Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Why do a lot of X-Men want them to be in their separate universe from the MCU/

When I am on various places on the internet and even in person a lot of X-Men fans I encounter want them separate from the MCU. Why such reason for such?

The social and political climate that is necessary for an X-Men context makes the Avengers out to be hypocritical upholders of an unjust status quo. In a world with X-Men, the Avengers are villains.

Why do we need them to interact with other heroes?
    The X-Men are full of stories ripe for translation.
    It is the other heroes who constantly need to gate crash our world that is the problem.

They try to attach logic to illogical hate.

"Oh how can people like the Avengers or other super powered beings but hate the mutants."

Which is the whole point of the X-men and the mutants in general is to be hated and feared by people. Some folks just don't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The social and political climate that is necessary for an X-Men context makes the Avengers out to be hypocritical upholders of an unjust status quo. In a world with X-Men, the Avengers are villains.
    Nailed it. The Avengers and other superhero groups in the Marvel universe are the traditional superhero. They fight to maintain the peace and preserve the status quo. They fight for little Tyrone to have safe schools to go to, for old Sally to cross the street without fear of being slaughtered by demons, they fight for the Earth's sovereignty from lifeforms that would see humans driven extinct or subjugated.

The X-Men's entire premise is that the entire world is a hateful place. The world as it is for mutants is awful and so they seek to destroy the status quo. As CRaymond just says, having them exist in the same universe as the rest of the MU makes genuinely good characters in other franchises look like callous monsters.\

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW
    Why do we need them to interact with other heroes?
    The X-Men are full of stories ripe for translation.
    It is the other heroes who constantly need to gate crash our world that is the problem.
    They're in a shared universe, so it makes sense that the rest of the UNIVERSE would intrude into the X-Men bubble. It gets really weird when a franchise never interacts with anything else, despite taking place on the same Earth at the same time, often referencing the same global events.

I'm fine with x-men in the mcu but I feel like any attempts to incorporate them late-stage will be difficult to execute. they'll probably end up feeling very tacked-on
    bu then again im not exactly invested in the mcu . as long as they give us good content im not too worried about the interconnectivity

BANNED

Mostly because many years of x-stories and characthers being shared willy nilly to support everyone and their mothers in "the shared universe" yet none of that extends towards the x-verse, It has never benefited the x-men
    Personally id rather have them in their own universe, and have the stand in;s for the avengers/fantastic four to be proper villains and antagonists, and considering the sheer number of possible viable characthers and team combinations, it would probably be healthy for the franchise
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-14-2020 at 10:26 AM.

BANNED

oh it's about the mcu, nvm still applies

I don't mind them interacting but for me it is about fair. I would actually love for them to interact more now that marvel has all the rights because i don't feel the mutants will just be bulldozed like they have been imo, on many occasions in the past.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Because once X-men are in universe with other heroes then questions happen

1. Where are the other heroes when stuff is going down and visa versa
    2. You hate mutants but Human torch and thing are running around unbothered. Leaving the question of either X-men shouldn't be hated as much or other heroes should be hated more.

One of the postive things about X-men at Fox was that there were in their own universe and these questions were avoided. And superheroes stories work a little better when you aren't asking the question "so Spiderman, Dr Strange, daredevil, Luke cage, Avengers, etc are all in New York right. Why aren't they helping out against Magneto"? Every shared universe story after the Avengers carries a little of bit where is "blank hero" especially when the story stakes get higher.

I am personally fine with X-men existing in same universe as other heroes but they are solid reasons for them being away from other heroes. Think long and hard about it Batman knows the Justice League, He can have them commit to stop crime in Gotham for a month and set up infrastructure that will last without them around. It is not just a Xmen issue it is shared superhero universe issue. And Hulk and Spiderman have some of same issues as the X-men do at times. And certain heroes like Superman not occasional flying into Gotham and smacking around thugs or Batman letting Lex walking around mess with Superman doesn't make sense when you think about it.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-14-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Mostly because many years of x-stories and characthers being shared willy nilly to support everyone and their mothers in "the shared universe" yet none of that extends towards the x-verse, It has never benefited the x-men
    Personally id rather have them in their own universe, and have the stand in;s for the avengers/fantastic four to be proper villains and antagonists, and considering the sheer number of possible viable characthers and team combinations, it would probably be healthy for the franchise
    Pretty much that there. In the MCU the human hate would likely be toned down and the avengers would be more helpful. A fair amount of people don’t really want that, and want the mutants to be the only real heros.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Because once X-men are in universe with other heroes then questions happen

1. Where are the other heroes when stuff is going down and visa versa
    2. You hate mutants but Human torch and thing are running around unbothered. Leaving the question of either X-men shouldn't be hated as much or other heroes should be hated more.

One of the postive things about X-men at Fox was that there were in their own universe and these questions were avoided. And superheroes stories work a little better when you aren't asking the question "so Spiderman, Dr Strange, daredevil, Luke cage, Avengers, etc are all in New York right. Why aren't they helping out against Magneto"? Every shared universe story after the Avengers carries a little of bit where is "blank hero" especially when the story stakes get higher.

I am personally fine with X-men existing in same universe as other heroes but they are solid reasons for them being away from other heroes. Think long and hard about it Batman knows the Justice League, He can have them commit to stop crime in Gotham for a month and set up infrastructure that will last without them around. It is not just a Xmen issue it is shared superhero universe issue. And Hulk and Spiderman have some of same issues as the X-men do at times. And certain heroes like Superman not occasional flying into Gotham and smacking around thugs or Batman letting Lex walking around mess with Superman doesn't make sense when you think about it.
    Agreed.

Xmen in a seperate universe via movies and comics is fine with me. Hell for the movies they could even do something like a parallel universe via ghost boxes or something like secret wars or even introduce the incursions as an adaptation to get to avengers vs xmen if need be

Everyday X-Men stories are commonly separated from Marvel. A lot of X-Men fans are not big into other comics. The social and political climate of X-Men is highly needed. X-Men cannot sustain itself in the MCU for this. X-Men has a gritter tone than the rest of Marvel. MCU does not have the best reputation in the genre. A lot of X-Men fans want people to see X-Men as an intellectual series, a place of real cinema, not a series that is silly or spoofy that is pisses off many directors who could make good films about xmen. A lot of xmen fans get tired of the complaints from the MCU that X-Men is too dark. All of these are reasons they want X-men to be separate.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 03-14-2020 at 07:34 PM.

We still don't know how they're going to incorporate the mutants into the MCU, but I think it'll feel forced no matter how they do it. Honestly, the only X characters who would really benefit from the MCU connection are Rogue and Psylocke (though Captain Britain isn't even part of MCU yet). Who else? Captain America and Black Widow are gone, so almost nothing for Wolvie. Storm/Black Panther is trash, she deserves better than being reduced to a love interest in someone else's franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I'm fine with x-men in the mcu but I feel like any attempts to incorporate them late-stage will be difficult to execute. they'll probably end up feeling very tacked-on
    bu then again im not exactly invested in the mcu . as long as they give us good content im not too worried about the interconnectivity
    I agree with this point more than anything else.

Can you imagine, "Yes, the X-Men have been around for years, they considered helping during Thanos, but decided it would be better to stay unknown for the time being."
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.