Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think he redeemed himself there and stopped being a villain, which Spencer's run subtly references:

(ASM#22 vol 5).

That makes it sounds like Snyder is the one who wrote Batman: Hush lol.

Yeah, guess it could work for him, though Wolverine kinda limits all of the silver age nonsense Snyder so clearly loves lol.

Then again, guess the villains could compensate for that...
    Huh, that actually sounds kind of neat, i'm tempted to actually read Squirrel Girl (and hey the writer tried to fix that gross scene that Bendis put in New Avengers so kuudos to then). I did enjoy Squirrel Girl in Eiwing New Avengers and U.S Avengers (they are pretty fun runs) but i'm not sure if i would like her as a protagonist

Hush is definetly the kind of stuff that Snyder would do, but with a lot more text lol.

He probably would find a way to connect Logan with the more Silver Age stuff in Marvel, as i said, he isn't exactly shy about adding big stuff to the characthers backstory, i bet that he would have give Logan at least another child, with the mother being Lady Python
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-20-2021 at 04:08 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    In Marvel Team up the second time he appeared he did change his name to Meteor Man. I think it was just a one off for those two issues. Cant remember if he stuck with that name when he teamed up with Bill Foster Giantman to fight The Looter.
    The name was still used in Spectacular#41 at least:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Peter...r-Man_Vol_1_41

It probably stuck, but I get the feeling a comic afterwards has him being called "Looter" again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Huh, that actually sounds kind of neat, i'm tempted to actually read Squirrel Girl (and hey the writer tried to fix that gross scene that Bendis put in New Avengers so kuudos to then). I did enjoy Squirrel Girl in Eiwing New Avengers and U.S Avengers (they are pretty fun runs) but i'm not sure if i would like her as a protagonist
    That art style is too repulsive to me, what I've seen of the dialogue looked whatever too lol.

Hush is definetly the kind of stuff that Snyder would do, but with a lot more text lol.
    And silver age nonsense, possessed Supes would probably transform into a horse that Batman has to make a super saddle to tame him or somethin'.

He probably would find a way to connect Logan with the more Silver Age stuff in Marvel, as i said, he isn't exactly shy about adding big stuff to the characthers backstory, i bet that he would have give Logan at least another child, with the mother being Lady Python
    Considering the ridiculous amount of backstory he got, and characters Wolverine have met over the years before the modern age, man, that wouldn't look out of place lol.

Well, maybe the Princess Python thing would, going a bit too far by using a D-lister for this .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ERON View Post
    The Looter is one of the few Lee/Ditko villains who didn't become an iconic part of Spidey's rogues gallery. If I had to guess, I'd say the uninspired name had a lot to do with it. If he had been called the Meteor or something like that, he might have caught on.
    Looter’s best issue is against Ben Reilly in ‘Sensational Spider-Man’ #8.

Yes, he’s underused, but I think the least used Lee/Ditko creation is their last… A Guy Named Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I did once have an idea to revamp Carolyn Trainer/Lady Octopus as a villain that would have brought her VR-focused storylines from the 90s into a more technologically plausible modern context, at least for the Marvel Universe.
    Or just the cyberpathy element. A Doc Ock who's a HACKER and uses that as a weapon? that's something you can have fun with as a writer.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Or just the cyberpathy element. A Doc Ock who's a HACKER and uses that as a weapon? that's something you can have fun with as a writer.
    Indeed. My idea would have also had her go corporate and market her VR tech as consumer entertainment, enabling her to extend her reach even more, using the neural interface to hack into people's brains and steal their secrets for profit or blackmail.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Looter’s best issue is against Ben Reilly in ‘Sensational Spider-Man’ #8.

Yes, he’s underused, but I think the least used Lee/Ditko creation is their last… A Guy Named Joe.
    Is that the one where he still the bits of other super criminals. He looted the Looters? I remember that issue because The Lotter was stealing things to raise money to buy a meteor. And Spiderman asked "If you are such a great Looter why didnt you steal the Meteor?" The Looters answer was great. "um.. Never thought of that."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Is that the one where he still the bits of other super criminals. He looted the Looters? I remember that issue because The Lotter was stealing things to raise money to buy a meteor. And Spiderman asked "If you are such a great Looter why didnt you steal the Meteor?" The Looters answer was great. "um.. Never thought of that."
    Yes, I think it’s one of the most fun Spider-Ben issues.

Everyone talks about how great Jurgens ‘Sensational’ run is… and it was. But we don’t hear enough about the Dezago/Wieringo run that followed it. Very underrated.

Astonishing Member

Yes, I think it’s one of the most fun Spider-Ben issues.

Everyone talks about how great Jurgens ‘Sensational’ run is… and it was. But we don’t hear enough about the Dezago/Wieringo run that followed it. Very underrated.
    Also Dezago really loved Ben, and it showed

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Also Dezago really loved Ben, and it showed
    He did. I corresponded with him through email when I was a kid in the late 90s. I sent him like 10 questions about Ben. He had no reason to patiently reply (with long answers) to some random kid, but he’s a good guy. And he did love Ben and also working with ‘Ringo. It really bothers me that his contributions are a bit forgotten nowadays, and I also wish he would get more work again (unless he’s retired or has changed vocations, I don’t know).

The emails are long gone, but one thing I remember is he said Peter was supposed to meet Ben’s spirit at the end of his Technomancers arc (the arc he teams up with Dr Strange… remember the blue orb that guides Peter throughout the arc), but Marvel said leave it ambiguous as they might bring Ben back one day and didn’t want to have to explain it. Guess they did… it only took 20 years!

Indeed. My idea would have also had her go corporate and market her VR tech as consumer entertainment, enabling her to extend her reach even more, using the neural interface to hack into people's brains and steal their secrets for profit or blackmail.
    Or maybe be sneaky about it so no one knows who designed the tech.

He did. I corresponded with him through email when I was a kid in the late 90s. I sent him like 10 questions about Ben. He had no reason to patiently reply (with long answers) to some random kid, but he’s a good guy. And he did love Ben and also working with ‘Ringo. It really bothers me that his contributions are a bit forgotten nowadays, and I also wish he would get more work again (unless he’s retired or has changed vocations, I don’t know).

The emails are long gone, but one thing I remember is he said Peter was supposed to meet Ben’s spirit at the end of his Technomancers arc (the arc he teams up with Dr Strange… remember the blue orb that guides Peter throughout the arc), but Marvel said leave it ambiguous as they might bring Ben back one day and didn’t want to have to explain it. Guess they did… it only took 20 years!
    That scene was what motivated me to write my only letter to Marvel -- I must've been about 13 or so -- because I knew the implication was that Peter had experienced Ben's soul in some kind of afterlife; so, I was like, "Hey, just have Dr. Strange bring him back!" That letter ended up appearing in one of the Identity Crisis issues of Sensational -- the one in which Kaine made his dramatic return!

I can't help but wonder if PAD was familiar with those issues, as there are some parallels to Ben's afterlife experience in that Sensational run and PAD's Scarlet run.

-Pav, who is jonesing for more Ben Reilly after no new issue this week...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Or maybe be sneaky about it so no one knows who designed the tech.
    True enough. She'd have been working under an alias or two and using high-tech camouflage to subtly disguise herself so she wouldn't be publicly recognized as Carolyn Trainer, making it easier to market her VR-tech.

True enough. She'd have been working under an alias or two and using high-tech camouflage to subtly disguise herself so she wouldn't be publicly recognized as Carolyn Trainer, making it easier to market her VR-tech.
    With Alchemax already established in the "present," I'd love to see Carolyn Trainer used to establish the "inside the internet" stuff that was all over the 2099 comics. She's absolutely perfect for the role, and linking her to 2099 would give her character some real oomph.

-Pav, who wouldn't be upset if Seward Trainer's mind still exists on some floppy disks somewhere...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

How nice of him!!

Yeah, at the end Peter just mutters "B..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    With Alchemax already established in the "present," I'd love to see Carolyn Trainer used to establish the "inside the internet" stuff that was all over the 2099 comics. She's absolutely perfect for the role, and linking her to 2099 would give her character some real oomph.

-Pav, who wouldn't be upset if Seward Trainer's mind still exists on some floppy disks somewhere...
    Carolyn working for Alchemax in the present and establishing the virtual reality technology that gets mainstreamed by the year 2099 would be a pretty good idea, too. As for her father Seward's mind still existing on some floppy disks somewhere, that does remind me of how Arnim Zola digitized himself in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.