Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    When I heard he was coming on to the X-Men, I thought he was hoping to get noticed by Marvel, but on the movie side. I could see him getting paid big to help out/write the MCU X-Men.
    Marvel Hollywood basically told Marvel Comics to get lost a long time ago. The Comics brought Hickman on to try and make the Comics more exciting than the Movies.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Can't say I am upset. But then I am not confident about the future either. :-/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    At what cost?
    $3.99

10 char

BANNED

I don't think Hickman has substantially contributed to anything after HoX/PoX. Now if you ask me why, It's was pretty clear he wanted to most of the books and his own run to his own storytelling. But he wasn't given the opportunity and hence he left after only two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I don't think Hickman has substantially contributed to anything after HoX/PoX. Now if you ask me why, It's was pretty clear he wanted to most of the books and his own run to his own storytelling. But he wasn't given the opportunity and hence he left after only two years.
    I disagree with him not having the oppurtunity. He wrote twenty xmen books after and most were just world building deals and not character books.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not knowing exactly what goes down in the "X-Slack" I would surmise...from the interviews

He came on, did what he was paid to do with HoX/PoX, (which resurrected the X-Men literarily, literally and figuratively) added what plots and sub plots he thought was relevant and necessary in his X-Men book to take the franchise forward (working with the other writers) to his pre-planned conclusion but...life happened, Covid fucked, plans changed and along with the editors and writers decided not to end the run as he had initially planned, but instead allowed the books and stories he/they set up to change and evolve and run their natural course.

Going by how involved they all seemed in this new era from the start, I'm almost sure that JDW and X-Teams are quite aware of the notes and ending HiX-Man had planned so...if they wanted to take this era there eventually they could do so...with or without HiX-Man's input and blessing.

I'm not going to put my head on a block for anyone but...It doesn't seem as though he breezed in, did what he wanted, didn't get his way, then left everyone else to just finish and fend for themselves...that would be highly unprofessional of him.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    $3.99

10 char
    I enjoy you.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I enjoy you.
    And you, sir, are my favorite.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    I disagree with him not having the oppurtunity. He wrote twenty xmen books after and most were just world building deals and not character books.
    He wrote 20 issues of setting up each issue for future plots or other writers. Those future plots remained unfinished. He wasn't given the opportunity to do the way he wanted. He said that in the interview itself.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    He wrote 20 issues of setting up each issue for future plots or other writers. Those future plots remained unfinished. He wasn't given the opportunity to do the way he wanted. He said that in the interview itself.
    Facts, he was forced to slow down his plan and then had to leave because other writers wanted to play in the sandbox longer that he created.

baumblume

This story is insane. I can’t wait to see how this plays out..����
    Moira discovers cure for X-gene in previous life.
    > Doesn't use it on her son Proteus despite having dangerous powers, had him locked up for a long time, promising to find him a cure (which she always had).

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    This story is insane. I can’t wait to see how this plays out..����
    Moira discovers cure for X-gene in previous life.
    > Doesn't use it on her son Proteus despite having dangerous powers, had him locked up for a long time, promising to find him a cure (which she always had).
    Isn't that the whole problem now though, it won't play out. The current creators no longer want to pursue the original story path and just plan to meander in Krakoa until everyone gets bored of it...

Quote Originally Posted by AoANightcrawler View Post
    Isn't that the whole problem now though, it won't play out. The current creators no longer want to pursue the original story path and just plan to meander in Krakoa until everyone gets bored of it...
    It's a catch 22. I like the new Krakoa era so I am glad it is being extended, but it is unfortunate he isn't ending on his own terms. At least now it makes sense why his Xmen was so horrifically bland and why there were certain story omissions. Many complained about resurrection, lack of panel time given to reunions of the previous dead, the Xmen working with villains etc. Now we understand why a lot of this stuff got short shrift: Krakoa wasn't meant to last long enough to shed light on these "problems" or have you question it. It seems as though it was meant to implode quickly.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    See, now I’m starting to think that this ”next big Marvel thing” for Hickman is some sort of editorial position. At first I was thinking Eternals or Inhumans because those are the only big(ish) franchises he hasn’t touched aside from solo characters like Spidey which I don’t see him being interested in at all. But now that I think about the whole Substack move where Hickman basically tries out his own line of books and the fact that he talked about having gained new experiences as head of x in his farewell letter and how he isn’t interested in a monthly book format anymore I kind of get the impression that he has negotiated with Marvel about becoming some sort of editor. It would make sense why he talked so vaguely about his ”next big Marvel thing” instead of ”next big Marvel book”.
    God, I wish they would get rid of JDW and get Hickman to run editorial in his place. Maybe then we wouldn't see Colossus get shat on in every single plot he's included in.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    God, I wish they would get rid of JDW and get Hickman to run editorial in his place. Maybe then we wouldn't see Colossus get shat on in every single plot he's included in.
    Is there anything to suggest Hickman particularly cares about Colossus, or are we just mythologising Hickman now as a magical white saviour who will return from the dead on the seventh day and restore our favourite characters to the prominence they so clearly deserve?