Page 286 of 287 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287 LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 4303
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

If you guys were going to make a FF event what would it be about?
    I have an idea.

The Future Foundation Returns: Alex Power has stumbled out in front of the Yancy Street heavily injured. When the F4 heal him, Alex recalls their journey to find the Molecule Man. Unfortunately, they were opposed by creatures from the Realm of the Beyonders. See, when Doom killed the Beyonders, another species has taken hold at the top of the evolutionary food chain in their dimension. If Owen Reese returns, that means that would have a Beyonder and therefore a threat to their power. Since Owen is dead and scattered, they want to keep them that way. They took each member of the Future Foundation for good leverage.

Reed puts his children and a newly reassembled Power Pack in charge of rescuing the Future Foundation while the Fantastic Four deal with the beings from Wild Space.

The Fantastic Four move to turn these beings against each other since they know overpowering them isn't an option without Franklin. To do so, they need to physically go into the realm of the Beyonders and study the cultures of that world. Ready yourself for some really trippy imagery that pay homage to Ditko and Kirby.

Meanwhile Franklin goes on an angst fest over how his powers are now an Mana bar (cause someone had to write an explanation about how those mutant powers worked). They rescue a member in a unique environment (world corroded in dark matter, frozen maze, astral plane, world where gravity doesn't exist etc.)

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

One Beyonder somehow managed to survive Secret Wars & Dooms attack. It’s since grown insane and gained more of a personality (not unlike the original Beyonder)...and is coming for revenge on those who defied the Beyonders “great plan”.
    Reed and Doom take full responsibility and accept their roles as main targets against the Beyonder (who also plans to re-continue the destruction of the multiverse) and the entire MU rallies round to defeat it.

Nice way to remember that this run began with their comeback and also puts them front and centre without forcing anything. Also puts Reed and Doom on the same side which I would love to see considering how Secret Wars ended.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

That sounds pretty cool. I can even see it leading to it's own universe of books that's set in that time period.
    I’d love to see the Egyptian counterparts to our own heroes. I’d also love to see how Black Panther, and Wakanda, would be affected by it.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d love to see the Egyptian counterparts to our own heroes. I’d also love to see how Black Panther, and Wakanda, would be affected by it.
    An early Wakanda/Egypt war with Kang and Rama Tut each bringing in the F4 and the Panther to aid them. If not resolved, history changes. And yeah, history changes but we get some funky AofA type different books because of it. Would the Norse or Greek gods be able to handle this?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Aside from "Future Foundation", I would like to see an FF-affiliated team revive the "Fantastic Force" name, basically the strike force that is more willing to go to the field as needed. I doubt we've seen the last of the Fantastix since Slott made a lot of effort to emphasize them in FF #4; they should affiliate themselves as well.

I want all former members to become reserve members, even those like She-Hulk and Storm who are active members of other teams. Seeing all those folks in that grand reunion makes we wish we'll see them again.

I want Sue to revisit Old Atlantis and face Namor again. With the Avenging Son of Atlantis laying claim to all of Earth's oceans, Sue should revive her role as regent of Old Atlantis and take an active stance on whatever Namor is doing. We don't know how Aaron plans to unfold the saga of Atlantis, but the FF should get involved here. They still have their Antarctic base intact I believe. Likewise, whatever happened to Reed's California house? Can't they have West Coast operations like the Avengers?

And finally, the Foundation space station that Hickman introduced. Of all the superhero/superfamily teams of Marvel, the FF has classically been one of the most active in space. I'd like to see an event that involves all of their property, bases, and teams involved.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    An early Wakanda/Egypt war with Kang and Rama Tut each bringing in the F4 and the Panther to aid them. If not resolved, history changes. And yeah, history changes but we get some funky AofA type different books because of it. Would the Norse or Greek gods be able to handle this?
    I’m definitely interested in finding out. Maybe add in the Celtic gods too, that Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz used in their early Thor run. Maybe add in Merlyn, Roma, and the Captain Britain Corps too. Although I don’t want to use Kang (yes, I know Rama is Kang), but maybe use Marcus, the Scarlet Centurion instead.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-29-2018 at 05:51 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Earth 9501 Forever Yesterday
    E82B4E6B-472D-4DB9-A84C-0A82D6A520F2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I’m definitely interested in finding out. Maybe add in the Celtic gods too, that Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz used in their early Thor run. Maybe add in Merlyn, Roma, and the Captain Britain Corps too. Although I don’t want to use Kang (yes, I know Rama is Kang), but maybe use Marcus, the Scarlet Centurion instead.
    You idea would be really cool, but I see it more as a Black Panther event where his connection to Bast may be very important. I also see Thor, Storm and other characters related to the Gods being more involved than the FF.

I made a thread about pitching events: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...rossover-event
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Earth 9501 Forever Yesterday
    E82B4E6B-472D-4DB9-A84C-0A82D6A520F2.jpg
    I remember the story, and would love to see it fully explored, and not just a 3 part story.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Here's my FF event pitch:

It would be called Celestial Convergence (maybe that's too DC of a name).

It would be about the Celestial plane in the Hyperspace dimension going haywire and invading/absorbing our own and the heroes trying to put a stop to it.

The main players will be the Fantastic Four (particularly Sue and Franklin), the Eternals, Galactus and other cosmic beings, and a mix of classic and new Marvel aliens.

There would be no "big bad" or someone behind it all. It's about trying to stop a natural catastrophe as best as they can. Many will have to make hard decisions in order to survive and try to stop the dimension.
    This will be mainly a Fantastic Four event (because they've never really got one), Sue and Franklin are focused on more because of Sue's powers being linked to Hyperspace and Franklin being considered a huge threat by the Celestials. The Eternals, Galactus, and other cosmic beings would also be involved due to their link to the Celestials. It would also be an event that restores some of the Celestials importance and power that I've felt has been slightly lost over the years.

The lasting effects will that at the end of all of this the Marvel universe will have a new dimension to explore full of it's own aliens, laws of physics, and new adventures!
    Plus some characters will have to live with some of the decisions they made during the event.

Mighty Member

Sue's powers being linked to Hyperspace
    They are?

I was under the impression that Sue was just folding space since Dr. Midas, a villain who copied the powers of the Fantastic Four, described them as such.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    They are?

I was under the impression that Sue was just folding space since Dr. Midas, a villain who copied the powers of the Fantastic Four, described them as such.
    The energy she controls coming from Hyperspace is why she can damage Celestials:

The last time she came up against a Celestial was in Hickman's run and she managed to damage one.

It can also match that Midas description. Here's the wiki on Marvel's Hyperspace: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Glossary:Hyperspace
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-30-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Mighty Member

The energy she controls coming from Hyperspace is why she can damage Celestials:

Thanks for the information ... and the horrible reminder of the 90s. I will never understand why they decided to give Sue that costume, age up Franklin to be a Cable clone, give him a Stryfe in the form of Malice, and draw Hyperstorm with that costume. Also, Hyperstorm barely interacting with his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    It would be nicer just to have a story that either

retires Willie, with a celebration that includes the FF, of course

We find out post-death, that Willie had passed away, but in peace, and we have a reflective moment.
    .... and then eventually some writer is going to try and use Willie as a zombie or ghost in some capacity. not my thing.

I hope the next arc is action packed after the slow start as I've seen a few people starting to lose interest because of it, and I don't blame them.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-30-2018 at 09:25 PM.