Page 46 of 104 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

I love the GAMERVERSE! #MoreCostumes #Where'sKraven
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

From where I'm up to in the game I'm loving the gamerverse.

I hope in the next game we get a Spiders-Man suit, the power could be something like once activated enemies won't come close to you. Enemies with ranged options would still attack, that way it's not overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I love the GAMERVERSE! #MoreCostumes #Where'sKraven
    It'll be interesting to see what they do about the costumes in the sequel since there were so many in this game and they were pretty comprehensive. I can only think of 1-2 major suits that they didn't cover, excluding the ones that are probably more plot relevant.

There's also the fact that they'll potentially have a second playable spider-person, so would Peter and Miles share or split the costumes?

I assume Kraven was Spider-Man's "number 1 favorite Russian" since Rhino was called his second favorite during the boss fight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what they do about the costumes in the sequel since there were so many in this game and they were pretty comprehensive. I can only think of 1-2 major suits that they didn't cover, excluding the ones that are probably more plot relevant.

There's also the fact that they'll potentially have a second playable spider-person, so would Peter and Miles share or split the costumes?

I assume Kraven was Spider-Man's "number 1 favorite Russian" since Rhino was called his second favorite during the boss fight.
    Does anyone know why, exactly, the black/symbiote/Venom suit isn't in there? It's such a strange exclusion considering the game's release coinciding with the Venom movie and both were from Sony.

My only guess is they're saving him for a sequel, but... why? Like, why even have a sequel when you already have the city & the combat built and polished? I'm completely open to them adding more DLC, but as far as I know, there isn't any stated plan for more episodes following City That Never Sleeps which was pretty underwhelming, tbh, but if that's all these are going to be, I'm fine with that, provided that Insomniac gives us the villains we want to fight, and the alternate Spider-Man costumes/personas that we want to play as!

Playing as Miles, or... hell, anyone -- Spider-Gwen, Superior, etc -- these additions really wouldn't be that impossible to pull off. The game is already built. Given that, then we're only talking about a new skin, an alternate suit power set specific to the character, and new dialogue/script.

You could even deliver less and I'd be satisfied — I'm already beyond satisfied! I'm enthusiastic. That's why I'm posting, and asking for more. It's all there, seemingly, so why isn't it happening already? Does anyone know?

We just had 3 episodes focused around some B/C-tier level Spidey characters -- not that I dislike Hammerhead, Silver Sable, Black Cat, just that it's true they are lower status, when you have Kraven, Lizard, Sandman, Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin, Mysterio, Prowler. You could keep releasing DLC and thereby keep this game at the top of the sales charts for the rest of the PS4's lifetime. The only answer, really, is that they are saving these characters for the sequel, but I keep coming back to -- why?? Why even bother rebuilding the game mechanics when they are already fine-tuned and the game is already gorgeous? It's the best possible version of the Batman Arkham gameplay but, just, better, and those games were fun too.

Lastly, and most unlikely to come as DLC, I would love the ability to go inside more locations, like FEAST or the lab or the Bases, during 'peace time.' Being able to walk around and interact with citizens is a cool and very in-character addition to Spider-Man... it contrasts very well with Red Dead 2, where you seemingly have tons of interactive options but actually it's impossible to be kind and polite; most of your choices are aggressive or stand-offish. Spidey is a man of the people. Open up the MJ locations, or the art museum or whatever. Similar to the Bases, but with non-fighting/stealth/swinging minigames.

. Especially in the post-game, when the story is complete and you can change more options like the time of day, it'd be cool to be able to just swing around and almost truly go ANYWHERE in the city. Like a remake of Batman Arkham trilogy but you can actually go around inside Asylum, visit reskinned districts of Arkham City, and the Gotham of Arkham Knight. Spidey, Batman, and Zelda BOTW are all fun when you're just wandering around, and that's more fun when there are more things to discover.

tl;dr

My top 3 requests, in order of how likely (relatively) they'd be added as DLC.

1. Venom or Miles costume options
    2. New bosses / DLC for more popular villains or continue/conclude Mayor Osborn's storyline.
    3. More buildings with accessible interiors, like the Bases but with Civilians doing normal things. Possibly including minigames like playing cards in RDR 2 but not as extensive. Like, you can go into the lobby of The Avengers building and try to negotiate with the receptionist about seeing Tony Stark in a dialogue tree, but ultimately not being able to, he's busy elsewhere. Or, crawling past the window where JJ Jameson is recording his show, and he freaks out.

I loved the little touches like the quick cut/load scene of Spidey taking the subway for fast travel, or people asking for pictures or high fives, and would encourage Insomniac to keep going in that direction and keep developing the "Friendly Neighborhood" aspect as a gameplay device.

EDIT:

I found this quote from the game's creative director:

"I think something like that suit (symbiote suit) deserves its day in the spotlight. I think just making it an unlockable suit wouldn't be doing it justice. It's one of the best stories for Spider-Man. I think it's a complex story. And I think it's a story that needs to be told, and it needs to be told the way Insomniac would tell it."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoP_lwh8070&t=2199s

He goes on to talk about the choice of featuring more obscure characters like Mr Negative so that you're not just seeing the same Spidey villains you've seen before. In other words, it's a conscious creative choice, which I respect and admire, but also feel like the Batman Arkham games balanced this better. There were more obscure villains emphasized like Professor Pyg or Hugo Strange, but ultimately, you still have to include The Joker and Catwoman, you know?

tl dr tl dr

I want more and I want it nowwwww
    Last edited by gregpersons; 01-03-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    (Also, isn't it crazy that the Venom suit isn't in the game? It's the most famous alternate suit, Sony just put out a Venom movie, and the character is nowhere in this Game of the Year candidate? I'm sure there's SOME explanation but it's still pretty surprising that they missed that cross-promotion? Same with the Miles Morales suit. Maybe that DLC is coming... ?)
    Venom himself seems to be in the game, at the end we see a black... Something reaching out to Norman in that thing Harry is in, it looks like Venom, maybe Venom is even that "GR-35" that is shown while MJ is searching Norman's files, at least that's my theory.

Couldn't it be Chameleon as well? I forget if he's from Russia...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Venom himself seems to be in the game, at the end we see a black... Something reaching out to Norman in that thing Harry is in, it looks like Venom, maybe Venom is even that "GR-35" that is shown while MJ is searching Norman's files, at least that's my theory.
    That's definitely supposed to be the Symbiote.

I imagine they're going to build up the Black Suit and Venom in the sequel game.
    Couldn't it be Chameleon as well? I forget if he's from Russia...
    I thought it could be Chameleon, but Kraven is his more famous Russian villain and they reference Chameleon in a side-mission, so I think it's more likely him.

Like, otherwise Kraven is probably the biggest villain they never outright reference in the game, which is weird to me.

I imagine they're going to build up the Black Suit and Venom in the sequel game.

I thought it could be Chameleon, but Kraven is his more famous Russian villain and they reference Chameleon in a side-mission, so I think it's more likely him.

Like, otherwise Kraven is probably the biggest villain they never outright reference in the game, which is weird to me.
    What's the Chameleon reference?

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    What's the Chameleon reference?
    There's a mission where Spidey stumbles onto news of there being another Spider-Man roaming around the streets of New York and he first questions whether it might be Chameleon trying to frame him again.

There's a mission where Spidey stumbles onto news of there being another Spider-Man roaming around the streets of New York and he first questions whether it might be Chameleon trying to frame him again.
    God dang it, I missed that haha thanks.

It also seemed like they hinted that Peter had the black suit previously, there's one scene Yuri jokingly asks him if he has a black suit, and he replies with "uuhhh", it made me think that he meant "Yes, but I don't wanna talk about it", or maybe I'm just overthinking a joke, maybe Spidey was just surprised she quipped lol.

Yeah, the lack of hints for Kraven is weird, even Sandman got one, a terrifying one, 'cause really, he's sealed inside that container at the top of the Avengers Tower 'cause Spidey just forgot about him, that's really out of character for him lol.

Anyways, I talked with a friend about how Kraven could be used in the next game, we concluded that the best thing they could do with him is to make him into the Challenge-guy, like Taskmaster, it'd even make sense with his character, and we could get some more creative challenges, such as having traps around, maybe even traps on the race challenges, or fighting animals, Kraven really has the best potential in Spidey's rogue gallery for this, so I hope they do something like that with him, if they're gonna use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Anyways, I talked with a friend about how Kraven could be used in the next game, we concluded that the best thing they could do with him is to make him into the Challenge-guy, like Taskmaster, it'd even make sense with his character, and we could get some more creative challenges, such as having traps around, maybe even traps on the race challenges, or fighting animals, Kraven really has the best potential in Spidey's rogue gallery for this, so I hope they do something like that with him, if they're gonna use him.
    Now that you mention it, I feel like those challenges would've made more sense for Kraven then Taskmaster.

Now that you mention it, I feel like those challenges would've made more sense for Kraven then Taskmaster.
    Yeah, once the friend convinced me that Kraven would be a good challenge-guy (Initialy I found it weird since Kraven tends to be more direct, and when he isn't, he only lays traps, not make the character fight other enemies), I immediately thought that Kraven could've been used instead of Taskmaster, perhaps they did that for some world-building that isn't just references (Since Avengers, Daredevil, Black Panther, Dr Strange and Jones are only referenced in some way or another), and/or to have Spidey fight someone who isn't in his rogues gallery, to show that these other characters don't just happen to live there, which worked well.

I think another character who'd work well for challenges would be Mysterio, if he gets a characterization closer to Spectacular cartoon (As far as I remember in the comics, he's just a pety villain who likes those tricks, while Spectacular had him more of an attention whore), though, that'd make him have basicaly the same intentions as Screwball, or maybe Arcade.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    My only guess is they're saving him for a sequel, but... why? Like, why even have a sequel when you already have the city & the combat built and polished?I'm completely open to them adding more DLC, but as far as I know, there isn't any stated plan for more episodes following City That Never Sleeps which was pretty underwhelming, tbh, but if that's all these are going to be, I'm fine with that, provided that Insomniac gives us the villains we want to fight, and the alternate Spider-Man costumes/personas that we want to play as!

We just had 3 episodes focused around some B/C-tier level Spidey characters -- not that I dislike Hammerhead, Silver Sable, Black Cat, just that it's true they are lower status, when you have Kraven, Lizard, Sandman, Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin, Mysterio, Prowler. You could keep releasing DLC and thereby keep this game at the top of the sales charts for the rest of the PS4's lifetime. The only answer, really, is that they are saving these characters for the sequel, but I keep coming back to -- why?? Why even bother rebuilding the game mechanics when they are already fine-tuned and the game is already gorgeous?It's the best possible version of the Batman Arkham gameplay but, just, better, and those games were fun too.
    Because there's still to room to improve, the web swinging, combat, stealth, traversal, etc. And with the announcement of the PS5 on the horizon, Insomniac is gonna want to pull off all the stops to make the sequel more ambitious and hopefully more innovative than its predecessor. A level of ambition that the PS4 may not be able to handle. DLC updates aren't gonna cut it either, and from a consumer's perspective, they aren't gonna be too happy having to pay more than what they bought the base game for (or the latest DLCs) every 3 months or so.
    Last edited by CosmicGoji; 01-06-2019 at 12:04 AM.

iMan 42s

If we are talking improvements overall and not just to Spider-man himself, the biggest improvement in the world would be;

-Dynamic crime and proper day and night cycle. People walk the streets and go about their business and even commit crimes relative to time of day.
    -Interiors of more buildings. Not all of them but more in that the world feels more alive. Not just shops getting held up.
    -Above and below exploration. The biggest improvement from Spider-man 2 to 3 was the addition of being able to roam the subway and sewers. The sewers if you managed to glitch back into it. But point being, was that both exist in the game-world simultaneously to the events on the streets of New York. No loading screen required.
    -Dynamic weather. It doesn't have to accumulate, hardware limitations and all, but it starting to rain and things get wet one night, or it's blisteringly hot and the city reflects this is a step up.

As far as combat goes, I think they have a good system in place but I think it would benefit from new approaches. Like being able to stealth entire combat zones or challenge rooms or pulling an Indy and and taking out comm systems so they can't call for backup. The Spider-man equivalent of just shooting the guy and walking off. Maybe even some AOE attacks because that's basically what finishers become, they're just room cleaners. So why not make that an actual feature?

Like instead of taking out one guy with a focus bar, we have an option for an AOE move. We know Peter might have access to Otto's notes on the arms, so what if Peter built his own safer version (resembling spider legs?) and he uses that in a combo move which results in AOE damage. Sure Spider-legs are cool for an ability, but they only hit a little harder and making them a move in Peter's arsenal and potential gadget frees up space for new things. What's more is that it's kind of a pain in the ass to clear rooms when the devs pull crap like they did in Turf Wars. So why not build a new gadget out of that as well, like being able to up upgrade and modify the arms to auto target enemies (being unable to take them down totally, just slow them down), and do things like use them for puzzles? Which brings me to my next point, actual puzzles.

Spider-man is rife with options for this sort of thing and so actively using Spider-bots or arms to find the perfect entrance into a layer or take out thugs silently is an option worth exploring. Basically giving the player more agency to tackle challenges and not putting arbitrary requirements on things.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.