    kill Thanos before the events in Guardians of the Galaxy, why can't you bring Natasha and Gamora back to life.
    end of spoilers

Makes no sense.
    The rule isn’t that you cannot alter the past. The rule is that altering the past creates an alternate timeline, but does not change this present, which is derived from the original unchangeable past of this timeline.

They explained this when they ruled out killing baby Thanos, or preventing the snap. It’s why their only option was to unsnap the universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Thanos was still behind various events in the MCU one way or another. There are still thousands or even millions of people that died. Black Widow, Vision, Quicksilver, Iron Man ect. The invasion of New York still happened which played a part in what happened with the Netflix Defenders characters.
    Plus half of Gamora's race and who knows how much of the Kree race, just that we know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Eireannx View Post
    And that’s where they blew it. They wanted to get cute but broke the rules.

If Cap had returned through the portal and had lived out his life in another timeline, everything is fine.

But Cap being able to go back into this timeline’s past, and make changes that affect the present, such as dancing with Peggy or heck even existing is wrong.
    But the Sorcerer Supreme said that if you put the infinity stones back where you got them in time, they would put the divergents timelines back into the right path, fixing time. So there shouldn't be other timelines, but time paradoxes, like a younger Gamora in the present, while the past of history still has her with his father, later joining the Guardians and finally dying for the soul stone. At least that's how I undestand it, though when it gets released in bluray I'll pay more attention to details. This time I was too absorbed by the story

This reminded me of Looper, where it's basically "don't give it too much thought", because time travel theories are a pain in the ass when it's time to write a story (not that they aren't a lot of fun too and can work perfectly in some movies)

A doubt one friend had was how did Thanos and his crew made to travel through time if the only Pym Particle that Nebula had was used in her younger self. Sure, she made it to the other side and brought his father, but wouldn't be necessary for that that Thanos had another capsule of Pym Particles to shrink the ship and manage time travel? If we missed a detail that explained that please let me know to answer his question haha
    Last edited by Chubistian; 04-25-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Nobody should be told to go somewhere else if they don't conform to an echo chamber
    That’s cool, because I didn’t say anyone has to conform.

Quote Originally Posted by Eireannx View Post
    The rule isn’t that you cannot alter the past. The rule is that altering the past creates an alternate timeline, but does not change this present, which is derived from the original unchangeable past of this timeline.

They explained this when they ruled out killing baby Thanos, or preventing the snap. It’s why their only option was to unsnap the universe.
    Well then why were they mostly cautious about not altering history too much when traveling in the past? If changing the past just creates another timeline, there is no reason to be at all cautious when traveling in time. Go back there, kill baby Thanos, take your sweet time getting all the gems, travel back to your own timeline, undo the snap. There, you saved two entire universes.

It sounds like they went with alternate timelines when it served the needs of the plot, and a single timeline when it served the needs of the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Nobody should be told to go somewhere else if they don't conform to an echo chamber
    He didnt tell them they had to do anything. They said they felt like a leper for not liking the MCU. He suggested they could go to forum that shared they're opinion. That's solid advice if they are really feeling that uncomfortable. By doing such they would be joining a echochamber. This forum while like the general public is heavily in the favor of the MCU does have the spectrum represented. We got people who straight hate the MCU(But think every DCEU movies are perfect story telling), we got people who have genuine personal reasons for not liking the MCU, we got people who like some MCU movies hate others, we got people who like most but not all, and then we have the majority on the end who think most of the MCU is pretty great, and finaly we have a couple knuckle heads who think every MCU movie is the best movie ever( but every DC movie ever is a dumpster fire. But yea someone who hates every MCU across the spectrum, they are gonna have a hard time finding a place where they feel like they are in the majority. But it was the original poster who felt uncomfortable about being in the minority with they're opinion. They're are plenty of people in here who dislike atleast some MCU movies and as long as they arent acting trollish everyone gets along just fine. If everyone just agreed on everything and there was no debate these forums would be boring. But again is was the original poster who was bothered.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 04-25-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Even if there isn't one, I feel you gotta sit through the credits on principle. At this point it's a marvel movie viewing experience tradition, even if the pay off isn't always worth it.
    I noticed that Michelle Pfeiffer had a personal make-up artist for her 20 second, non speaking role.

(Though I am kind of suspecting they green-screened some of the actors who only were in that scene during the shooting of previous movie and created the crowd scene with CGI).
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Spectacular Member

I liked it but the five years things make no sense other than to have Tony get a daughter he can root for. Why not have a one year time gap? Why aren't half of Peter's friends now five years older than him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    Why aren't half of Peter's friends now five years older than him?
    Because they were dusted too

Spectacular Member

One thing that bothered me was I didn't take Black Widow's death because her movie was just announced. Took until Iron Man's funeral for me to realise it was a proper death.