Page 552 of 833 FirstFirst ... 52452502542548549550551552553554555556562602652 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 12488

Someone just drew my attention to the lightning (Ororo’s?) and Cap’s shield…

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    No it's not strange. How many genocides or massacres has Emma, or Jean, or Cyclops been through? For the last 35 years mutants have been going through nothing but genocide. Folks forget the legacy virus.
    That's my point exactatiously.
    It's not strange...when mutants have been under numerous decimation tactics throughout their entire history, regardless of who is leading.

If you want to be silly about it...Both Storm and Scott have two decimation events under their tenure...three counting JD, with Storm being "leader" of Arakkio and Scott being leader of X-Men. So it's a tie.
    Yet no one is positing that Marvel and the X-Office have something against Scott for whatever reason.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I kind of feel like some medieval torture on a cosmic scale. It took his brothers and all the eternals to break him last time and that was 100 years. I really want Storm to use his arsenal on him. Let him live in the constant shading of that amplified. Maybe send him to Amenth
    And, how do you propose she does that with her powerset?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The true mental gymnastics is thinking and believing that every writer should:
    1: Like Storm.
    2: Want to write her.

And if they don't, or don't write her as Claremont established well...they somehow hate Marvel's ONLY Black Female leader and have hated her for decades, apparently.
    Seriously, Marvel's "only" Black Female leader? I wasn't aware Monica Rambeau was classified as being non-black her being Chairwoman of the Avengers for many years.

Last edited by Micabe; 08-05-2022 at 04:22 PM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Nah, that's Thor's Lightning i'm willing to bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Seriously, Marvel's "only" Black Female leader? I wasn't aware Monica Rambeau was classified as being non-black her being Chairwoman of the Avengers for many years.

Can you please produce something from 2022? Please and thank you. Heck I'll take 2020-2022. I'll wait. I think the last time Monica lead a team was nextwave maybe? But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-05-2022 at 04:27 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

There isn't enough info there to determine whose lightning that was... What title and issue is this frame from?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Can you please produce something from 2022? Please and thank you. Heck I'll take 2020-2022. I'll wait. I think the last time Monica lead a team was nextwave maybe? But I could be wrong.
    oh yeah she was also in ultimates and that could be co lead sort of but guess what, that was low and behold ewing again. doing the good work, not waiting for indies to diversify. taking the "heat."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

And you know while i'm at it F marvel for cancelling GOTG. They went out of their way to kill that book right when it was catching on.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

oh yeah she was also in ultimates and that could be co lead sort of but guess what, that was low and behold ewing again. doing the good work, not waiting for indies to diversify. taking the "heat."
    Fact... Ororo wasn't Marvel's only black female leader. Were you under the impression that I posted those pages in an attempt to compare Monica's powers to Ororo's? Silly rabbit

Fact... Ororo wasn't Marvel's only black female leader. Were you under the impression that I posted those pages in an attempt to compare Monica's powers to Ororo's? Silly rabbit
    Fact ororo currently is. Can you produce ANYTHING that says otherwise TODAY. Silly rabbit indeed, tricks are definitely for kids. lol

But gets this it's even worse currently not a single female is leading a marvel team outside of storm, jean co-leading and Betsy. Only two are solo team lead.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-05-2022 at 04:51 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Nah, that's Thor's Lightning i'm willing to bet.
    There isn't enough info there to determine whose lightning that was... What title and issue is this frame from?
    JD #2. Also, I haven't seen Thor in one promo for JD. Just sayin’.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Fact ororo currently is. Can you produce ANYTHING that says otherwise TODAY. Silly rabbit indeed, tricks are definitely for kids. lol

But gets this it's even worse currently not a single female is leading a marvel team outside of storm, jean co-leading and Betsy. Only two are solo team lead.
    You nitpick and no one is arguing that. Devaishwarya, said "-- they somehow hate Marvel's ONLY Black Female leader..." and, that is simply not true. Currently, notwithstanding.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-05-2022 at 05:41 PM.

BANNED

JD #2. Also, I haven't seen Thor in one promo for JD. Just sayin’.

You nitpick and no one is arguing that. Devaishwarya, said "-- they somehow hate Marvel's ONLY Black Female leader..." and, that is simply not true. Currently, notwithstanding.
    Then please you two leave me out of whatever minor points your trying to make. I'm usually direct and the conversation was about now to my understanding, not all of marvel ever and it actually is weird to me you had to comb into what the 80s? 90s? To try to prove some kind of point that had to turn my comment into something it wasn't to make it the only thing you took from my post was storm is the only black female leader in the history of marvel to the point you were questioning whether I thought Monica was black which still that train of thought and leap of logic doesn't make sense to me. How does saying storm is the only black female lead end up in " you trying to say Monica ain't black".
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Oh damn. 🤣 Still, as I said in the JD thread, we'll see.