Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It would be nice if the progressive Democrats won any real power, because they might go after Trump. But a guy like Biden--I wouldn't be surprised if he suspended any actions against Trump "for the good of the nation."
    1) It's not Biden's job to prosecute Trump, that's up to the legal system on the state and federal level to take that case, which are independent of the President.

2) The only way Biden can help Trump is if he pardons him, which he is extremely unlikely to do (remember Nixon got pardoned by the VP of his own party and that was so controversial that Ford had no chance of being elected after completing Nixon's term).

3) Personally leading and calling for prosecutions agains Trump would be construed as "lawfare" a la "Special Prosecutor to appoint Hillary" it's a very dicey thing even if Biden has the authority to do it. It cannot have the appearance of a succeeding candidate attacking his predecessor.

4) Progressive Democrats are no more likelier to bring actions against Trump if they became POTUS because of 1) and 3).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Donald was cracking badly last month with his upping things on Stimulus talks and putting McConnell and company in a risky spot. In fact as it was McConnell who would come out and go , we never said we'd do all this ! He was growing frustrated with Trump being well....Donald Trump. He likely is telling people , we can talk to Joe Biden. We can at least talk and work possibly.
    I imagine McConnell is just tired of babysitting someone with narcissist personality disorder for four years, and is ready to play defense with a Republican controlled senate.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    This. Whatever deal they had is null and void when Trump leaves the Whitehouse. Chances are Trump will be busy trying to keep himself out of jail anyway.
    I imagine that will be the case, I just hope we finally get to see his tax returns.

Retired

I meant that if there were more progressives in Congress and if they had control of the Senate, then it would be more likely for them to hold hearings and find wrong-doing. I think what the United States really needs is a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to investigate systemic racism and other deep-seated issues in the union--bringing out into the light generational wrongs. At least it would be a start toward healing the great wounds in that country.

'It's coming from the silence
    On the dock of the bay,
    From the brave, the bold, the battered
    Heart of Chevrolet
    Democracy is coming to the USA
    It's coming from the sorrow in the street
    The holy places where the races meet
    From the homicidal bitchin'
    That goes down in every kitchen
    To determine who will serve and who will eat
    From the wells of disappointment
    Where the women kneel to pray
    For the grace of God in the desert here
    And the desert far away:
    Democracy is coming to the USA'

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    'It's coming from the silence
    On the dock of the bay,
    From the brave, the bold, the battered
    Heart of Chevrolet
    Democracy is coming to the USA
    It's coming from the sorrow in the street
    The holy places where the races meet
    From the homicidal bitchin'
    That goes down in every kitchen
    To determine who will serve and who will eat
    From the wells of disappointment
    Where the women kneel to pray
    For the grace of God in the desert here
    And the desert far away:
    Democracy is coming to the USA'
    I love Leonard Cohen.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I love Leonard Cohen.
    The legendary Canadian artist passed away four years ago on this day.

Boisterously Confused

Thankfully, I guess this thread's mission is now moot.

Mods, lock it up! hahahaha

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Thankfully, I guess this thread's mission is now moot.
    If Trump LOSES Re-Election, Will It Be the End of America? Is his base crazy enough to start a civil war? Or at least try...

in before the lock?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    If Trump LOSES Re-Election, Will It Be the End of America? Is his base crazy enough to start a civil war? Or at least try...

in before the lock?
    I am guessing we will be fine. I think a very small minority are crazy enough to start pockets of violence, but they will be quashed and arrested and tried by the rule of law for which they hold so little regard.

He still has over 2 months to screw things up.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Does anyone want to take the Over/Under on how many Biden supporters are attacked/shot/stabbed tonight?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes, a spoiled brat who can't admit he has lost but still has two months before he's out can still throw a temper tantrum and do lots of damage out of spite.

But, thankfully, the main mission of this thread is over and we'll never know what a second Trump term would have been like.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yep but I have a feeling he will be throwing tantrums whilst McConnell starts organising the Republicans and taking charge...

The secret service have a plan for forcibly removing Trump if refuses, apparently. I'm guessing it is promising to take him to get McDonalds for a happy meal whilst carrying him out with a pacifier in his mouth.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

in before the lock?
    I said it elsewhere: I don't fear a civil war, I do fear an increase in domestic terrorism. Trump's pistol packers communicate more intensively than in the past, but it doesn't seem to have yielded coordination. None of the Militia or White Supremacists leaders appear willing to subordinate themselves to any of the others yet.

I suspect they'll continue poisoning angry young men who'll independently go out shooting people they blame for their woes. You know, doing what they hate radicalized Muslims for.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 11-08-2020 at 09:23 AM.